My Anthem

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My Merdeka Wish for NegaraKu: The Honourable Schoolboy

When I "happened" on this Malaysian based in London, I wasn't even sure which gender I would put (him/her/either) as s/he did not feature any distinguishing photo in his Profile. Flagging off as personal characteristics of "Sensitive plus Introvert", Desi does NOT buy personal promo stuff, especially with students who have had the benefit of overseas edu (thuis of course can be interpreted as a compliment or a criticism of a bad trait. it's the property of the acquirer).

I'm using some DDC speak today because when one reads Sensitrovert @howsy.blogspot.com, he's often throwing red herrings and sneaking coy moves buried in one-liners and many suggestive pictures bordering on phonography -- and most controversial of all, he jumps to making inferences quite startling. "Startling" is an understatement; on some Starry, Starry Nights, one would even label him UPSTART. The closet/closest Desi got to was Bardist.

I had occasion to register vehement protest -- over his quantum jumps in logic, and most times, he returned the favour with "elegant silence", eloquently. This was in vogue long before Musa Hitam caught on, okay!
As a later "tit4tat" (my reading okay!), or isIT quid pro quo? whatever!-- Howsy caricatured Desi as that nerdy, bespectacled journo, and By Jove, he got IT 93% correct. The 7%-deviation was in the colour code.

For himself, his disguise is as that self-absorbed academic lost in space -- dressed in an overcoat more House than Nobel laureatte2B -- but don't ye be fooled!

Methinks he's hyper-extrovert noctournally patrolling the streets of London --or back in NegaraKu on hiatus, even looking for that "Desi" character in the alleys and byways nigh Furong or Jalan Alor, or when I visit, along Baker Street, as I try to retrace Sherlock Holmes' trails. That's my sifu in code-ism way before da Vinci came upon the dollar sin. I stay away from Oxford or Cambridge because I sirmise that's Howsy' abode - and I don't wanna trifle with The Honourable Schoolboy.He might be making that breakthrough on latest Energiser using human sweat after making out with Mimi and Nicole (this guy always believes in working Threesome!) after swimming the English Channel. I don't know where he gets his FUN-ding because he also goes MIA often in Gay Paree, and yes, at StalkHome, the most expensive city in the WWW.

The sub-title comes inspired by one John appearing tomorrow, Now let's carry-on, le Carre?

With Howsy, I'm so used to pulling his legs with him non-responding I'm sometimes perplexed how come he comes back asking for more. Is it Oliver, Olivia, Olivetti; Masochism; Oedipal; or Medusa complex driving this sensitive, not so introverted, scribe? ~~~~ Across the seven seas and many channels ~~~ My EsteemedReaders, it's your pick.



Guest Blogger:
HOWSY aka Sensitrovert

"Hi Desi,

"Sorry it took me so long to write this but here it is -- short and simple.

When (one word 'deleted' by The Editor here, can be derogatory and this place does not encourage ANY proFUNity except coming from the Furong hoRst!) Desi wants me to write an essay 'My Hari Merdeka Wish for NegaraKu', my mind went totally blank. I mean, the last essay I wrote was when I was in secondary school! Alrite, in a more serious note, maybe I'm not that articulate, I really don't know where to start with.

I guess the most popular one amongst his essay candidates would be the 'positive' discriminative and affirmative policies in Malaysia now. Talking about the creation of a common standing platform for all Malaysian citizens; the creation of Bangsa Malaysia. With this taken up, I'm going to write about other things then.

Discrimination asides, let us ask ourselves one question: 'Am I comfortable living in Malaysia?'

Well,
the term 'comfortable' could be very subjective as it depends on the threshold of wants and needs one may have. For some people, earning a meal or two, having basic amenities and not living in a war-torn country are already 'comfortable' for them. Never mind the human rights such as freedom of speech, equality, justice, etc.

For others, 'comfortable' means other 'extra' amenities such as an efficient public transport and a safe natural and physical environment besides country not being war-torn. Never mind if they work their ass-off but their taxes are used to feed the vultures.

Then comes in the third group wanting 'more' (as according to a particular DPM), such as justice, equality, freedom, liberty, and whatnot. This group cares about how their country is being run even though there is no immediate or direct concern towards them. In other words they care even though it doesn't make them immediate richer if some 'loot' are recovered from cronyism, corruption and nepotism exposes.

Ask ourselves again what do we actually want coming this far towards half a century of independence. Do we still want to belong to the very first group or the 'extreme' third group.

Last but not least, to keep my 'hari merdeka wish' short and simple, I would want the citizens to have a more informed choice and would like to take charge more of their country. If we can't depend on politicians to make changes for us, we have to stand up for ourselves then!

The three sectors I would hope the citizens to take more charge of are the IPCMC, judiciary system and the local government . This is where I hope the ombudsman system will be born. I mean, if a dictatorial Zimbabwean country even has it in their constitution, why can't we have it, since we are partially in a dictatorial country already!

That's it for now,
and wishing you all a very Happy Independance Day,
or a Happy Holiday (whatever the fulfillment it is for you),
and it will be just another working, Princess Diana-mourning Thursday here in the UK.

Howsy.


DESIDERATA:

Sext time, when you write an Esei, Howsy ~~ Do it like a Schoolboy, starting with an Intro including a Thesis Statement, then get into the Body with red, hot contents, finally smoothly glide into the Conclusion. Now, you gave me a Beatles' Hello, Goodbye. Wella, come August 31, 2007...

The Schoolboy reminds me of my alma mater's motto:

Veni, Vidi, Vici.

And if you want to know the meaning of that, please ask Sensitrovert, The Maverick, and Anak Merdeka -- I know for sure they have a Copmmon Agenda. OtherWISE, why art they always acting in CONcert or CONsort, ioften with Desi facing their swords, or keris?

14 comments:

Arena Green said...

OMG!!! You are from my alma mater!! eeekkk!!! I still got the tie and badge. *sniff*

chong y l said...

Furonglang__ I once wrote that Seremban in fact was the Peyton Place of Malaysia once. Smallsville rite?

Now using Howsy' caricature, bump around town and see if you catch Desi scooping candies from the Cokkie jar~~ Desi, a prize awaits, just be carefool when opening the Box! Remember Pendurah!:)

Helen said...

Desi, all merdeka paintings featured in Desi's gallery not too rosy hor?? lol

Truth sometimes is just plain ugly.

Howsy said...

Glad to know that I'm still a 'schoolboy'. Kids dun wanna grow up, eh?

Anonymous said...

@howsy: I'm not laughing, man. I wanna go back to school :( I miss studying, strangely enough.

chong y l said...

helen:

Not all -- 93%! -- percent are ugly; 7% are in Blue H'avenly colours, which means there's HOPE yet.
No worries, as long as Desi's Place gets ONE reader, the Blog shall strive with quiet optimism -- similarly echoed by Anak M. I should've thot about copyrighting this.

Helen -- I raed your lips that you'll be loyally coming in da steal of da nite to peek at my 'rites, right!:)

chong y l said...

howsy: Being a schoolboy is a phase of abandonment, and if are poetry bardist instead of fighting Upstarts on Starry, Starry Nights, you would not wish these schoolboy days to end. Tom Brownish ...or Chinoserie eehPOHlangish school.

What's your school motto, mate? It's only rite you tell after AM and Desi have yella-ed ours!

chong y l said...

xpyre - minus da d at Desi's:

You aren't allowed to enrol as Schoolboy because you&Desi are limited in FUN-ding, This Sensitive one not so introverted has Mimi and Nicole for Company! Fun&Frolic -- that defines schoolife. You and Desi are overly serious -- we think we can change Da www with our thoughts, ala Das Capital or Animal Farm or V: the last s\uggested as an Option for consideration by Sabrina Tan now resident in LOTR. Methinks she's too affected by Da Ring!:)

PS: Xpyre ~~ pls remember to play hoRst here tomolo, okay! One mave was guilty of
dereliction' and had to bollo neighbour's TMNetto to show Face.:(

chong y l said...

PS to Helen, Howsy, XpyreK Declare your scvhool motto. ~~ Desi's Minimum Code for excess entry.

Howsy said...

"To strive, to seek and not to yield" or just simply "Usaha Hingga Jaya". ;)

Anonymous said...

Can't remember my school motto actually, heh.. something in latin, probably, and appropriately sober. :p

chong y l said...

FOLKS. came, saw and yet to CONquer!

I ars'ed for Motto with one good intention:

THat the Ideals of schoolboy (this encompasses schoolgal ala Lulu-la!:) usually promoted by the School Ethos will rekindle in us the fires of Youth.

Then this knotty morn an evil idea births:

I'll run a contest to Guess the school these Bardists came from based on Motto hints... Anak M and Desi came from Blue, Blooded. Blardy George/Georiana bloodline/wine/s...I think I'd badder STOP. The light just turns RED.

Xypred: If thou readeth this, please play HoRst to wedNURSEday's Post okay? Others, please engage this Honourable butt, NO Schoolboi!

chong y l said...

howsy:

Your school is "national" with Motto in BM; somewhere in Tajol Rosli's land, maybe even from His sekolah.

First 'uess: CONvent Jalan Bukit Bintang, Ipoh!:( Helen, pls check that out for Desi, Is there a sekolah by this nama tere?

chong y l said...

xpyre:

I give thee another 24 to do baddeer than that! "... something in latin, probably, and appropriately sober. :p " No can, No enug, hope it's NOT "Get stuffed!" -- the motor, I mean.:(