My Anthem

Friday, January 18, 2008

zorro showeth desi the way around the bend/ban:)

Desiderata has not reported a single word about the RCI hearing.
That is because since the Bersih Rally, I have told my ER I'm boycotting the 2 MSM -- The Star and NST -- except for occasional peeps into their online editions, but I still subscribe to The Sun which IMHO, does try very hard to deliver us the news without the establishment slant and embellishment, and I particularly wish to support the investigative reporting by Citizen Nades and his teAm...

I decided to follow mGf Bernard Khoo's example after reading his post that led off:


SITTING ON A PILE OF DURIANS?

Zorro breaks his promise about blogging on things positive this week....but national interest prompts this post:

Yes it is 3.53am 17 January but the only way to get Hantu off my back is to blog about the story he threw into my face. I told him I was not going to write about the RCI because I was not there. He shot back at me: "I was there".
:
:
:
For the rest of the report, please surf to zorro-zorro-unmasked.blogspot.com. CONfess hear: I am doing promo for zorro mainly with a peep at his pardner catZjones in mind; also a semi-atonement for not bringing the couple to SL (No, not Soi Lek agin!:( to taste Pu-erh tea, deferred till April/May, InsyaAllah or Godwilling whichever you prefer to use in thy prayer as Desi's Place has not engaged any Superintendent as Language Policing Officer. NYET!

Today I invested on a copy each of The Star and NST, hence lifting my guycott as I heard there was an interesting byte - No, it was TWO, one BIG and one small, and it's not ekor I am talking about, that's for Saturday and Sunday, and wedNURSEday's draw numbers have been out 48! -- in The People's Paper version which I could not find in The Sun and NST.

Page N10, top headline reads:

Lawyer: Duo
keen to assist
'But they will only talk to the commission'


Second lead headline follows:

Anwar volunteers to fill in gaps

Interlude:
While I go search the online version to Cut&Paste for you lazy-bummers/or kedekut readers (See I omitted the Esteemed!), can you make out a free subscription for Desi for the durians/duration of RCI hearing?

FRANKLY,
I don't know why I'm doing this, providing news updates formy ER gratis,
while the original three-man panel on the VK LINGAM video clip spent months to study the authenticity, paid for the time and efforts I presume, and they offered NOTHING, and I'm still pleasing my kedekut readers who don't evn ring up to say: Thank Q You!

But a promise is a promise, so I'll keep, like mGf zorro, my date wit' thee,
humour or rumour, it's offically recorded by The Star online 2 besides its print edition, how lucky can my KReaders get!

______________ C&P1 ____________________

Friday January 18, 2008


Duo keen to assist

KUALA LUMPUR: Two mysterious persons, codenamed X and Y, want to assist the inquiry with information on alleged corruption in the judiciary.

Their lawyer M. Puravalen, who is also acting for Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, told the Royal Commission the duo were, however, not prepared to give any statement to the Anti-Corruption Agency.

“They want to give their statements direct to the commission. They don’t trust the ACA,” said Puravalen.

The panel then suggested that Puravalen obtain the statements and present them to the commission today. Puravalen said he would have that organised overnight.

Outside the proceedings, Parti Keadilan Rakyat treasurer William Leong hinted that the witnesses were connected to an event which took place in 1999.

This event, he said, had been included in questions posed by Puravalen to former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad and Tourism Minister Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor, who both testified yesterday.

In his question to Tengku Adnan, Puravalen led the minister back to an event which allegedly took place in the minister’s house in 1999.

“There was a meeting in your house in Taman Duta here in 1999 with Tan Sri Vincent Tan and former assistant governor of Bank Negara Datuk Abdul Murad Khalid wherein Abdul Murad was asked to cooperate to produce evidence against Anwar.

“I am putting this in because the participation in the meeting led to corruption in the judiciary, fixing of cases and fixing of appointment of judges,” said Puravalen.

Tengku Adnan refuted that such a discussion had taken place.

The question posed to Dr Mahathir was about an alleged meeting he had with Abdul Murad at 10pm on one night in August 1999 at the Palace of the Golden Horses which led to another one with Tan, Tengku Adnan and lawyer Datuk V.K. Lingam.

Puravalen said that subsequently, a press conference was held in which Abdul Murad said he was the “secret banker” of Anwar.

DESI: I have highlighted the key players in this ongoing episode which speaks of many uneasy things and happenings -- past and present and future -- going on in NegaraKu.

I will juest pause and reserve my Comments to see how the hell is Haidar going to stop "willing witnesses" from coming forward to testify.

Haidar's blatant reluctance to entertain a key witness offered earlier by Wee Choo Keong's counsel to testify raises great ire and outrage in Desi (and my ER too,I'm sure, except they don't want to tesftify before Desi either in case I write it down word for word...)

________________________ C&P 2 _______________________

Friday January 18, 2008


Anwar volunteers to fill in gaps

KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has volunteered to testify on matters that former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad could not recall on or remember during his testimony yesterday.

M. Puravalen
, counsel for Anwar, told the Royal Commission: “He (Anwar) said the former prime minister might not be able to recall certain things in the Cabinet because of his age but he is younger and can be of some assistance.”

Puravalen also said that Anwar would like to testify before Wednesday as he would be going abroad. “He is leaving for Hong Kong on that day and would prefer to testify either tomorrow (today) or on Monday,” he said.

Commission chairman Tan Sri Haidar Mohd Noor replied that the commission would take note of the request and would make its decision today.

Former chief justice Tun Eusoff Chin, who is the 11th witness, is scheduled to take the witness stand at 10am today.

DESI: All the key players have been highlighted by Desi so that my KReaders aka lazy-bummers' job is made easier, but I know none would rush out to write that cheque for20million! Nah Mind, just this one line maketh up Desi's day out of Duta court:


M. Puravalen
, counsel for Anwar, told the Royal Commission: “He (Anwar) said the former prime minister might not be able to recall certain things in the Cabinet because of his age but he is younger and can be of some assistance.”


As for the restof comments, I reserve them until I feel the mood for it, okay!
I don't get paid for Blogging and I am not a servant of the court to act as Steno.

Jest an aside:
Will Wee Choo Keong have his MPship reinstated? -- revived WakilL Rakyat for Bukit Bintang! Rose Chan would be mighty pleased to be represented not by a doktor ayam but by a distant relative of NegaraKuKu composer if she had lived to share her tael. You forget easily don't you? asking who was that Kompo-sir?
Nah mind, most Malaysians have very short memories, including members of a certain cabinet.

NO! NO! NO! resounding refrain to Correct! Correct! Correct!

No comments: