My Anthem

Friday, July 04, 2008

The Star's Startling "Omissions"

I rushed back from a nigh=midnght rendezvous last night to catch no thief, just TV3's NIGHTLINE as in the afternoon, the blogosphere was all abuzz with PI to Razak Baginda Balasubramanian's SD of which you were advised in the previous Post. I ain't gonna pamper any more ER hear! As I have more important matters to attend to -- like paying rapt attention to the first item in the midnight hour's newscast featuring Raymond Goh, from whom I also learnt to brush up my English pronunciation.

Okay, here's getting to the CORE OF THIS POST. The Star Online's version of the same press conference called by deputy premier (in lower caps because that's what he now deserves for telling a blatant lie... which I caught onto but not the Star, or it had not reported it, that's a TERRIBLE OMISSION!)

The Star report also clearly had no good Editor/s or Subs (which is short for Sub-editors) because I believe there is another FATAL OMISSION here ***, which I attribute to half-past six English and not intentional, but they -- the journalists involved -- should be given Show-Cause letters! Especially when it was supposedly a "transcript"!

******************************************

Alert readers, don'tyou think there should be the word "not" at the place I marked***?
~~ YL Chong the newshound asking this question, and to some bodekers who should be reading this, you guys please draw it to the attention of GEIC double Datuk Wong Chun Wai, an idol of some of you MCA-clones...

******************************************




Otherwsise, I don't have any quarrel with the rest of the Star report below:


Thursday July 3, 2008 MYT 9:36:31 PM
DPM says statutory declaration is a ‘red herring’



Najib: Statutory declaration just a diversion

KUALA LUMPUR: Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak read out a statement at a press conference in Parliament, saying that the statutory declaration by P. Balasubramaniam was a "red herring" by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to divert public attention from the sodomy allegation against him.


Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak answering questions posed by reporters during a press conference in Parliament.

Following is a transcript of his statement:

"Firstly, I want to repeat that whatever that had been said is considered sub judice because the case is still under trial in court. However, I wish to repeat strongly that I did not know or have *** met the Mongolian woman mentioned in the statutory declaration.”

“The statutory declaration, which I consider as a horrible lie, a mere fabrication with malicious intention and slanderous element which aimed to smear my image. I am very sure that this is a very desperate attempt to divert attention from the sodomy allegation that Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim is facing now.”

“What is important now is not the matter raised as a diversion, (or) red herring, but what people want to know is whether the sodomy case happened or not. I hope the relevant authorities will investigate and make an announcement as soon as possible.”

“On the statutory declaration, because the declaration contradicts the testimonies in court and also with the police report, I leave it to the authorities to investigate fully.

The parties responsible (for the statutory declaration) should be prepapred to accept any consequences if the authorities uncover any legal wrongdoing."

DESIDERATA: The other OMISSION which should have invited a quetion to the DPM WHY THE CONTRADICTION at the PC that Saiful had visited him (Najib) at his house a few days before he made the police report (last Saturday -- someone among my kind ER, please check...)alleging "sodomy" committed by DSAI on him last Thursday (please check2), when the same Najib on commenting on Saiful's report in the first instance said he had not met Saiful,only that he came to the PM's office some THREE MONTHS AGO to ask for help to get a scholarship, and had posed for a photograph with one of Najib's aides.

Some ALERT COMMENTERS had noted this deiscrepancy too and posted this observation at rockybru's Post on Subramaiam's SD.Did someone ask what's a SD? Aiyah,have you have away in Paris or Singapore ah this'hole time? STATUTORY DECLARATION-lah! Made famous by a Blogger fren of min named Raja Petra Kamarudin (spelt wit' ONE 'd', Pete stressed to me once!)

CHOW!

This parting shot "Chow" is often heard in gay Paree, which was popularised by one TIAN CHUA some time back (I think he worked for the French undercover tourist agency!) when he displayed his arsetistic talent showing THREE MALAYSIANS ENJOYING HIGH T at a roadside cafe. I asked him to ID the one whose back (not backside!) was turned to his esteemedreaders (lower case for some reason known only to Desi...)-- Tian Chua coyly said: "Your gas is as gooder as mine!"I believe Tian was pronouncing English ala Brigid Bardot:(

PS: If some Engrund above was not properly used, you forgift Desi alright? Either I was a good disciple of an ex-MB, OR it's my protest that I am not paid a single sen bringing you this report, unlike the Star journos, twomonths'bonusPLUSmoremonthsexgratia if they remain bodekers to the rightpeeps!

PPS: After ping-ing to PPS, I am adding my wn PPS, as just before my entry, I spotted mGf resident at myasylum60.blogspot.com touching on the same subject, and he's conducting a poll on "Truth or unTruth", GO VISIT HIM and CONvey my regards:). I hope his residence is as posh as a condo in Damansara or the DPM's "small house" ala-Zakaria...

********************************************************

PS added at 4.58PM friday July 4, I work heart for my ER!(:0:) A tasty morsel I extracted from a Commenter at rockybru's:

"5. The boy said he was sodomised one day before he lodged the police report, (Thursday), but you met him earlier and you said he came to complain of sodomy. This means he went to Anwar after meeting you to be sodomised again. You met him when Anwar was in the Holy City of Medina with Dr Aziza performing Umrah, when they came back on Wed. afternoon, the boy said he was sodomised on Thursday. But the boy has been meeting you before. Don’t you think you have sold out your very self?

4 comments:

Givemeliberty said...

Hmm..., either sloppy sub-editting or Najib's support staff's poor English. The sentence should read as: "However, I wish to repeat strongly that I did not know nor have I met the Mongolian woman mentioned in the statutory declaration.”

He he he.

chong y l said...

ah mGf givemeliberty:

Glad to see my ex-MSM bud still budding!:)

Free on MOnday July 7, noon-2.30pm, let's MEET AT CENTRAL MARKET, KL< Desi wanna gift thee somethin' for oldedimesshakes!:)

SMS me 012-0702285... Pls dont tell SpecialBrunch:(

chong y l said...

ah mGf givemeliberty:

Glad to see my ex-MSM bud still budding!:)-- GML!

Free on MOnday July 7, noon-2.30pm, let's MEET AT CENTRAL MARKET, KL< Desi wanna gift thee somethin' for oldedimesshakes!:)

SMS me 012-0702285... Pls dont tell SpecialBrunch:(

chong y l said...

oops,012-9702285:) trying hard to MISSlead the SB!:)