My Anthem

Monday, November 20, 2006

Friend, Foe or .....

Fiend.


FRIENDS

mGf Helen the big-hearted Ipohlang -- "big" as compared with Desi's "small" hearts, as small as defned by one Datuk Zakaria Md Deros and the "s" in hearts has been explained earlier, so I won't bore you -- a few days past related a story which I just had to re-cycle:

"In the interest of this country's well-being, I seriously hope the rakyat of all races open their eyes and know who is friend and who is foe.

I remembered an old story

A bird was heading South when the air became too cold to bear. The little bird fell to the ground, frozen. Waiting for its inevitable end, a cow came and unknowingly shit on the bird. The warmth of the dung revived the bird. The bird woke up and happy to be alive, started chirping loudly. A cat heard its chirp and came to claw away the dung. Uncovered the bird and ate it for lunch.

See, people who shit on you may not be your foe and people who offer a hand may not be your friend.


By Helen, at 2:48 PM "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A friend of Malaysia just passed away.
Desi joins fellow Malaysians in expressing sadness, and sending "condolences" to the bereaved family of statesman TAN SRI MOHD KHIR JOHARI, 83. The nation's FIRST, and IMHO, FOREMOST EDucation Minister, said his final DOoDbye yesterday, aged 83.

Desi was lucky and privileged to have worked with a Group of which the late Tan Sri was a Company Director. God bless his soulf for the many witty and humourous insights he generously shared with colleagues and acquaintances, something I had only "heard about" from a distance in my schooldays.

Many Malaysians grew old, but never grew up.

Tan Sri Khir grew up as well as grew old but he bequeathed a legacy that Malaysians, young and old, must learn to cherish and emulate.

From theSun is a tribute -- with some extracts hear! -- that reflects Desi's thoughts well:

Khir -- a leader who shunned honours

* Khir, who was fond of saying "you
are where you are because of the peo=
ple who prayed for you", ...


** Khir stood out as a man who declined
titles and honours in line with his princi-
ple not to accept any titles while in pol-
itics, rejected offers of datukship before
accepting the "PNM award" from the
Yang di-Pertuan Agong in June 1986,
which carries the title "Tan Sri".


*** He also politely turned down an offer
for a title from the Brunei government
because the award carried a life pension.


DESI: Dear Pak Malaysian,
I still roariotously remember your putting-
on joke about Durex and the Muslim believer
who insisted on doing the "cutting" off first.


I hope you do not ROTFDWF because we don't want another
tsunami to hit Furong come Christmas Die.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An American President -- but I could not recall WHO<,can any ER help? --
was reported to have said, based on his life experience, that (my summary hear2!) one is "blessed" to be able to have enough friends to count on the fingers IN BOTH
HANDS before one's time is up, and leaves to meet the Maker!


Personally for Desi, I'm roughly counting near the "10" mark; hope to
proceed to count the TOES before I leave to meet yes, my fave number, those SE7EN fRiends in H'aven. But in case I don't make it there, these blardy 7 would have to dare visit at the Other place, NO?!


I know mGf nigh Catsville would be LOL on reading this because she was the one who related me the story from Above the Land Below the Wind, yet quoting from herGoodfriend atr an MSM much maligned by some Bloggers. It's not nice for me to name Nama becaue I may bump into these people when I reach my spiriteDestiNATION and they call me f iend? Hello, Helen, did you run away with the RusEian Toys(R)-Us?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many human beings in their lifetime would have made some enemies, unless they CONtend they are Saints. Or Mother Teresa. And what do you know?

From the Star frontpage:

Mother Teresa
award for Dr M


N14>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOES and F IENDS


Desi has had his share of nemesis. And what do you know?
Among them are species of those Preachers from the Pulpit
who spoil Desi's CON BF! But I assure Yan and Hlen jie-jie that I steal read the Bible on a needs basis. I seldom quote because I am know-authority. Or it's not my terortry. Or whatever. Using Raja Petra's vocab, I may land up talking Crap!
And frankly, most times/dimes, those talking Crap are more dangerous than those using that "F"***-word; the LOve MOtel is still on my mind, Dreamer-Eye2.

HINT: Read-lah Raja Petra's peAce dated
October 11, 2006 @malaysia-today.net~~


WHY I DON"T GO TO THE MOSQUE ANYMORE...

Raja Petra Kamarudin


Jest some quotable exerpts~~



"Awhile back, the imams of a few mosques in Selangor were sacked and replaced with government nominees. Amongst these were the Sungai Buloh mosque near my house, the Damansara Utama mosque (Masjid Mujahideen) where Ustaz Haji Abdul Hadi Awang had been lecturing for more than 20 years (and a mosque the government has been trying to ‘tame’ for that same length of time), the Subang Airport mosque, the Subang Jaya mosque (in front of Subang Parade), and a couple more. The official reason why these imams were sacked is because they refuse to include the Sultan’s name in the doa. (Now, they even mention the Sultan’s son’s name in the doa for safe measure).

I have no quarrel with the Sultan. After all, he is my second cousin. What riles me is the lie they told the Sultan. They presented the termination papers to the Sultan for him to sign and told the Sultan these imams are defiant and oppose the Sultan. That is why they refuse to mention the Sultan’s name in the doa. This is of course not true. I go to these mosques so I know.

Let me tell you here and now, I go to the Sungai Buloh, Subang Airport, Subang Jaya and Damansara Utama mosques to pray. These are my favourite mosques. I also go to the Bangsar mosque and sometimes the Kampong Baru and Jelatek mosques as well, all in Kuala Lumpur.

I personally know the Sungai Buloh imam. I also personally know the Damansara Utama imam, as well as the Bangsar and Subang Jaya imams, and they are all great chaps. The new imams give me an impression that they have chips on their shoulders, maybe because they have been handpicked by the government, so they are proud of that fact.

There are very few mosques left that I like to pray in.
Gone is my Sungai Buloh mosque. The Bangsar, Subang Jaya, Subang Airport, Damansara Utama mosques are all ‘gone’ as well. I cannot accept these new imams on the principle that they removed the old ones under false allegations that they are traitors to the Sultan of Selangor...."
:
:
:
Now you know what kind of scumbags and slime-balls run the religious department. They get rid of imams just because they are not politically aligned to the government. You must be Umno fiI do not know the situation in others states like Perak though I know as soon as Umno took over Terengganu in 2004 they purged that state of all PAS aligned imams. Maybe the famous and most vocal Perak Mufti who has now become almost a living legend can tell us. Is he only passing fatwahs or decrees while these same things are happening in his state as well? Have any ‘PAS’ imams been sacked and replaced by Umno imams in the State of Perak?

Soon after the new imam of the Sungai Buloh mosque was appointed, I went there for Friday prayers and was appalled when I heard his sermon. He said that we must not oppose the government. It is un-Islamic to oppose the government. Going against the government goes against Islamic teachings.

What crap! (That’s the only four-letter word I am going to use today, but push me and I will use the ‘F’ word). Is not Moses a Prophet of the Muslims? And did not Moses go against the government? Is not Jesus also a Prophet of the Muslims? And did not Jesus go against the government. Is not Muhammad the most important Prophet of the Muslims? And did not Muhammad go against the government? There are 25 Prophets mentioned in the Quran and most went against the government? What crap!rst and Muslim second. You must be ball-carrier first and imam second. You must be true Umno and not true Islam. Then you get appointed as an imam of a mosque. If not then you get sacked.
"
:
:
:

DESI:

Desi is CONtemplating writHing on
WHY I SHUN SOME CHURCH LEADERS NO MORE ...

In gist, they don't exist anymore.

So Helen, can I listen to another badside story?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMHO, some of the story are illogical. As we should learn that creation from mother are smarter than human. Bird migrates before cold weather. A cow dung that large enough to warm the bird will suffocate it. And come to the best part : Is the cat so stupid to consume something that will give it a stomach ache.

OTH.
If not because it is bad to turn down the Agung offer, I don't think Khir Johari is going to accept a title that serve little purpose. A title will not convert a criminals to a wise man. Just imagine a journalist yell "Tan Sri" in a conference, guess what will happens. ;)

While for the religious departments, I never fond for one of those to monopolise the rights to interpret the teaching. Both Taoism and Buddism has notice the problem of "literature blindness". The first sentence of Tao script has say that, "Tao is indescribable. If you can describe Tao, it is not the real Tao.". While Zen teaching in buddism are learn enlightenment from experience than interpret the word from the book. Thus, the religious guru should take the roles as guidance, not the roles of a leader.

chong y l said...

moo_t:

Thanks for some "wise" obsevations of the titled and their prefixes. They need them because they have very large heads, but little matter within. Lots of gas maybe -- wrong guesses!__CO2?