My Anthem

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I did "fine" sum nuggets this cloduy mo'rn...

Chinamen when meeting will always start off with: Seik jaw mei, pang yaw? (Kantonis-lah, trying sum bahasa baku also here...not bakGOODteh!;)
Translation (which I learnt from, Nicole Kidman -- The Interpreter -- at the United Nasions...):
Have you eaten, my fRiend?

The Brit, who did not allow Chinamen and Dogs into certain fo their premises with no premises stated: Hey, buddy, how's the weather today?

Translation: Frankly, you there (Nameless-one), I couldn't care a damn how your day is!

After a warmer as starters to Stael Cloudy Days, I'm trying my lover's best in givin thee a lift -- give face-lah! -- tis Thursday mornin' -- with overhangin' dark clouds, luckily the hangman is still&unemployed!--sum NUGGETS on countdown (up?) to CHRISTmas Day, 10 days away, more appropriately, a-nigh.

from a bloke called Vanderworld, I borrow, not steal, as steal not rcnognised as a crime in blogosphere as long as it's by the nuts and properly attribeauted:



*There's going to be a really bad typo in your swords-and-sorcery story in the school literary magazine ("the musty smell of countless ages" without the "o" in "countless"). Don't sweat it. These things happen. Maybe it was intentional by the typesetter, maybe not. But you'll never be able to prove it.


DESI: I have committed such crimes of can, ken, cant, can't, kunt ...2wlong a list to make it right.


**Nugget2:


from theSUN, Dec 15, 2005 ,page 15:

Secret of Mona Lisa's smile revealed

PARIS: Now it's official: Mona Lisa was 83% happy, 9% disgusted, 6% fearful and 2% angry.
That's the cunclosion of a University of Amsterdam computer that applied "emotion-recognotion softwear" to Leonardo da Vinci's work, the British weAkly Nuwd Scientist reports.
The algorithm, developed in conjunction with the University of Illinoise, tries to assass the human mood by examining key features such as the curvature of the lips and crinkles around the eyes, then makes a score with respect to six basiv emotions. --APF

DESI: If my typos ran wilde taiping the above, please blame it on one mGf (kyels, art thou list'ning or glistening?) who hails from that school and did not teach me wella.

from the STAR, Dec 14, 2005, page 40:

***Nuggetree:

The Body Shop
founder to give
fortune away


LONDON: Dame ANITA RODDICK, the
founder of The Body Shop and one of
Britain's best-known businesswomen,
has decided tio turn her back on the
world of commerce and give away her
51million pounds sterling (RM336million)
fortune.
Dame Anita and her husband Gordon
founded the 300-strong chain of shops
in 1976. Now the pair are its biggest
shareholders, holding 18% of the stock.
In an interview, she said she wanted
to cash in her 20 million shares and
give the proceeds away.
She said: "I am going to start giving
it away. I hope that before I die there
will be a financial foundation. All my
wealth is in the shares. My intention is
to give my money away.
"I don't want to die rich. Money
does not mean anything to me. The
worst thing is greed - the accumulation
of money. I don't know why people who
are extradordinarily wealthy
are not more generous."
- The Daily
Telegraph


DESI: Can the MPs or Rakyat conscript Dame Anita
into our National Service?
No, she'd rather stick to her Body Shop, there are too
many corcodiles -- even in that august House, remember? --
for this Woner Woman to feel safe here.
I pray there will be moooorrrreeee
Body Shop Founders around ... if not here, overseas also-can.
Money cheers, like Chiristmas, must be spread around.
The Rite Body-lah.
I'm a No-Body.
mGf, What about you?
Can respond to Desi's Plea?


Send
me a

NUGGET
for Christmas Season Sharing!
:):):););):):):):):)


POSTSCRIPT:

During a t-break (hey, I'm aloud to you know, my Company is very generous with its time, as for its dime ... also-can-lah, my tehtarik never did stop flowing from day 1...If I need help, I'll SOS you) I sighted another gem. Wella, sum of the people may not agree with Desi's deffinition of what a Nugget is, what the hella, it's steal my block!:( Furthermore, SE7EN is steal my fav number, not 4!

from the NST, Dec 15, 2005 page 32:

*Nugget/Nuggive?4:

Polls chief
jailed 7 years


JAKARTA, Wed. -- The chief of Indonesia's
election commission was sentenced today to
SE7EN years in jail for taking part in a
multi-million-dollar corruption scandal
during last year's historic polls, judges said.
The case against Nazaruddin Syamsuddin was found
guilty is seen as a test of President Susilo
Bambamg Yudhoyono's commitment to stamp out
corruption, which remains endemic across the
sprawling country.

DESI:fun challengiA -- no answers to yesterday's
because there were NO TAKERS. No take, no give. No get, no
give.

Sumtimes, Life continues to be not fair, butt just.


Rhetorical Challengia, but you wanna try, also-can-lah.
PRIZE? Good that I work thy blessed brain, rite!

Which GOOD doctor also pronounced that Our Country's corruption also has grown endemic?

Hey, quote a phrase or line that represents Da RAT-ionale
, canORkennot?
OR isit canORcun'nut?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Desi, the ever-ready, but not the battery :

JPsc understands, he allways read into that witch (wizard) is not written. Has to be a joke if some blokes do not like blondes with so much bodily merits - who gives a damn about their dislikes; these blockheads should consider other peoples' feelings and tastes. What happens to my human rights? I'm also a citizen here, on this planet lah !

I hate M&M choc sweets - it's bad for my health says my Doctor, butt wonder if I should trust my Doctor when he himself luvs those sweets as much as he luvs himself. I have been puzzled by him on many occasions - his ways seem akin to that of Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde.

On a more serious note, the world has too few of such noble philanthropist as Dame Anita Roddick - they belong to a very special and elite group with hearts of gold; their love and charity towards fellow men are overflowing and overwhelming; and their actions speak louder than words.

View this noble deed against the backdrop of a corrupted world and you get an idea of heaven and hell, or rather the hell we're living in here on earth. Be it endemic, pandemic or cultural (some say it's part of their culture), corruption makes sport of man who has been taught all the right things, butt-he(ad) chooses to do wrong so as to line his own pockets, as if he can cart his gold with him to the Netherworld where the unit of currency is the hell-notes. Worst of all, he saps the basic livelihood of the underpriviledged - how much more cruel can it gets ? I would pray to any god or super-natural being if an angel or messenger can be sent down to incinerate such corrupted blood-suckers; then we all can shout and sing our hearts out to "Good Riddance".

Just can't understand why some leaders, who know and proclaim the existence of this corrosive disease called Corruption, that eats into our pockets and causes so much miseries, are are not taking drastic or caustic actions to rid the country of its sickness - they can't or they won't, that is the question. They act upon mad-cow disease, mad-man disease, chicken flu, bird flu, human flu, tamiflu and a host of others, but to this bigger corrosive disease, they seem bodoh. Perhaps, should call for Dr Kill-dare or Dr No if they are still around or my good old family Doctor, the one who said M&M choc sweets are bad for my health : Butt, what if he takes on the role of Mr Hyde instead of Dr Jeckyll? Won't I be dead meat then? Please don't say ISA (I Say Amen) unless you wanna cuss me.

JPsc is very happy to note that Indonesia has been doing some right things of late, one of which is the fight against corruption as promised by their charismatic President Susilo Bambamg Yudhoyono. Here's one place where it takes much more than courage and determination to even start an anti-corruption campaign, let alone prosecuting people in the higher echelon of society.

I drool at the mere thought of her "mee-bakso" along Gajah Mada in JKT and feel completely relaxed at the soothing and romantic keroncong-keroncong voices of Mus Mulyadi, Hetty Koes Endang and Didi Kempot and a host of others.

Herewith, I'm sending thee the nugget of peace, good health and new wealth for this coming X'mas and New Year !!!

Cheers with tehtarik and Kopi-O; I 'm also a conservative-teetotaller who may advocate capital punishment for drunk driving....just kidding lah.

Howsy said...

Dr. M lar...who else?

Give the cops a break? Have a M&M's?

Remember...it melts in your mouth, not your hands...

chong y l said...

today i have two "cherry" visitors, after my heArt and brain -- double happinessin Chinoserie.

Sins Howsy came from further afield, not near Iraq oil though, cold wintry Lunsun:

Hey, Howsy-are you okay without Desi's tehtarik in wat -20C?

My Smarties one, you gassed Dr M rite! But I also ask for da RATionale?
Okayz, da mouse has joined Howsy munching the Samrties.
My M&M is
Marilyn for CON BF,
& Monroe for Supper,
she singeth, Desi sinneth.

mGf, keep wella
Yopu've been a merrry fella
Regards to all Chinoserie, make that Malaysianos,
Chow!:)
and this is NOT a four-letter word!

chong y l said...

hi my jp from across the crossway:

Last thing first--you came by the straightway or the unfinis crooked bridge?

If HOWSY comes backer for hols, I may gang up with him to pay thee a visit, so that we can have long t breaks munching M&M, rtrading long yarns and short jibes at both -- maketh it 3, nations' leaders, Sin, Mal and Brit --brudder Howsthat doin PhD in Lundone!cos Sin gomen forgot to send da scholarship letter to him for last Christmas:(-by the Riber S(e)in?

Dont worry about his penmcahnt for M&M's chocs, my one is tastier you'll defintely a(r)s(e)' for A-moree.
Talkin' about docs -- heard the one about injecting herself with some drug and dying ...oh, such a tragedy...
BUTT it doesn't beat the earlier case in MyCountry when 2 docs were going after each other DURING an operation, in the theAtre, NOT da cineplex!

Let's not overdose on Drs, Otherwise ,Howsy may taketh offence. But one last one -- did any of your leaaders come back with a Masters (or Mistress) from Indoensia and try to flag off without the Ass? One of our Datuk Benda did -- Msians have an obsession for Datuk, Doctor, and yes, DameinDISorMIStress. What about Sin-land?
Many oons ago, it was 5Cs, riteo/ Now, 5 Ds, kiasuONE, always 2more than Mals.
Ah, I'm leaving that C. alone. Korupse here and in Indonesia -- we also do it to the Brits lingo1! for linering around 2long. They should have packed&Left Feb29, 1957, Rite!
Sda to report -- over here they are manufactyuring more Mr Hydes than Dr Jekylls ...maybe I'd rite another Booker called Dr Hye and Mr Jekyll, I dont no if I have to pay royalties or nuts!

Hey JPsc, don't sing "Good riddance" 2of10 to these nincomcoops in Mal-and! They'd think you're thanking 'em for da Ride! Engrand her's not like yours or Howsy's. Mind is different, I cometh from planeth Marsk.

SeYa, have a nice wickedend!:)
PS to HOWSY: I've DHLed a contaoinerlead of Haridas' tehtarik, but can afford only transpot lembu, so BPatient, okay?

Howsy said...

Desi: Evaporate it and make into instant tea packets lar...you can earn bucket loads of money...

Anonymous said...

Desi: [A fait accompli: JPsc assumed permission granted to stray and his thousand apologies accepted beforehand]

Crystal Ball says by strait-sway or crooked bridge is not the question? The big question is whether the equestrian's hurdle of materializing some big-wits' dream of a new "Suspense" to relink our water margins will ever take place. For whatever motives, economic, political or aesthetics, throwing billion$ into the the straits when the current bridge is not in imminent danger of collapsing, is to satisfy the whim and fantasy of one or two people (my intuition).

Not to go along with the idiocy or idiosyncrasy of these 'dreamers' can turn this into another spat if "faces are not given" to them, while going along can mean a sizeable hole in the pocket, possibly in return for a white elephant (my gas). Butt then, maybe some redundant police chiefs can turn movie directors and produce local wayangs a-la "Streets Of San Francisco" with the "Suspense" as a backdrop. That'll be some face savings, butt will the world be impressed with another colossal structure of f(sh)ame to add onto....err..others?
Sad to say that physical structures of a nation do not say much about her overall ranking in development status; just as wealth alone does not add up to a cultured man.

In the same tone, fish(t)-fightings in pariahment in some asian countries, TaiHuan for example, prove beyond any doubt that even the so-called "elite" of every society may not be as erudite and refined as perceived. Fortunately, here we don't have fightings among elected members, and if it should ever happened, the consequence is easy to guess - as I said before, there is only white or black and no grey.

Here, people generally have no interest for "titles" that can be bought (it's like deceiving oneself), but they are still chasing (meaning working hard for) those "certs" that open doors to a brighter future, and not just from any Uni, cos they would like to get into the top ranking Unis abroad. Here's an example of "kiasuism" taken in a positive sense as a driving force behind the individual.

As for the 5 Cs (I have not heard of 5 Ds), there may be more now: Career, Cash, Credit-Card, Condo, Car and now Children !!

Btw, yesterday I said hello to 2 new cyber friends - Yan and Howsy. I visited her blog and found that she was coming to Sing-land and I emailed her to say hello. Howsy's comment somehow drew me to his blog and I similarly left my greetings. So if you and Howsy come visiting, we will certainly have a go at jibing and ranting to our hearts' content.

Cheers to you, Desi & Howsy !

chong y l said...

Hi Howsy:
how cum you did not add the usual Mal'sian 30% cunmission?
Wella, now I've got a shema to raise SIN$10million on an ide from that lundone fella!
A thousand thanks.:)X1,or 10 to power of Et Tu?:(

chong y l said...

JP, with thy presumed permit I'm dropping the SC cos it's 2letters 2long!

Fate accomplished eh -- were you that Bayi always bowing his head mamaing "A thousand sories..." in Mine My Language eon light yaers ago when TV in Sin-land was in B&W and in MYlnad it's sinfully - like Darkie toothpaste - going shiny white only too often?

Hi buddy - You dare visit lundone steal? ... I thought you view Howsy's M&M like these whites phew durian?
Ne'er mine -- it's his company (billion Engrish pounder i heard!) that cunts!:(

Hey SC: you are aloud to stray unless you spI the sign "Chinoserie and Dogs not aloyud" -- that means Desi's Place is still&open -- just don't make 2mush noi$e unless you're bring my type of M&M!:)

As for your earlier suggestion to impose Capital Punishment for wat? drunk driving? We already have the law in place here -- you did not see that SING? painted across that crooked bridge? ...oh, thae second part of that SIGN saying "with 10.00001grams of dada(H) hidden in your nus" has dropped off through misuse. Or Abuse. No, not the anus! Da Bridge-lah, howcunt Engrish from my neighbour so wilde one?!

Seriously speaking,I kinda enjoy watching TaiONEnurse MPs wrestling -- unlike the WWF one, so put on one -- in Taiwan, it's butts on...two.

Hey, I 4got to mention when Howsy and Desi visit thee, maketh sure Your BankAC is flushed with not SIndollars, okay? I don huanna spend even 12 hours in goAl okay -- tak tahan, I feint one, when no tehtarik for 6 hours!

Howsy arsed me to "evaporate" in tea bags -- stuff wear, in anus ah? Do SiGpolis make an innocent lookin' million(H)air like Desi do the Ear Skuat, ah, arh, (mappoi, drop 1/2 alive, not 1/2 dead, Desi even at the end remaions vely positive one!
How long can JP last in a lift that's fool of dames surrounding you when it suddenly stops midway betwen 14th and 13th floor??? This Q is not straying becos it has relevance to my louatrophobias against being caught in between so many legs!:)

Chow, although 4- letter, means wella.

Now in Sinland when I see men with black hair, I know they are local, men with white hair, they are local men with grey hair, they are Glocal! Ne've heard this one? Ask my DPM lah, why sum neighbours dont get to No their friends across the Cosway one?

Pls cume caker here, hear more from Howsy!
"London bridge is straight and frim,
Straight and firm 2X
London bridge is straight and firm
('Like all') MyFair Lad..s."

When you engage with Yan, be carefool, she's a Journalist
Anything you say could be on frontpage
2morrow
Dont blame Desi
I didn't say so.
I:
S:
A: amen.

chong y l said...

Yan:
Desi is feelin very hi after rendezwoo lustnite at wlong place with 2Boys&2Gals,luckily not from Sin-land! They all behaved wella, includin the misS!
jpsc: no offence meant. I jest mean.., ne'er mine, straying, or DIgressing, sin is thy territory, must hormat.)
Yan-I had to rush a note to your Editor becos i was in such a rush to meet my mentees-cum-MIA agent-cum-15-year-old-whosoundslike21-...fool of nicole Kid on my mind trhat I asked for a Nanny instead of my sizling chick, got semi-valued lembu insteak:(

Me, matchmaker? I kolect 30% from Catsville neioghbour, another 30% (X2.4) from Cosway neighbour -- I see my fantasy I-land on da nigh horizon-- "Pulau Tiga", you No where isit? jpsc wants to join as associate member!
I've heard of Pulau Batu Putih, butt some1 lnotty painted it black one nite and now it's disappeared from the latest map the UNited Nasions put out last Feb 29...I strayed agin, must apologise to my guests, also one Roberta who did not come for dinner...

Back to match-making, I asked Y&A johnlee "have you heard If I were a Rich Man?, and poor guy, he looked at me and thot I was boasting ...luckily the bill lustniote came to only 3-digit. If 4ekor, I'd share the no with jpsc -- at least we wont tax him on the sin-dollars!

So send my Regards to All Loved and Loving Ones
Try to catch KingKong if you can,
Don't bring him back to KLCC, Petronas Twin Towers may suffer stage fright!
Tell Chris it's okay to delay the BookerReview by 10 days -- get wella, write bettera!

As for yourself: no Blogging while you're on Holiday
otherWISE your Boss thinketh you have nothin badder to do
Likle one Desi, sitting infront of his PC
8hours a day
Do nuts but butts the BloggersWorld
to 1/2aliver.

PS: remember to send a gooda worda to the SinGa Stocka XchangeA to collaborata with klseT.A...:)