My Anthem

Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm Telling You, Traffic Was Bumper2Bumper

Yesterday at Section 14, Petaling Jaya because a big welcome was prepared by the "awethorities" -- Okay, I assure you this will be the only DDC blown by Jalan Duta wind here today when Desi pledged there would be Da Desi Code-free writes on blessed Sundaes -- and I happened to bump into some interesting friends. SE7EN to be exact. I think we were all in Section 17 for an inspired "VK-tion" -- away from all the hustle-and-bustle of Seremban, and the madding crowd of wolfish Kuala Lumpur.

desiderata.english

"Sundae" thus spelt is not DDC as in olde England, many words ending in "y" did not sound rhythmic enough, so the Poets of those daes took some liberties (like Desi today) to add some Ooomph! to their prose to sound poetic. Like we add some ikan bilis dan sambal belacan to our Maggie Mee, don't you? If Maggie is not spelled this way, please indulge me for I have a sister named Margaret (I seldom call her by her Chinese nama because most times, the surrounding audience would just stop whatever they were doing and look at Me as if I was brought up in unciviised Jinjang when it was PeytnPlacesque Furong I claim as my holy abode - There was a Convent school, there is still St Paul's primary and scondary and two Methodically-Christian-linked schols -- Anglo-Chinese and Methodist High -- are, to my knowledge, still around. BTW, sister Maggie spends half-the-time in the kitchen, so you have an inkling where Desi's stomach and abdomen overflows come in trickles/came tsunami-magnitude from!

Now, Duta was much on my mind mainly because for the past week, I learnt some useful language use from Very Important/Impotent People, including a former PM, a former CJ, and several former "journalists". I classify myself as one of the last group. Now I pen on the PC screen mostly as a semi-employed or foolly unemployable Blogger (I believe a former Corporate Bigwig now a Bigger Tourism Minister would in his mind think a better description would be BlockheadWriter, but that's Desi's Thinking Aloud, allowed by Jeff Ooi though I did NOT bump into him yesterday, when all my troubles seemed so far away...

But I did BUMP into the following, who made It a G7 plus One meet at that Mamak Restron *sext to the Pos Opis (not DDC, just spely Indon style to irritate a non-VIP but often speaking like he is Mentor miniSTER:( *is also not DDC because it is a phenonomenon that crops up whenever one zorro is around this host (See, there is no 'R'!), and inevitably his pardner catZjones for short and sassy, comes into the picture, follow me?

Okay, the roll-call:

Seniors n the bench

YL Chong aka Desi as instigated organiser
Cheam TL as instigator
Bernard Khoo aka Zorro (catZjones hovering in the air)
Ancient Mariner aka Kept Eusoffe Ahmad
"V"ictorious Mariner aka Kept Abdul Karim aka Stu Russel
"V"'s second mate aka Mrs Stu Russel

Under-aged Attendees as Observers:
Ms Liew HM, Veronica
Master Imran Ahmad


Oops, I think the minuter (defined as someone who takes down
the minutes and counting the seconds each was allowed to speak...)
spelt Ancient Mariner's other name wrongly -- blardy hell, can be sued for negligence!-- Yusof, not Eusoffe! -- now duly correct! CORrect! CORRECTed!)

Since the rest were coming from various occuptaional hazardous backgrounds, the agenda was chiefly guided by the two mariners, so from henceforth, take the following report with two pinches of salt:):)

As I was saying at the opening -- in my self-assumed role as chairman/woman/person as I believe in democracy and gender equality in body, soul and spirit always hovering in the background on blessed Sundays -- sorry I seem to digress, but that's Blogger's privilege to abuse!:( -- there was bumper-to-bumper traffic wherever Desi arranged for his G7 Bloggers' Meets, and the other participants all complained, so the next round is to be arranged by zorro. He even promised to transport us to the Venue by his steeds!

The same thing -- bumper2bumper, I mean -- happened in Furong, where I have not altruistically promoted one Lingam's Curry House. Out-stationers have read so much of my praises that people all the way from Jalan Duta during lunch breaks would head for infamous Paul Street's famous Lingam CH for a "VK-tion" as the People's Paper would report it. BTW, I think now the Lingam's CH boss has quietly cut in a 30% discount for my bills. CH does not stand for the two letters in my surname, oh no! It's for Curry House, okay. I'm not able to afford the 20millon stake, but 30% keeps me energised to entertain thee wit' my writes. THAT apostrophe stands for 'h' which is allowed under Poetic Licence -- if you don't know what it means, please ask DSAI, or Sdr Din Merican who I must mention because he failed to make the quorum because of an "emergency"! (An ER episode, in deed! Saudara from PKR, you come wit' thy plastic and pay for the sext round of G7!)

I'm going to bore my Esteemed Readers wit' just one point I expertly pontificated at yesterday's august G7-plus or G8 or G9 gathering -- called as an Emergency Meeting, by a former EIC Cheam TL (he requested less promo, hence the TL which can translate as 'Too Long' as is wont of this boastful writer!) to discuss the do-or-die ***GE coming soon at the school nearest thee. (*** can be defined in two versions, GO read my earlier notification on the Meet, lazy-bummers!)

The thrust of the key point (did I hear one cheeky alert reader whisper from Ipoh: that's being redundant?) is as follows:

A few attendees' common Observation:

The Star and The NST in the past few days covering the Royal Commission of Inquiry (RCI) -- which must have made some scribes, including Desi a byte, suffer RSI!) -- have been going out of the way to highlight the former PM's and former CJ's memory lapses and negative answers.

e.g.

NO,...
NO,...
NO,...

on frontage Friday

and inside pages:

I can't remember,
I can't remember,
I can't remember...


'VK-tion'
on frontpage Saturday (yesterday).

amplified by a photograph showing Yusof Chin's (Oops,the Ancient Mariner corrected Desi: the spelling is different! -- so I re-write Eusoff's Chin's hand over VK's shoulders, contrasted with the judicial topdog's testimony that it was the other way round (you figure what this means, okay! In China, there is a saying which Malaysian Chinese also like to say in Kantonis, put into English the best I can: "Want to paint a person's portrait, don't have to paint out the intestines also!"

Desi's articulation:

All these demonstrations of boldness and bravery in reportage and commentary at The Star in the current RCI's coverage are not of the paper's editors' accord. It's a false springtime of press freedom. IMHO, it shows the 4th Floor boys from Putrajaya have directed them to go out to kill off an ageing politician who has been a constant "irritant" I am using a mild adjective like describing a mosquito's bite, so you may want to use words like Venom, Menace, or Moron, do I care? --around the four-year-old Prime Minister's bed to wake him up from his slumber. Oh boy, these bold&brash MSM did not pick up that photo showning our nation's CEO achieving what should make an entry into The Malaysia Book of Records -- CATCHING 40 WINKS WHILE POSING WITH A COTERIE OF INTERNATIONAL HEADS OF GOVERNMENT. I'm sure fellow Blogger Raja Petra Kamarudin (my apologies if Desi took liberty of reading thy mind, open host of malaysia-today.net!) would generously oblige with a free copy if these totally-blind-during-BERSIH-demo EIC and Editors were to make a request, but would they stick their brave necks out?:(

I kind of pity Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad -- for the record, I have written often I am no fan of this PM famed for his iron-fisted 22-year rule/misrule -- that finally he got a taste of the false medicine bandied about by the MSM print-wise. How the EICs -- many disciples of another VK - have written grovelling odes to Dr M's Initiatives and Renowned Projects that put Malaysia on the world map. This motley herd of mercenary scribes included a former GEIC whose name sounded Malay yet is reluctant to use his Chinoserie original, and now a worthy successor who writes such bold and brave words -- four years after the olde topdog had retired, and after two heart operations.

Don't follow me?


One recall: All the Opposition parties, Bloggers and NGO activists -- minus the Face of NS-lah -- had urged the Government to release the names of all the beneficiaries of the MITI's Approved Permits largesse for months, and the MSM GEICS remained dumb and maintained "elegant silence".

Then one day the PM decided, and directed MITI minister Rafidah Aziz to publish the list. And one soon-to-be-APpointed GEIC wrote a brave ON THE 'EAT column clamouring for immediate release of the AP recipients' list for the public good. I am just paraphrasing here -- he sounded as loud and free-thinking as myGOoDfriend hosting howsy.blogspot.com and maverickysm.blogspot.com.

TODAY the same media topdog is taking a bite of the Other ex-topdog.
What goes around comes around.
And will still come around, just remember. "Tien Yau Ngan!" as mGf at allofhelen.blogspot.com would translate into Kantonis!

Go read The Sunday Star's column today, from which I throw thee some morsels, lazy bummers all:

Titled The things that matter most

that starts with:

While many recent scandals, trials and demonstrations have made the headlines, it is the three main issues of inflation, crime and foreigners that affect ordinary voters the most.

DESI: The columnist goes on to recap several porblems besieging NegaraKu -- but these were the vey issues many socio-polical Bloggers were writing about TWO YEARS AGO but the MSM had mainly ignored.

Yes, it's again that defining moment when many Malaysians would say:

"BOLTING THE STABLE GATE AFTER THE HORSE HAS BOLTED!"

which drives home my point when narrating the AP episode.

So this Media TopDog will continue to grovel at the current Prime Minister's feet -- as he did as a senior Editor for the latter part of Dr Mahathir's 22-year tenure as CEO of Malaysia -- so we have a gallant effort of double-Datuk glorification which I was quite familiar when I once worked at a diplomatic mission and one Korea's media would always sing such eulogies ahead of time. This Editor even had once been a fan, and grovelled at te feet of temporarily off-the-pedestal "Rennaisance" leader -- se7en gueses, who is He?:):):):):):):) Right answerer gets free copy of Midnight Voices and ...

When PKR's de factor leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim (Desi did not use IF but "When" because I must state, for the record, I am a PKR-card=carrying member after supporting the party's cause for almost a decade... hence the optimism, another writer-poet's desiderata.trait.) becometh the next CEO of NegaraKu, just substutite DSAI for what the MSM keep selling as forever endearing "Pak Lah" in the following extract, and that would be the most best example of re-cyling one would get in Malaysia. Desi does not know whether to laugh or cry for my former Fourth Estate aboders.God help those still escounced uneasy in the estate. Perhaps move on to the 5th, Saudara Cheam TL, and "V". You have many privileges to abuse, like Digressing!:)

___________________ WCW's words, not YL Chong's ____________

Seemingly non-issues have created discontentment among some section of Malaysians and the result is that our leaders have to put out these fires, taking away their precious time, which should be devoted to more pressing concerns of the nation.

Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi is a good man. The Prime Minister deserves our support and even as he takes time to meet our expectations, we cannot deny that he has allowed greater democratic space, after 20 years of authoritative and uncompromising rule.

It is an experiment which has led to more debates and, in the process, more controversies, as a result of which some may erroneously perceive the leadership as being too accommodating while some, including politicians and bureaucrats, seem tempted to test, even challenge, the leadership. But they shouldn’t under-estimate the leadership.

___________________________________________________

PS by Desi:

Another Editor who is a good student of the GEIC who ovbviously knows Klang very well, could be GEIC-waiting-in-the-ewings, to one day become a worthy successor because he's also pretty heated on the Klang's beat, writing of State Assemblyman Zakaria Mad Deros' controversial issues, not problems! -- IT WAS ALL DUE TO THE MILLLION-DOLLAR MANSION'S BAD 'FENG SHUI'!
Not, it was never about one good man's greed. Oh no, Barisan Nasional's wakil(L) rakyat and all the MSM Grroup-Editor-in-Chiefs are all honourable men -- they all have a preix DATUK to their name, no?

Being Optimistic I Hope To Bump Into Ye at Lingam's later at 4.00pm, Desi will gift thee tehtari' or Pu-erh tea if you sing my praises longly (I believe under PL the adverb for long needs an "ly"!) ! It's a Sunday of nice going and kambing:)

CHOW!:):)

whihc means in Blogspeak
-- if you aren't yet a Blogger, please come on board! --

Seya

or

Come on, Let's Eat!

2 comments:

TH said...

I don't think I've heard before the phrase about painting the person's intestines too. Sounds scary. What does it mean actually?

chong y l said...

THeels:

Can thee be a 3-in-1 todae? Be Ms Patience, Virtuous and Obedient -- GO READ "One Reporter Digged and Digged...":):):)