My Anthem

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Tyranny, Nanny and Irony

This morn I woke feelin fine
There's some hi-fi leftover floating in my mind
Last nite I met with twoGals&twoBoys
I played Horst at a Cable Car Restron
But I saw no car, nor any cable
So instead I asked for Nanny aka Frannie
They said This Restron serves only chicks
lambs, beef aka lembu on hot plate
But Nanny? Fanny? That's Funny
I realised I rendeswooed at the wlong place!

PS: A thousand thanks (:)10 to the power of 2!)to:
sab of http://sabrinawstan.blogsome.com
imran of http://time2rise.blogsome.com
*one johnleemk, who says he's 15-year-old
(just like one FuRong guy who says he's 21-year-young)
kyels of kyels.com

PPS: Also SH and more-than-significant other half, Sharon
Thanks a Million for the wits-taker chocs
When Desi, like Oliver, asked for more, these non-conformist
Penangites take the poet-expirant a mite too seriously.
Hey, jest remember, those who are Good with Words
Sumtimes come on an empty stomach and an emptier vessel
Go home filled with a foolish thot that Sab puts into his mine:
Many Happy Returns.


Tyranny: what's this about?
Irony: what's that about2?

Treat this as BF Specials Challengia, and I'd update at 6.00pm with Answrs:

*1. Former PM Dr Mahathir Mohamad as Horst had a VVIP guest(?)
at the ongoing
PERDANA GLOBAL PEACE FORUM 2005 15-17 December
Desi would feel comforatble sitting next to him
if he changed his name to Roberta ...
Who's the gues' who came for the opening,
but did not show up for dinner (LUNCH...oops, a 'mistake' I COREECTED at 6.00pm)?


*2. A Letter-to-the-Editor I spotted in one newspaper,
Fool of Irony.
Hint: also related to the personality mentioned in *1.
Track that down
AND I'd DHL to you a containerLEAD of tehtarik "evaporated", maiden
harvest, by the inspiration of mGf HOWSY,
SeConded by a JP from Sin-land,
by the deft hand of tyrannical Horst of Desis Place.
Chow! till 6.00pm rite!
I'm adjoining for my 1/2-CON BF
Cos I have a special appetite after
Lastnite's Outing
ManyhAPpyReturns.


Answers to ChallengiA at 6.00pm as promised:

*1. First I apologised for making an initial 'mistake', now corrected, LUNCH, not 'dinner'.
Compounding the Challengia, my throw was based on The Star report Dec 17, 2005, page 4, under Briefly column:

Mugabe fails to show up

KUALA LUMPUR: President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe was scheduled to give a luncheon address but did not ashow up.
Mugabe, 81, was said tobe still in his hotel when lunchtime came, and his session has been "cancelled indefinitely".
It was later learnt that his participation at the forum was a last-minute decision.

During my own Luncheon Interlude, I invested on another newspaper THE NST, which surprised with a fantastic case of "journalism" in displaying the truth of "A picture is worth a thousand words"! Desi shouts "KUDOS!" to the pixman.:)
Page 10 showed a properly attired Mugabe looking at no one in particular (into space?) all alone and forlon in a row of pink coloured sofa seats, hands clasped in anticipation of yet to appear audience maybe?

Butt the NST spoiled it all by running a report doing PR work -- you may not agree -- in Desiderata's opinion, on several parties' behalf, and in the process, shot itself in the foot with contradiction after contradiction after contradiction after ... you got the drift/draft?
For those still curious, read in full/fool the following, with the key words about CONtradictions highlighted/bolded by Desi, not the newspaper-style, right.

*PERDANA GLOBAL PEACE FORUM
Mugabe luncheon address cancelled



KUALA LUMPUR, Fri. -- The much-anticipated speech by Zimbabwe's President Rober Mugabe at a peace forum here did not take place today.
The reason: a sparse crowd at the luncheon.
"The organisers regret that the session for Mugabe had to be cancelled due to an oversight. The atmosphere at lunch would not have been suitable for a head of state," said a spokesman for the Perdana Leadership Foundation, the organiser for the Globval Peace Forum.
Mugabe was scheduled to give a 30-minute speech at 1pm to the 2,000-odd participants but his slot was taken over by Dr Chin Kung, the honorary professor of Australia's Griffith University.
Sources said Mugabe requested to speak at the forum at the last-minute and the only opening available was today's lunch.
However, the organisers were apprehensive that Mugabe might not obtain the right crowd as many participants were off for Friday prayers.
"It was a difficult decisionbut rather than have no one in the hall, the organisers decided to cancle it," said the sources.
Everyone was looking forward to his speech, considering his human rights track record in his country where he has been accused of crimes against humanity.
Mugabe was present at yesterday's forum.
At his Press conference yesterday, former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamed was questioned on the relevance of Mugabe's presence at the peace forum.
He replied that the forum made no distinction among its speakers. "Everybody can attend.
"If he (Mugabe) wants to say how good it is to be a dictator, he can. But I don not know what he is going to say. I don't expect him to speak about peace alone," Dr Mahathir added.

DESIDERATA: I won't say anything except the evidence is there for all to see -- or you can't understand simple English?
I just add two English sayings come to mind:
(1) "Silence is golden" -- at the right forum
(2) "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" -- interpret it positively, so one can still hold one's head up at the departure lounge.
The "one" lastly bolded is another Challengia for another day ...cos so many highlights in one challengia is too complex for bbot the Horst and Guests/Guess's.

*@. Because there have ben no responses from my ER, Desi feels there is no point giving any answer to the second Challengia. Over-indulgence spoils the kids, they say.
Who's "they" referrred to precedently, hey, that's for Tomorrow, desiderata.english,
if the host steals has got horse-power after missing the luncheon talk. Butt, I pity Dr Chin Kung-lah, if no one would attend Mugabe's :much-anticipated" speech, how could a non-VIP like an honorary professor get an audience.
Can any reporter in attendance tell desi was there anyone at Dr Chin's talk?
I'd but thee a CON BF plus luncheon plus dinner on Sundae!:)

It's now 7.30pm -- WoW, I miss'd my dinner scheduled at 6.30pm, it's OK, mGf Mr Coww is paying!
There's a saying: There is no such thing as a free lunch.
Butt they forgot to invite Desi and fRiends for 'that luncheon'...

4 comments:

imran said...

Last Nite I came home
With a feeling of emptiness
After meeting such pleasant people
It made me realize I'm a peasant

To prolong the pleasure
I stayed up the whole nite
Praying with all my might
And thanking the Great
For such wonderful mates!

Now that I have commented here
Please do so at my place
Dont be a tortoise, but be a hare!

chong y l said...

Bro Imran:
I'm glad you were right on time
Behaved like Queen Arthress and Square Table night2
For that I thanked q from the bottom of my heart
If there's a bottom
Rest assured when you invite me for any luncheon
Rain, shine or thunderstorm
I'd run there like a hare
Still Desi's often beAt by some tortoises
Cos my type of hair travle by Kereta Lembu
Semi value road, semi-value ttravel
Just, not fair.
I'd take a rain cheque to thy clallenge to visit
It's time2go for my belated dinner.
It's 7.40pm. late now by 1hr 10mins,and A Mr Coww is waiting angrily (hungry man remember?)
and it's another 30mins by kereta L....:(

Anonymous said...

Hey Desi,

It was awesome last night. Thanks for the dinner and I enjoyed it a lot. It has been such a long time since I last had intellectual conversations like last night...

Thank you for everything. And most of all, thanks for taking away the emptiness in my heart... An emptiness that has been residing in my heart for quite some time.

It was great. Just great. I hope to meet you once more my dear Mentor.

*hugs*

chong y l said...

to all mGf:
esp kyels, sab, imran, leemk
In absentia: all the rest of conversationists at Desi's,


An adapted pome:

Jest Friends

A generous spread on Queen Arthress table
Juicy chic', roast to a golden sheen
Chilli-sauced lamb, teased with shandy-wine?
Pardon me, sizzlin' lembu:)
I'm truly sorry, I'm really into you:(
Healthily washed down with vintage
eu de cologne sparkling H20

But what's all these food and drinks worth?
If not for the boisterous crowd
Of back-slapping mates not of a decade
jest sum moons and a few days
Growing richer and wiser with Xchanging 'ears
and h(r)umouring

So cheers to hearty and sincere company
The meal might just as well be mere entree
Or one main course
Or jEst desserts

It matters not really the dish
What's really cooking, whetting
Is your presence, 'old' chap,
young matey
Camaderie
Among just
Friends

Chong Yen Long(c)
PS: I remember Yan did send her 'regrets';
'No Worries', kyels and sab say:
there will be "Many Happy Returns":):)
from the Hors(t)es' mouths...