My Anthem

Saturday, December 31, 2005

To All My Esteemed Readers

"Give me a few friends who will love me for what I am; and keep ever burning before my vagrant steps the kindly light of hope." -- A Prayer, by Max Ehrmann

As a year draws to a close, human beings will normally do a stock check of the days gone by the past 12 months.The outstanding feature on my humble horizon is winning several new friends along the path of a cyber-journey that started on the Ides of March so that it enables me to "COUNT THE TOES" on Mother's GOoD Earth while doing the traditional k'ssin' under the MISStheToe at Yuletide. Ah, mGf Yan who became oo7 explains it thus to JPsc because the most recently gained Friend from across the crossway, You Asked For It!Here I also remember with fondness mGf Mr Coww who always reminds Desi to see with the heart and keep the faith, no matter what.


Desi was intrigued by one fellow blogger whom I often teased about his going MIA, writing about a recent gathering of five blogger mutual fans. I use "mutual" because in Blogsworld, citizenship is truly fre, democratic and equal. Everyone joins the conversation on his/her own free will and volition, on an "almost" level playing field, except the Ho(R)st always has the final say. Life is just, not fair!

Imran wrote about a seven-day-old event like it was seven years old -- hence titled ANNIVERSARY. And why not, to him, to me too -- it's only months we "knew" each other, and yet it seems a long, l-o-o-0-o-o-n-g time ago.

SO the conecpt of time in relationships is not measured by the brain cells counting the seconds, minutes and the hours -- going on to days, months and years.
The heart's time check rocks and rolls like a symphiny -- to the swings of the emotions of highs and lows and the plateaus. When we experience the hi-here, hi-there, hi-everywhere, life is a breeze and "physical" time passes by so fast.

As for lows,you sigh, you think you wanna die -- you wonder why time passes so slow.

As for the plateau -- we get used to it, working nine-to-five and catching forty winks in between, and hitting the hay during the weekends just to catch up with Lad' Sleep. Hopefully, in time, but YoungOnes, don't rush! -- one has a constant sleeping partner. Not that one in business, you dumbo!

Two among the five Blog fellows on a Fridae once upon a time at the Cable Car Restron (I/m spelling it as it should be PROnounced, versus WedNURSEday when it's spelt like it's frequently MISpronounced by the average Malaysia ... go figure ...Ah, Desi's indulgence in Digressing, a Blogger's luxury I often abuse.Alsso, Desiderata.English will close tomorrow with an Adieu piece for a respite while the teacher goes on sabattical.

Another member, I'd better look for him because he had gone MIA, taking over brother Imran's function after we both teAsed him a little, knotty Imran advising the Y&A to "go waste his youth" a li'l while the time is ripe (to this effect-lah, but I know he's being chicky!), and knottier Desi remarked that he (no, not Desi, the Young&ArticulateOne, dumbo!) is a "secret/sincere admirer" of another Y&A! I won't mention names lest he/she blush. As for young Kyels, Desi occasionaly pulls not only the T, but her leg, and she most times almost trips in the FuRong Maze. Or isit the Koala Lumpur Haze? My face is already feeling warm just thinking aloud...turns nigh lobster red as I visualise the scene ... painted by the closing strains, mGf, just be patient!Patience is generally not a vice.

About the fifth member, I wouldn't say more but end with whatever the rest have written: The sentiment and feeling at Desi's Place is all soul&spirit mutual.

I have enjoyed all the CONVERSATIONS with the visitors to desi's Place -- ho I always welcome with Haridas' piping hot tehtarik! -- to overseas Malaysians like Howsy in England, and Homo sapiens associates like Sweets Down Under -- it truly gives meaning to this stage of man's march in history -- we are now a Global Village.
Let our little chats and flippant and merry engagements continue with a kind and gentle spirit commonest guideposts to our quest for Happiness, elsuive to the second best Contentment we must be thankful for within our grasp. Hence, we strive towards a Utopia w have jointly defined as fellow travellers towards our fantasy I-LAND called SpiriteDestination!


As we head together into a new year,
I borrow from mGf Max the erring one,
A Prayer

Let me do my work each day;
and if the darkened hours
of despair overcome me, amy I
not forget the strength
that comforted me in the
desolation of other times. May I
still remember the bright
hours that found me walking
over the silent hills of my
childhood, or dreaming on the
margin of the quiet river,
when a light glowed within me,
and I promised my early God
to have courage anid the
tempests of the changing years.
Spare me from bitteerness
and from the sharp passions of
unguarded moments. May
I not forget that poverty and
riches are of the spirit.
Though the world knows me not,
may my thoughts and actions
be such as shall keep me friendly
with muself. Lift my eyes
from the earth, and let me not
forget the uses of the stars.


Forbid that I should judge others
lest I condemn myself.
Let me not follow the clamour of
the world, but walk calmly
in my path.
Give me a few friends
who will love me for what
I am; and keep ever burning
before my vagrant steps
the kindly light of hope.
And
though age and infirmity overtake
me, and I come not within
sight of the castle of my dreams,
teach me still to be thankful
for life, and for time's olden
,memories that are good and
sweet; and may the evening's
twilight find me gentle still.

I: i
S: say
A: amen

Thanks s-million:)
that me and mGf are still L'VING.


As I prepared my thoughts in the closing hours of 2005, I part with some memorable lines from an idyllic time when hearts were young and gay, and I wsih all my Esteeemed Readers to always remmebr, there's always:


A time for us, some day there'll be
When chains are torn by courage born of a love that's free
A time when dreams so long denied can flourish
As we unveil the love we now must hide
A time for us, at last to see
A life worthwhile for you and me


And with our love, through tears and thorns
We will endure as we pass surely through every storm
A time for us, some day there'll be a new world
A world of shining hope for you and me

For you and me

And with our love, through tears and thorns
We will endure as we pass surely through every storm
A time for us, some day there'll be a new world
A world of shining hope for you and me


A world of shining hope for you and me


NOTE OF INTEREST: Competing instrumental version by Henry Mancini charted at # 1
from the 1968 film produced by Franco Zeffirelli and starring Leonard Whiting and Olivia Hussey
- Words by Larry Kusik and Eddie Snyder
and Music by Nino Rota

Wishing All A Happy and Progresive New Year!

Desi,
from FuRong
With L'VE
:):):);):):):)

15 comments:

dreameridiot said...

Desi, a Happy, Happy 2006 to u!

Sorry I havent been able to visit lately, not as much as I would love to, because I have been busy with a couple of personal things...which hopefully will be completed soon.

May 2006 be a year of exciting things for you...and this blog of yours, even as you continue to seek and write for a better world!

Anonymous said...

Dear Desi (Mentor!),

Happy New Year to you and your family. I wish that 2006 will be a year of great achievements for you and may all your dreams and wishes come true! Have a happy and properous New Year. :D

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Desi,

Yes, we met by fate's decree in the month of November.

I have enjoyed every moment of your humour and wits. Keep it up.

I know a happy and prosperous year is awaiting you; just go and harvest it !

sweetspirits said...

Happy New Year Desi

I am thankful our paths crossed in cyberspace :)

A very nice prayer thanks for sharing :)

I'll share with you a song i luv

ANTHONY CALLEA
"The Prayer"

I pray you'll be our eyes, and watch us where we go.
And help us to be wise in times when we don't know
Let this be our prayer, when we lose our way
Lead us to the place, guide us with your grace
To a place where we'll be safe

La luce che tu hai
I pray we'll find your light
nel cuore restera
and hold it in our hearts.
a ricordarci che
When stars go out each night,
eterna stella sei

The light you have
I pray we'll find your light
will be in the heart
and hold it in our hearts.
to remember us that
When stars go out each night,
you are eternal star
Nella mia preghiera
Let this be our prayer
quanta fede c'e
when shadows fill our day

How much faith there's
Let this be our prayer
in my prayer
when shadows fill our day
Lead us to a place, guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe

Sognamo un mondo senza piu violenza
un mondo di giustizia e di speranza
Ognuno dia la mano al suo vicino
Simbolo di pace, di fraternita

We dream a world without violence
a world of justice and faith.
Everyone gives the hand to his neighbours
Symbol of peace, of fraternity
La forza che ci da
We ask that life be kind
e il desiderio che
and watch us from above
ognuno trovi amor
We hope each soul will find
intorno e dentro se
another soul to love

The force his gives us
We ask that life be kind
is wish that
and watch us from above
everyone finds love
We hope each soul will find
around and inside
another soul to love
Let this be our prayer
Let this be our prayer, just like every child

Need to find a place, guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe
Need to find a place, guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe

E la fede che
hai acceso in noi,
sento che ci salvera

It's the faith
you light in us
I feel it will save us.....


All the best to you n ur loved ones

tcz

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you, Desi!!

Warmest regards from my family and I

God bless you and your family. :)

chong y l said...

dreamer idiot:

Thanks for finding the time -- Happy to Thee two!

Wwe write for each other -- it's a joruney we'd equally enjoy -- yes, 2006 will be better,
With the More, the Merrier!

chong y l said...

yan:

as always, from one "heart" writer to another, let's march into 2006
in tandem and with JOY in our hearts.:)

Two tehtarik very manis! (for New Year's Day special sugar coated with honey, from Haridas' beehive)for taking Desi along the Borneo Post adventure!

chong y l said...

kyels:

hi, fella poet-aspirant:

One Day Soon, yours truly thy Mentee be
As My saying goes,
the Flipside of one's life
lies a Young&Articulater alter ego...

(Hope I gota spell' rite!)

chong y l said...

JPsc:

I enjoy your education and wits2! Hope 2006 grows on our r(h)umours and we both give the stock markets a flip/fillip!:):)

I heard a familiar frase, It takes two to tango -- Singa and Tiger will do?

chong y l said...

sweets:

anthiony callea:spanish or italiano?

Desi says: Sieh, sieh!
Zhu Da Jai 2006 Sien Nien Jin Pu!

Sweets, I know you'd always find the time
To be an Angel on Desi's shoulder
And I'll try to be "that" 'boulder':)

hehehe ...or isit "lols!", kyels?

chong y l said...

sabrina:

all grownup and bold
hope some of Desi's wits take thee hold
in flyin' o'er DU queensland...
Thanks sweets on Desis Place behalf
for her splendid prayer and S-:)luv...

Anonymous said...

I was looking for information on vehicle lemon law, trying to find information in reguards to any new lemon laws and

read your site. Although not exactly what I needed it caught my attention. Many people have problems and any

new vehicle lemon law laws may not help them the way they expect. Anyway thanks for the read.

Anonymous said...

Hey, great site! I never knew what I'd find in my search for Tummy Tucks. I have to say I'm definitely not disappointed:-). Even though not exactly what I was searching for, I found the info worthwhile. Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

I was just searching blogs and found yours.It's interesting. I'm going to bookmark you and return.

Regards
Alex basic training video

Anonymous said...

not quite right giving idea jeff ooi being a blogger can lie. "to lie is big media work, bloggers can also", is not the ethically bloggers code of conduct. Jeff Ooi, just a mad man.