My Anthem

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Elegant Silence Is Broken

Finally, I hear many of my ER sigh: It's about time.
Did I see some faces light up?
(Some Editors of MSM would write: Did I see some faces lighted up?)
But Desidearat wishes to remind that his Silence was long ago broken in low desibels. Just as those with eyes who do not see, many with ears do not hear. I heard on behalf of some ER so that I could pen some Acts for the Epic Play.

We are now at ACT 2: Scene 2
ACT 2: Scene 1

saw Dr Mahathir Mohamad being pepper-sprayed?
The Q mark is on the word 'pepper' -- some reported chemical, others said 'mace'; the Malaysian Chemistry Department is so efficient it's still waiting for the cleaning lady to bring in the samples.

I originally wanted to elaborate on my previous advocation that Pak Lah had already opened up his ammunition box and sprayed some venom into the atmosphere, but let me reproduce an ongoing item and hopefully my intelligent Readers will pick up the scent. There is a saying that (I wanted to use 'shoots' but hesitated, so to be safe) says: LET A CASE SPEAK FOR ITSELF.


From the go'd olde days of yore cometh a case of the present troubling times~~

The Star, page N14

Why I took RM100m loan

Lawyer: I was told I would be borrower only for three months


Plaintiffs
> RHB Capital Bhd
> RHB Securities Sdn Bhd
> RHB Equities Sdn Bhd

The Defendants
> RHB group founder Tan Sri Rashid Hussain
> RHB Capital and RHB Equities former directors
Chong Kin Leong and Seah Fook Chin
> RHB Securities former executive ditrector and RHB Equities
fomer director Tajul Ariffin Mohd Tahir
> RHB Equities former director Ong Tiang Lock
> Capital former legal adviser and fromer company
secretary Rosley Ahmad

The suit

> Plaintiffs claim that the application for margin financing
facilities by five borrowers to finance the purchase of
Omega Holdings Bhd shares and their approval by Rashid Hussain
in Nov 1997 were "irregular, improper and wrongful".
> The loan application forms were said to be undated and
did not have complete particulars required, save for the
applicants' names, IC numbers, birth dates, addresses and
signatures.
> Apart from the facilities being secured for the purchase
of wholly inadequate and highly volatile shares, there was
also no credit assessment done on the applicants to determine
their credit standing.

:
:
NB: Readers are advised to read the full press reports
for their own education ~~ Desi

I read my ER' minds: Blardy hell, Desi, what's the relevance of the saying/shot?

The answer is blowing somewhere in the forestry of words from the Mr Elegant Silence, explaining away his 30-year-old son-in-law Khairy Jamaluddin's investment in ECM-Libra, on loans amounting to about RM10million.
My EsteemedReaders, the context is to note the numbers involved, when compared with Olde times like Petronas' RM1.8billion bailout of someone's company; and a ministerial underling's 27-year-old being granted bank facilities amounting to RM1.2billion for a stockmarket spree...

mGf: If you're still in the blur, email Desi with a cheque for XXXmillion (NO kangaroo checks please!); I ain't no billionaire wannabe. RM20million suffices. RM2billion suffocates.

6 comments:

dreameridiot said...

Before I was blind, now I see... thx for the innuendos about the other things happening. 'See' you around :)

Helen said...

RM1, RM10...RM1 million...RM1 billion...

Why compare amount? Is a RM100 crook bigger crook than a RM1000 crook? The amount is irrelevant. It is the act. When we start accepting the lesser of the 2 evil as 'acceptable', we've already succumbed to evil.

JOEPSC said...

Whence comes the rumble
Lies one with smile, sincere and humble
With echoes breaking the silence
Reverberating to an air turbulence
Causing old monkeys seemingly up high trees
To tremble, tumble and fall free -
Hence exposing their mischief
Thence hopefully some nuggets to retrieve

chong y l said...

dreamerI:

The innuendoes? No, I didn't aadd any lacey, sexey ...
But poets like thee are always bless'd with vivid Imagine...
It's okay -- I l;ike the Beatles2!

Yesterday
Mave SM gave Desi a Hi!
Now U2, HI-er.
Looking forward to Helen for the Fly-er!:)

chong y l said...

helen:

On this brief, I'm on your side. Ethics and Corruption.
But when it's in the realworld of finance/corporate and politics (Often an embedded nexus!), another THREE zeroes can kill a bank!

One BIG borrower with RM2billion can bankrupt the bank while it can survice 1,000 customers (like housing borrowers) powing RM100,000 each, See?:)

Steal NO See, then Desi "sie" liau-liau!:(

chong y l said...

joepsc:

Thanks a lot (1,000 Genting shares?)
You, dreamer! and Desi will have to take more Hiatuses (in Haiti?) with Miss Poesy or Cik Puisi...