My Anthem

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shameful Englsih MSM Omission!

Yesterday I spent lunch with a bilingual matey (fluent in Mandarin and competent in English, the vice versa of Desi-lah!:) and I told him to look out in the Chinese press for a news break flowing from Raja Petra Kamarudin's expose of a medical report by the DOCTOR who eamined Saiful which clearly stated there was NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER TO BACK UP SAIFUL'S CLAIM HE HAD BEEN SODOMISED!

Last night I caught up with the same buddy at a hawker centre for Satay-supper and he was happy to report "all the evening editions of Chinese papers including Nanyang" reported the news break ON THEIR FRONT PAGES, which wamred my heart as a newsman to know that the vernacular pres is "alive and kicking". This was confirmed this morning by the day's editions -- I had a hearty BF!

Blardy hell, later this morning I grabbed the New Straits Times paying RM1.20 for the copy, and I glanced at the Star print edition at a friend's shop -- NO, THE NEWS WAS NOT IN BOTH PAPERS ON THE FRONT PAGE, which to me, should be what the news value deserves, nothing less!

I spied after some effort in the "inside pages" -- you lazy BUMmers, go peep for yourself! -- but the news reports did not highlight the GIST of the matter, which is that a doctor who had examined Saiful on the day of his filing a police report alleging Sodomy had stated clearly there were NO SIGNS SHOWING THAT SAIFUL HAD VEVER BEEN SODOMISED AS COMPLAINED OF BY THE "PATIENT"! Instead, it went to the sedond topranked policeman to deny "the doctor was ever detained for three days" which was to me A SECONDARY ISSUE.

What about the core issue of Saiful's examination by the doctor,now reported to have gone into hiding with his family?

It's a shameful state of OMISSION of duty to report the news of the day by the English MSM.

Elegant silence on core issues facing Malaysia. INDEED, HO WEEP FOR NEGARAKU? mGf Kim Quek and I have writ countless times asking this Q in despair...God save us from scoundrels!
I:
S:
A:
men.

1 comment:

Starmandala said...

What? Kim Quek is your gal? Wow... I've never met her but I'm a great admirer of her clear, concise nobullshitstraightfromtheshoulder journalistic style which I often read in MT or M'kini. Anyway, so long as the same gang of conspirators are still at their posts - idiots like Gani Patail, Musa Hassan, Kalimullah, Wong Chun Wai (not to mention the entire BN cabinet) - you're going to be disappointed by the NST and Star. Miraculously, although the Malay Mail is part of the same parent company, it occasionally goes where the others dare not - mainly because MM has roped in Nades & Terence in an effort to grow new testicles in its latest incarnation as the Malaysian Male :-)