My Anthem

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sweetspirits

Ah, and Scammers.

Lately, many people, including the Prime Minister, have written about Spirits. The negative one like Demons and Devils have a word in Malay -- Iblis -- which was used by dear Pak Lah. I was proud he used that word because it was about time he spoke what was on his mind, after holding his tongue for so long -- former DPM described it as keeping "elegant silence"; Mr Opposition countered it was "inelegant". Many haeds spent volumes wondering a certain MSM journalist was spinning changing "elegant" to "eloquence" -- and many of these were the "same" mouthers/ defenders of "shoot that 'Gina' ...for good" remark by Ilmran...I believe too much politics in blogsworld recently has made many usually sane minds go bonkers...


Another friend shared with Desi about the problem of "spammers" in Blogging. All of us would face this "unwelcome" category of visitors at one time or another... usually they visit in "da Steal of the Nite"...(with apologies to Mave SM who keeps Desi in check from overkilling...).

I was once asked by another ER if I entertain Anonymous bloggers seriously; I told her NO.
Another ER asked me to the face when I replied to her query if I cared to visit a certain weblog, so to be consistent to my earlier answer, I said I don't take seriously to people blogging on serious issues behind Anonymity. I got an advice that I should read the contents, forget the face behind the writes.

Being an idealist, I would like to see or know the singer as well as listen to the song. Hence, beautiful songs of faith by beautiful Faith Hill. Inspirational songs by towering Johnny Cash. I'll stop belabouring this point. Actually I was reluctant to take on this topic, but it weighed on my mind. Just like certain blogsworld friends -- they are, like Willie Nelson sings, (You're) Always On My Mind.
I felt constrained in elaborating on my answers because I would then have to share "personal" experiences to anchor my stands/stances, which I am reluctant. After sitting on the egg for about a week or so, today I break my elegant silence. A FEW DAYS AFTER MY ESTEEMED PRIME MINISTER DID HIS -- See, the power of association?


Okay, the following is especially dedicated to Helen, inspired also by a Fashionista and a Libbie, whom I have not met but like I say, our personae coalesce -- doe they collide sometimes? -- much. I'm happy we connect, and I trust one day we will meet and become Reality friends, graduating fom cyber, Yes?

You would have noticed that in certain Posts at Desi's -- these are normally Posts discussing national issues, chiefly touching on politics, civil society, and occasionally, race and religion -- I disallowed Commenters without a pseudonym that links to a website/blog, that is, what I term "Anonymous" commenters. Pennames e.g. Anak Merdeka and Twisted Heelsand Sweetspirits are alright by Desi as they connect to blogsites with whom I can interact, and I am proud to say I read the "personlaity" behind these two names, for instance, pretty well. (Does the reverse hold,you ask them and get back to me, SEMUANYA OK?:)

So my reservations in engaging with Anon, maybe I'm paraphrasing RPK (who I hold in high esteem for writing without fear or favour) a bit here, so some thoughts coincide ~~
What are there son many Malaysians so full of opinions that they are so vocal about -- writing under various nicknames -- but dare not identify themselves? I have commenters coming writing under different nciks -- black panda, white panda, fierce panda etc, etc pandering to his ever-chaning fancies and inclinations -- are these people serious?

I have enough experience there are many "spammers" coming in to spoil for a fight! I had had first hand experience of Agitators and even a case of a now-famous Blogger who writes in under various nicks to amplify his "particular school" of thought. You want name/s? Buy me tehtarik at Haridas', or better still, send me an Email plus a check for r0million... Desi has become quite mercenary nowadays -- influenced by the politics of the day?
On balance, I find the conversationists who visit regularly are more than proud to identify themselves, and also stand proudly with their views, consistent and in tandem with their "character" that has formed in my mind. Yes, you are always on my mind, and I often ask my guardian angels to waxtch over my Blogsworld friends too.

To such sweetspirits is a poem I borrow from my Sifu, Max Ehrmann:

The Noise of the City

If the noise of the city offend you,
go ahead when you may, with the birds and
the wild, free life that troubles not;

The growing grain and the placid sky
have a kind of voice; and though you are
alone, the boundlessness of the universe
is with you.


Go afield and dream and forget:
and you will see that you are changed when
you return and the lights of the city
gleam in the twilight.


When Desiderata wrote about Demons, Ghouls & Iblis, Devils
last Friday, it was mainly a sigh of relief that finally our
Esteemed Prime Minister fell back to his 'spiritual" soul in him
to rebut the strongest challenge -- IMHO-lah -- that has been
levelled at him, for months. I salute his "enduring" spirit.
Many of my ER would deem that a weakness (I gather tis inference
from their blog writings or comments!), I call that a "redeeming" asset
of a national leader -- and that's why we are lucky to have him as PM for now.

There is such a thing as "hiting below the belt". Pak Lah the
Mr Nice Guy had had taken many Blows Below The Belt before he
resorted to the metaphor of Iblis and Adam to convey a
"subtle" message to fellow Malaysians I hope the "majority" of
the Rakyet received the message. Decoding is quite an interesting
past-time at Desi's Place. If you have doubt, email me,
accompanied by a check, NOT kangaroo please.

Meanwhile, have a nice Sunday ahead. If you can find Desi through
the Furong Maze, I'll but thee CON BF at the usual korner from 9.00AM
through 11.30AM; ask Anak Merdeka for directions.
If she claims Ignorance, Ignorance is Iblis.


On parting, a minor dedication to mGf in blogosphere~~


Remember me in thy prayers
Just as Desi would in his
That our spirits be calm and genteel
as we bid farewell to each tired day
That the breeze of nightfall blows
an Angelic wind
To calm jagged nerves
Restores some smoothness
on the furrowed brow

Beware that through all the
cacophony of manmade sounds
There sometimes lurks an Iblis
Selling a smile in disguise
Putting a few foul dollars in one's ready palm

But when one's bodily needs easily succumb
The priceless soul is slowly corroded
And during this Double Ghost Ghost season
There roam many hungry ghosts

Actually they are just
Devils in disguise
Could be a commoner
like you and me

Could also be a
VVIP.




May my and your guardian angels
combine forces
To watch over us because we deserve it
We are God-fearing creatures

Sweetspirits all.

Finally, the nigh-springtime winds carried these sweetnotes from Down Under to Seremban valley so thae Desi can have a GOoD APpetite for CON BF eight hours hence...Thanks to a sweetspirit.


Friday, August 11, 2006

EVERYTHING


Find me here
and speak to me


I want to feel you
I need to hear you
you are the light
that's leading me
to the place
where I find peace again

you are the strength
that keeps me walking
you are the hope
that keeps me trusting
you are the life
to my soul
you are my purpose
you're everything

and how can I
stand here with you
and not be moved by you
would you tell me
how could it be
any better than this yeah

you calm the storms
and you give me rest
you hold me in your hands
you won't let me fall
you still my heart
and you take my breath away
would you take me in
take me deeper now

and how can I
stand here with you
and not be moved by you
would you tell me
how could it be
any better than this

and how can I
stand here with you
and not be moved by you
would you tell me
how could it be
any better than this

cause you're all I want
you're all I need
you're everything
everything

you're all I want
you're all I need
you're everything
everything

you're all I want
you're all I need
you're everything
everything

you're all I want
you're all I need
you're everything
everything

and how can I
stand here with you
and not be moved by you
would you tell me
how could it be
any better than this

and how can I
stand here with you
and not be moved by you
would you tell me
how could it be
any better than this
would you tell me
how could it be
any better than this.

14 comments:

sweetspirits said...

What 2 say Thanks Desi n yes i hope we'll meet up oneday :)in thy real world.
Even if we don't we'll be friends until the end ,not matter what :)
and i couldn't ask for n e more.

Here's wishing you a wonderful day my friend tcz GB.

Arena Green said...

What makes one anon different from another anon is merely perception & differences of opinion.

But I'm not complaining that I'm an acceptable anon to you Desi. :-)

(eeekkk ... runs away b4 I'm kicked by Bruce legs ...) Hv a nice day, hehehe

Helen said...

**sneaks in** You are anon to me also what??!! *runs off to join anak merdeka..** lol

JOEPSC said...

We are as anonymous as the anon next door. Perhaps, the only difference is we have a link to lead you somewhere where you have to use your mind and eyes to decipher our kind. If you're lucky, you will be told of our gender, but it is still up to you to believe if we are hard, a bard, slender or tender.

The safest, Desi, is for you to invite to dinner by candlelight all those by whom you are mesmerised to want to know more, so that you can put all your suspicions and imaginations to a test and final rest ;)

dreameridiot said...

Hahaha... Thx for meeting up with nobody me... I was once anon now I am a-known. :)

TH said...

She came in da steal of the nite *winks*

chong y l said...

sweets:

The pleasure and privilege is mine, yes, always on my mind too.
GB to thee, and you know what? -- to another *GB activist Yan of nigh Catsville.

*These GB like to sing across the SE7EN Seas -- It's a Wonderful World, oh yeah:):)

chong y l said...

anak m:

I wanited for thy APpearance for CON BF yesterday -- don't be offended -- ANON does NOT refer to those with pennames like AM, Theels and Sweets because they link to named blogs to which I can DESIphere their personality. Yon can't hyde from Desi, his hide is thicker!

Now, go join Helen at that Korner for missbeehive-our!

chong y l said...

helen:

You are like Desi is some ways -- a cow'erd, always acting in concert with Mave or in consort with Anak M.

It's alright, but be carrefool, Y&A ones like Theels are keeping sentry (nigh Desi's) in Da Steal of Da Nite!:)

chong y l said...

josepsc:

as a fellow poet-asspirant, not xpyred nyet! -- I see my Sin-matey vely crearly, never miss'd any Q. Mind our Ps&Qs though.

We'll definetely meet One Day Soon...
Till then, send my best wishes to that bride in "G" awaiting US by the ridge...:)

chong y l said...

dreamer:

you remind me of Amazing Grace~~

"Once I was blind,
but bnow Eye-See..."

Always a pleasure bantering with blythe spirits such as Joe and thee, Ah, Sweets3!:):):)

chong y l said...

THeels:

winks2, hope these nopseybodies can't see US in da steal of the nightie...LOL, MoneyHoneyPennytrating helenic eyes all the way from Ipoh to Furong!:):(

chong y l said...

helen:

Just came back to add this PS: after a peek in broad daylight at eeeehPOHlang's latest post-ure~~ which ended with...a PS about a certain one anly fave poet...I am unashamedly presumptious to say~~

Methinks your Poetic independence dedication fever arrived some 10 days early, BUT it's the thoughts that count!

Mayhaps embellish IT with 49 lines of Verse and email me, HOLD-lah for Desi's Taste first! I am the ackkNOledged CONnoSeeAirSir here!

Countdown to August 24-31 -- 10, 9 ....

Helen said...

Embellish it with 49 lines of verses???

Ha, add chilli and Ajinomoto summore? No understand. :-P