My Anthem

Friday, August 11, 2006

Ghouls & Demons...

Ah, and Iblis.
Desi went into thhe woods today for a personal errand.

Suddenly a lady dressed in white with the most enchanting smile that erased Nicole Kidman's image temporarily from my mind, appeared out of nowhere. Maybe from the water -- as there was a lake nearby.

She then walked beside Desi, so I did not have a "good" look at her facial features. I awlays look at a female's face before I come to any conclusion about her beauty. Nicole scores 10 out of 10 in the facials.

So not diressing too much, we started a conversation. Luckily her voice was feminine enough.
This is to assure mGf such as Howsy that no Brokeback cowgals descended for my company outr of nowhere.
As I was saying, not to digress any further, she sudenly asked me, without turning to look me in thge eye/s.
As we walked side-by-side, she said: "Desi, do you believe in glosts?"

I turned to look at her, but only her side -- flowing black smooth tresses over the shoulder over a completely white dress -- greeted me. She stared ahead... (my assumption she had a pair of brown or blue eyes).

I hesitated, then in a low voice replied: " I'm a writer, trained in journalism and so I deal mainly with things I can see. So I generally don't believe in ghosts ..."

I wanted to continue to explain myself -- that I also indulge in creative writing, making fiction as I have quite an imagination, thanks to listening to psychedelic bands like tghe Beatles singing songs like Strawberry Fields Forever and Hey Dude.

I turned sideways again -- "she" was no longer walking alongside with Desi. Sprawled on the wet grassland and twigs was a compeltely white dress.

~~~~~~~~~~~ This is a short Post for the many good spirited friends I acquired in my 1-1/2 years of blogo-sphering. I could nopt put "faces" to the many "names" I am familiar with. But I remember telling Helen -- Ipohlang whom I have not yet met -- that I caught up with some Seven to Nine bloggers in person, and mostly, their spirits surely match the "personae" I have formed about them in cyberspace.
~~~~~~~~~~~

NOW WHERE INTO THE WOODS AM I LEADING THIS FLOCK INTO?

Oh, the story above came from the richness of my God-gifted talent which I exploit -- sometimes for financial interest to keep the body in tact as we can't survive on sunshine, air and water and green leaves along, that's a fact.

I recall vaguely reading about our Prime Minister talking about Iblis, translated as Demons in the English press; at the same time Desi heard from the Organiser of the Ghouls, Spirits etc Exhbition which came under heavy criticism because one Minister and an MB deemed the show INapproipriate for a developed nation state that is Selangor.

"In three weeks time, I will prove you sceptics wrong by bringing back to life one of the Toyo-exhibits (now dead of course) and release it into the woods.

So I've marked my diary for an appointment with that Rendesvous with a Ghost in the woods in three weeks' time. Hey, Miss Sunthi -- she just whiffed past but I could detect her scent -- "PLease remind Desi, eh!"

PS: You didn't hear this tale from Desiderata20000


PPS @7.00pm:

Jest to irrify mGf mave sm, I prolong this post with somethin' I spied at an MSM contained within moNSTer, Cut&Paste before IT disAPpears into thin air.~~




PM warns of 'lies of the devil'
11 Aug 2006

KUANTAN: Go ahead and criticise but make sure you are sincere in wanting to improve the country.

That was the Prime Minister's message to all Malaysians. But those words would have had a special meaning to those who have attacked his sytle of governance and accused him of selling the country's interests.

Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said that he had little time for those who spread rumours and indulged in slander.

He had even less tolerance for the "devils" who whisper evil thoughts into the ears of the people.

"We just rolled out the Ninth Malaysia Plan but there are already those who claim that projects are reserved for certain people. These deceitful people also come out with all sorts of other lies.

They are like devils who want to disrupt our plans", he told a gathering of 1,000 civil servants at the Silver Jubilee Hall yesterday. Abdullah, who is on a working visit to Pahang, was met by several thousand people at the airport. They held up banners in support of him.



Over the past few months, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has attacked Abdullah, accusing him of reversing his policies and questioning his leadership of the Government.

In recent weeks, the former prime minister has increased the intensity of the attacks.

In his speech, Abdullah explained his style of governance.

"I am not the smartest ... there are others who are smarter but I am the Prime Minister and it is not wrong for me to take some time to listen to more views in order to get the best opinion," he said.

Taking an example from the Cabinet meeting yesterday, the Prime Minister said he gave all ministers the chance to air their views on each matter.

"Yesterday, I chaired the Cabinet meeting to discuss next year’s budget.

"Nowadays, our ministers talk a lot, not like before ... even Datuk Seri Najib (Razak) once told me that we never had this before.

"It used to be okay, okay, okay and a decision was made."

Abdullah advised civil servants to be positive in facing criticisms.

"We live in this world only once and therefore should do our best to do good," he said.

11 comments:

JOEPSC said...

Sometimes ghosts make better friends ;)

Have a good weekend my friend; remember, what will be will be (Doris Day).

Anonymous said...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens and brown paper packages tied up with strings ....

These are a few of my favorite things.

Remember how this famous song from the Sound of Music go?

mGf, it is not the grandiose things of life but the simple ones that charm us.

I beg to differ from joepsc tonight, what will be will be, but take time to enjoy the simple things in life....

I was reading this quote to Chris a while ago -

God gives you 86,400 seconds a day, have you used one to say "thank you"?

Chris immediately closed his eyes and say "Thank you, Jesus, for all the beautiful things in life. Amen."

Such are simple joy...


Yan

Fashionasia said...

Desi U tokking bout Khir Toyo izzit.
During schooldays i use to participate in quite a number of camps. Most times we are fine. But i did had an experience of some weird paranormal activities that had us sleepless...and it always happens in the woods.
Remember to say excusemua when u pee.

chong y l said...

joepsc: I understand what you mean.
Doris Day kiss'd desi goodnight for many years; I have decided to move on to Nicole... but an Urbanite beat me to IT:)~~Desi

chong y l said...

yan:

They don't mint such lines anymore...
Aned Desi has far to go before sighting 'ollywood!

The music nowadays -- better qualify with Most of -- are so without Soul.

Because of the visual medium (1% dressed dolls spouting woreds 99% I could nnot catch!), there is no "spirits" to the lyrics.
I think I can dio better -- but those spotting talents are not Helen-ic spoRst!

Yan, thou art from Marketing eh? How about becoming my Agent --- 00SE7EN?

chong y l said...

PS: Thank you before hand, and as usual, your cut is 30% CONmiss...:(

chong y l said...

fashionista:

You mentioned da nama, you want a suit, ISIT?
Got a check of 20million on standby?
Desi DISAVOWS any IR-responsibiolity of the said comment, but I don't want to press Delete key -- so How-sy, SOS!

Actually, it's Ghouls, Iblis dan Toyol. Don't leave home without IT -- the "L" I mean, rhymes with LOL!

chong y l said...

sweets:

:) se7en times and over.
Maybe tomollow I'll writHe somethin' for thee!:):):):):):)

Maverick SM said...

Sakit kepala lah, DEsi!!!!

No ghost business in blogworld. It's Ghostbuster week.

chong y l said...

mave sm: just realised it catchingup on The Star news -- IT's DOUBLE ghgost buster month!
No wonder even the PM called on Adam to help checkmate the Iblis! I pray he wins this one. For his and our sake(s?) as well.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Westinghouse industrial lighting circuit breakers Cool dining chairs No script online pharmacies Face lift indianapolis indiana Perfumes and body washes gmc envoy Amateur web cam de site Volvo 240 fuel injector cleaner Ringtone sounds Kitchen sink faucets Bladder infection and levaquin Ativan for seizure sauna steam Softball umpire shirts White kitchen curtains what are side effects of nexium http://www.body-paint-swimsuit.info Saunas en murcia Sites for incorporate Homemade blackberry jam