My Anthem

Thursday, December 29, 2005

I am a wanderer like you!

Last night, i was kept awake by previous day's "concerns" ...and at such moments, the mind wanders.
Always, Max Ehrmann's poem WANDERERS comes to mind.

A clear, cool night. I have been reading,
but the thoughts of man do not solace me.
I raised the curtain and looked at the moon,
clear and silvery; and I brushed
some of the unrest out of my mind.
I know all the theories of the moon.
There have been times when the symbols
of science have robbed me of some of its
mysteryu and charm.
But no one can explain the moon any
more than a grasshopper can explain me.
In youth, the moon promised too much.
But now I undersatnd better; that was not
the moon's fault.
Also the moon and I have this in common:
we both are wanderers across the night.



Wandering is an enjoyable escapade that one can afford, best done in the steal of the night! because you don't have to "disturb" another "human being". Tt's about the only adventure a "muddled"/ "muddied" mind can embark on anytime to clear the mind. You wander back to childhood, that maiden kiss, wedded bliss, adult sorrows, life's myriad lessons, and
still
one wonders
what's this life all about?



At year's end, I have only one Prayer to my Maker for 2006:

"Give me and all my dear friends time to continue to
wander the lanscape of the earth, moon and the stars.
More importantly give us time
To wander among the alleyways of the lost
the busy streets of passersby
and the highways of business people
to be able to find a few more
fRiends
among
fellow travellers,
fallin in love
mayhaps
with some wayward
wondering
souls?"



So to the luvly people who crossed my path over at Blogsworld,
I express this hope: We'll try to wander about, meet up sometimes, like long lost friends.

To mGf Young&Articulate, I end with a light hearted pulling of
one Y&A's leg a second time - for having gone MIA
for a fool one week!

"*A UNC student was infatuated with a freshman, but was
so timid he never had the courage to speak to her. In fact,
he even told his therapist that every time he got near her
he felt like he was unimportant. He said that he felt as
insignificant as a tiny pebble.

"Well," his therapist responded, "If you want to get the girl
you'll just have to be a little
boulder!"******"

On one such wandering, I saw two of my blogger friends expressing the inclination towards James Blunt's You're Beautiful and I thought, Fools Seldom Defer!


Yes, Human beings are so alike
We seek happiness
We long for Beauty among Friends
Perhaps SomeOne Special
In the form of another Being
The Male for a Female
and Vice Versa

May you find that SomeOne Special
If not in 2006, then the following year
Maybe even still questing
forever and a day
The important thing is mGf: You try
and not give up and sigh
Wondering why.

You can only wander into
the depths of the night
But never hold back on the promise
Of finding that common beating
of life's symphony
in another human heart

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

Anonymous said...

Wanderers by Max Ehrmann.. It's a brilliant piece I must say.

And I love your 2006 prayer too Mentor. :)

You're Beautiful is a very nice song. I cannot stop listening to it since the very first day I stumbled upon it. Well, I guess it reminds me of something.. Ahhh.. Reflections of the past.. My mind wandering for all I care - though not all the time.

It's good to wander off sometimes but we cannot do it frequently especially when one is wandering around their thoughts.

Cheers!

imran said...

Desi,


I long for a Beauty
Perhaps SomeOne Special
In the form of another Being
The Female

That's my prayer for 2006. Muahaha.

Anonymous said...

We are wandering souls on this earth; we wonder and we ponder over the countless happenings around us. Of course, it would be nice to uncover new friendly souls in our wandering, including all the friendly souls visiting your place here.

I'm trying not to be overly concerned about the daily events taking place, so as not to add on to the agonising stress. Perhaps, it is best to place ourselves in the hands of Providence.

A new year resolution ?

chong y l said...

kyels:

we wander through song and verse
we find new friends and perhaps our Muse
Yes, Perhaps, Love too.

Wishing Thee a
Happy and Progressive New Year ahead

chong y l said...

bro Imran:

I think your new nick is Modesty
Don't need too much effort
To land a MISSy!
Just sing word-perfect Bluntly? "You're Beautifool"...:)
No sweat
I'll pay for the 1+1 coffee!
and free flowing tehtarik!

I can even oblige with
Beautiful Dreamer;)

chong y l said...

JPsc:

carrying on some unfinis discussion on stocks, have a look-see at rick j's above.

On the local front, educate yourself by visiting klsetracker.com
should you want to avoid being P'otong!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Desi.

And I wish you A Happy and Progressive New Year ahead too. Plus, may all your wishes and dreams be fulfilled. :)

Cheers!

sweetspirits said...

Ditto Desi :)

chong y l said...

to sweets & kyels:
tiptoe, ditto
to taiping & Down Under
and back
Problemo my Furong lembu
cannot swim
Sweets -- does your tip-toe have wings?

sweetspirits said...

tiptoe Desi huh?
You cannot swim ?
Do i have wings !
Oh yeah im an angel tee hee
Well im a spirit so i can travel
n e where ,,, in my dreams that is ;)
cheerz i'll be back midnight my time tomorrow night ;)

chong y l said...

sweets:


angel on my shoulder
arch angel over my head
desi's in constant comfort
in the knowledge
i'll always
have the embrace of
sweet
spirits
Days
Nights

Need no waters to swim
No wings to fly
As long as I have thy spirit
With your
forever
S-:)mile