My Anthem

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Desi's 48 "Strike2" at Ancient Mariner's Wharf

And I threw in a bait to catch Catfish, I netted a Blue Whale, but out of respect to my eco-friendly buddies who protesteth my coccasional capitalist lifestyle tasing shark's fin at nikko restron, I let the *small fish FREE. *"small" ala-Zakaria RM7-10million hut in Port KLang, have you forgotten o'lady?

Now presenting writHing @www.cyusof.blogspot.com from across the SE7EN Cs:), yeah, C4+C3 ~~~~~~~

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Loony Fringe

As a blogger, I have never fancied myself as an "online journalist" and unlike some of my "ex journo" peers, I do not have access to mysterious "deep throats" who will feed me with juicy tidbits or the latest rumours. I can only comment on news reports now available online. Perhaps I am just part of the "loony fringe" as mentioned in yesterday's NST editorial, here, which I thought was rather too holier-than-thou for a rag fast losing its readership. I have stopped buying this New Shit Times many years ago.

The editorial had some biting if not bloated comments on Information Minister Shabery Chik's offer to bring us bloggers in from the cold and induct us into his hall of fame via the RTM1 weekly program "Blog", which was described as amounting to little more than a "sideshow and diversion". I take umbrage to this comment as I was one of the bloggers featured in the program recently. The minister was described as trying to rationalise the role of the alternative media, "which were seen to have played a decisive part in not just the build-up to this year's general election but the continuing socio-political turbulence since then".

Some of us bloggers may indeed be "frauds and charlatans" who shoot our "rabble-rousing mouths off or engage in slanderous badinage with the cybermasses", but you will ignore us at your own peril.

Logged by The Ancient Mariner
"Stolen" by YL, Desi, knottyaSsusual
in broad dielight.

PS: I ignore knot mGf AM's caution, I have only one life, I wanna live to see V3030 attained by AM, PM's and MidnightV's sext generations:)

No comments: