My Anthem

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I join Helen at Da Marathon!

mGf Mr Coww is back for a good two weeks after doing some national service in the Republic down south, from where another counsellor just returned after her annual pilgrimage there on a busman's holiday.

And this mornin' mGf nigh Catsville sends me early spirited greAtings:

"During this Christmas season,

May you be blessed
With the spirit of the season, which is peace,
The gladness of the season, which is hope,
And the heart of the season, which is love.



Blessings, Yan"

Thanks, and I share her Greatings with Awe EsteemedRTeaders to Desi's Place too.



Almost a month earlier I had been inspired by Yan's sharing to pen something on writHing with one's soul. Human beings that we are, often we fall short of what we are cpabale of. "To err is human", yes, but often the greater crime is To err on the same offence again and again. It's to friends like Mr Coww and Yan that Desi seeks guidance to walk through Life's mists and cobble-stoned alleys that he may see the glimmer through the fog and not lose his way.

"2006 @ 5:39 pm

Hi yan mGf fished out of blogosphere:

I only know of spirited writes before I was educated by two soul-mates both in cyberspace and terrestrial; now I have an approximate idea what you mean.

I’m still getting there, in the steal of the night when I hear the stillness of the heartbeats, and one man’s less hurried ways about this material world.

I realise the soulfulness lies very much within the Self and not in the riches that self-centred Man craves and spends excessive energies chasing after.

I hope to meet some other soul-mates throug this short sojourn in earth, and if God allows it, maybe I'll proceed to count among the toes on top of my ten fingers. Among them hopefully is one soft smooth ladyfinger, and a constantly vigilant tiptoe onto Desi’s Place that I walk right. OK, mayhaps leftist sometimes."




THis WedNUREDay the sky is dark with ominous clouds but the rains hesitated, maybe because the elements know Desi has to go to the outdoors to refresh. We sometimes need to be at one with the elements to wash out the toxins and feel re-energised. So what if the rains cometh?

Just walkin' in the rain
Getting soaking wet
Knowing things have changed
By trying to forget...?


I just came from allofhelen.blogspot.com and she's into a Shaolin movie marathon. I told her I'm into the WWW.
Is Jane Mansfiled or Marilyn Monroe available at the saloon tonite?

And the www conjures for Desi the one and only John Wayne -- dead yet very much alive. Some legends never die -- they just linger on and one until the fans fade away like the credits at the end of the movie.

Remember North to Alaska, way up north so that I can meet with Sabrina and Theels. No gold nuggets never mind, just Witsgifter Chocs.

Or remember The Alamo, where outnumbered men defended their Fort to the last man standing. Do we see such heroism in modern movies nowadays? Oh, no...it's all blood and gore, and more gore -- insensisble gore. After some 50 stabbings into the innermost guts, the hero is still fighting like he's into the first of 12 rounds. Overkill in gimmickry, technology blind alley ... No, I prefer the good olde story line ... when Good triumphs over Evil, and Brave heart wins Gallant lady, of the day or night, itdoes not matter.


So I'm enamoured of High Noon. All for the live of a girl, a cowboy makes a stand to defend the town against the villain. And who else but Gary Cooper to walk out into the empty main street to face off with the one Other -- only of of the two would remain alive and standing a few minutes after the town clock tolls 12 times. For whom the bell tolls -- the Man and his belle? Of the Villain and his whiskies?


Sad movies
They always make me cry.

THat wil be for another session when winter sets in. Now it's still springtime in the Seremban Valley.
Christmas is callin'
We must try to be
Young and Gay.





Green Leaves of Summer

A time to be reapin',
a time to be sowin'.
The green leaves of summer
are callin' me home.

'Twas so good to be young then,
in a season of plenty,
When the catfish were jumpin'
as high as the sky.
A time just for plantin',
a time just for ploughin'.
A time to be courtin'
a girl of your own.
'Twas so good to be young then,
to be close to the earth,
And to stand by your wife
at the moment of birth.


A time to be reapin',
a time to be sowin'.
The green leaves of summer
are callin' me home.
'Twas so good to be young then,
with the sweet smell of apples,
And the owl in the pine tree
a -winkin' his eye.


A time just for plantin',
a time just for ploughin'.
A time just for livin',
a place for to die.
'Twas so good to be young then,
to be close to the earth,
Now the green leaves of summer
are callin' me home.


'Twas so good to be young then,
to be close to the earth,
Now the green leaves of summer
are callin' me home.

9 comments:

Helen said...

Early Christmas greetings from me. :-)

The moral of those yester-movies always centered around good triumphing over evil, honor and dignity. I watched those old movies with non-philosophical inclinations and just try to enjoy good old kungfu without silly slapstick comedy antics thrown in like kungfu movies nowadays. In other words, unadulterated kungfu action which is a rarity in kungfu movies today.

I remember watching these Shaw movies when I was a kid. Watching them again, I cannot rekindled the feeling I once felt because I no longer subscribe to the logic behind all the rebellion or revenge. lol

It just reminded me how childish these so-called Chinese beliefs and interpretation of honor are. (present tense.. many still hold on to these silliness and brandname it 'tradition'.)

chong y l said...

helen:

WE grew UP so we cannot today ENJOY the olde movies in the way we first did when we were young. Sorry to pull you back to reality -- but we are wiser in that we see te difference between Evil and Good and what makes senSE nowadays.

Now Go and Watch The Devil Wears Prada with Nik Aziz, you back row, he front row -- cannot same row even otherwise quarrel breaks out and instead of movie, people watch people! LOL!

Helen said...

Desi, who knows, nik might even invite me to his 'disco.' Heard those tracks they are playing is somewhere between 'our' time, so the nostalgic feel should be present.

Mr Desi should check out the place should you ever visit East Coast. But dun expect Ursula to dance in your midst. Macho men maybe. lol

Anonymous said...

yes christmas is the season to be jollyz

december is the best month!

walk in rain with nature..is good for the soul

chong y l said...

freelunch&SisdarHelen~~

thou art welcometojoin Desi and Helen
More than jest
Walkin' in the rain
WE have Nik to lead us
maybe with Jap band, Helen sony boy's fave
RAIN
Wooing us with
Da Baby Elephant Walk

Dat will be the die when
all hell broke loose
And Parliamen fell to the Citizens

V:4 Vendetta:)?
December is a month
that bringeth forth
Strange thoughts
& MIRACLES:)

Anonymous said...

Uncle Desi,

Have a good R&R during the upcoming holidays. There will be more bad news coming up from our caring government, just you wait and see. We need you to carry on fighting the good fight.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Desi,

For a change, probably, this Christmas you could read "A Christmas Carol", "Little Women",or "Oliver Twist"?

Quote someone's -

The March family in Louisa May Alcott's Little Women captured and lived out the message of Christmas giving, and in so doing,

"I think there were not in all the city four merrier people than the hungry little girls who gave away their breakfasts and contended themselves with bread and milk on Christmas morning."

Stretch out our empty hands to receive what He would graciously place in our hands - peace, hope, joy and love!

And give them away, and He will place more!

Blessings of Christmas to you, yours and all your esteemed readers!

Yan

chong y l said...

yan:


I read all three mentioned books in my "young&knotty" days. If I re-visit now, I may feel too "olde" then I might turn up playing the role of Scrooge instead!:):)
I also read "Little Men" -- should we both writHe the sequel, you the "Big Girls Now" and me "Big Boys Now" -- may get me that 20million!

Hey, thanks for GreAtings and Happy Thoughts/ Now you go do the Happy Feet!:)

chong y l said...

Bruddder Imran ~~ Now stop the rumouring-ring of negativity. It's Da Dime to Be Jolly ~~ I only wanna Tehtarik (authentic Ceylon Tea served by Miss Sri Lanker?)