My Anthem

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Sore throat? Drink more ... Ho-ho-horlciks? No-lah...

one mGf says she's cutting down on tehtarik as she gets migraine...
So Desi can down more cuppas of Haridas's tehtarik -- one lady's loss is another man's gain.

I'm sure many mGf, after all the Eating during this Yuletide -- chocs, cheese-cakess, turkey, chics -- some of you do get a Sorethroat, yes?

What's the cure?

Here's some advice:

According to a news report from dpa, out of sweet, fragrant:

COLOGNE: People suffering from sore throats
should drink as much as possssible, say experts in Germany.
Doing so moistens the mucous membrane and keeps cold viruses
from multiplyting, according to the magazine Medicine Today
(Medizin Heute), published by
Cologne doctors' organisations.
Especially useful are herbal teas or hot lemon juice.
Aside from drinking, other good household cures include gragling
with salt water, or charmomile or sage tea.
If the pain lasts for more than three days, a doctor's visit is
recommended. - dpa

DESIDERATA: Now that I've fgiven thee a recipe, where's my Damned
Hollywood Creeps? I mean S-c-r-i-p-t. I was thinking so hard
with the deadline approaching, I'm beginning to have a migraine.
Das, can I have a teh S-A-G-E...?
What doe that do to me, I wonder.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Desi:

You've forgotten my month-old advice about migraine - coffee or tehtarik from your haridas is not going to help much, although the bitter white alkaloid caffeine may be used as stimulant to treat certain kinds of headache, migraine (I stand corrected) is not in that category.

For me, the only way to pop in couple of strong pain killers, apply very gentle/genteel massages around the temples and remain in a very dark and quiet room (like a bat) for half day at least. We are luckier if we are true teetotaller, cos the alcohol will add pressure to the throbs.

Did the bulls make a last minute dash in the klse with all the hypes prior to Christmas ?

Looking forward to the new year 2006, that is, if 2006 is as ex(in)citing as Bond 007.

Peace out

imran said...

Desi,

You forgot another remedy for sore throats. I personally recommend taking a spoon of honey which will lesson the throat irritants and your throat won't feel dry. I've tried it many times and it works!

chong y l said...

jp:

i steal remember about lazy 1/2 day-into-nite in da dark room, but nother mGf yan says please don't tarry too long with Hello Darknes mOf!

Genteel massages? FuRong is a lo-o-o-ong way from Ha'Ya'! So I'll ask Haridas to add some Carmomile (isit another product from augusta? pronton? -- JPsc, do you lnow wat's dat?) to my tehtarik...

As for bull run, unFORTUNTEly, you are NOT rom dat SC!

chong y l said...

imran:

I envy thee -- you have the luvliness of thy honey -- hey, keep it in the SIN-G-ular ALL THE TIME!

Need some teh S-A-Ge?

sweetspirits said...

warm water n salt :) works wonders