My Anthem

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

ELECTION WATCH (4): Cili padi MP Opts Out (Part II)

Latest news about two-term MP Fong Po Kuan is there is no concrete development beyond the fact that she's FIRM ABOUT NOT OFFERING HERSELF AS A DAP CANDIDATE, for Batu Gajah, or any other parliament seat. This in totally in character with a politician who's striving for change on principles and conviction. That fact that she changed her mind to fight again in GE2004 was mainly due to the then serving SG KERK KIM HOCK, and on't believe the crap of now the Father claiming he was made "dead cat" (as widely reported in the Chinese media" and the Son saying he was searching high and low for Po Kuan the past 48 hours. Remember Malaysians have been entertained often to Sandiwara on the PWTC Stage; now it's transferred to the Wayang in Perak when the puppet masters are sharpening their daggers in Kuala Lumpur/PJ. Go ask Sdr Kerk who did a Brutus onhim in the 2004 Kota Melaka GE campaign...

I can emphathise with Po Kuan (as I had indeed written in several Posts here) as I said yesterday, I can relate some personal experiences of te party's shenanigans, especially pertaining to my hometown, SEREMBAN, where dwelleth my esteemed once-party adviser, Dr Chen Man Hin.


Continuing from Yesterday's unfinished Post, let me start from te beginning, second part.

MY PERSONAL ELECTION OUTING IN GE 2004

For the first time, I am leting a kittenout of the bag.
Please Google "choong yen loong dap general elections parilaent 2004), maybe you will find the DAP contestant -- Call him Candidatee C.garnered about 23,000 votes -- losing by a wide margin against the imcumbent, deputy minister from MCA, by 16,000-plus votes.

C had had a much longer assoication with the Opposition party than cili padi, going back to MP (Cheras) Tan Kok Wai's days as political aide to Lee LT then flying high in Bukit Bintang who earned C's respect but now his esteem is below zero level so vve shant even spell out his name in full/fool?

The bombshell dropped on Sunday by cili padi MP was too explosive to ignore, and for once, I am NOT HINTING ABOUT THE GOINGS-ON, but try to grab the bull by the horns. There will be pros-and-cons in dissecting the woes and highs besieging any politicalparty,but I have maintained elegant silence for far too long on a matter that troubled me so much that I decided it was time to "move on" ... YES, I JOINED PKR AS THE NEXT BEST VEHICLE FOR CHANGE IN JANUARY 2007.

Regular EsteemedReaders would have seen any political writings here would be promoting civil society in general, and CHANGE in particular, with regards to Governance, Open Government and Transparency and Accountability. In fact, lately as the GE2008 approached, I often ended wit' the taglines:

"V"4CHANGE,
"V"4OPPOSITION,
"V" PKR.


A key point I had highlighted often enough here was that the MINDSET of many elected representatives of DAP was similar to that of MCA's (also UMNO's but I won't use that for comparison because whether you like it or not, DAP has degenerated into a 95%-Chinese party with some toke Indian Malaysian represenatation through Karpal and sons sdn bhd beside the Lim and ... sdn bhd. But I digress.

I want to detail what's happening in the Seremban constituency for the past few decades.

One by one Dr Chen's selected proteges abandoned ship AFTER WINNING SEATS TO THE STATE ASSEMBLY. One COMMON FEATURE of all these "betrayers" is that they were at one time employees of Dr Chen's office, whether political or business.

Roll-call to heaven's gates( then turned to hell like Dr Chua Soi Lek's?):

* Kuppusamy (more than 2 deacdes ago, shipped off to UK to study Law)
** Khoo Seng Hock
*** "Tiger" Lee
**** Lim Fui Meng (less than one year ago abandoned DAP ship).

NOTE:
I don't know whether to classify former Rasah MP HU SEPANG in the "same boat", but I stmpathise with his "RENDITION" which could have broken down a once loud-mouthed Cowboy (hey, I had sat down to tehtarik with him as comrades to say this,OK!)so I gift him some benefit of the doubt, though I hear he was headed down ex-BB MP's soul'd out way...

TO BE CONTINUED...

(Quite tiring writing this because I really ondered deeply, even consulted with several close Comrades on this, before I decided to put this ON RECORD, once and for all on a subject I had held too long close to my chest, but Po Kuan's episode made up my mind for me in penning this ... and hopefull some DEVILS PLAYING Angels WILL WAKE UP TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE ALSO LIKE A SLEEPY-EYED EMPEROR WEARING NEW CLOTHES from a shoppe in Pavilion, Koala Lumpuh!:)

Now all these "Oppositionists" turned coats did not jump ship out of their love for their electorates. Oh,no, they did not join MCA just for a song and dance session at the Karaoke lounge. "Eat, Drink and Be Merry" maybe, with members enticed with clarion call to join the party youth who were/are/will be taught by an MCA role model who became a BILLIONAIRE-at-27, then a potentail bankrupt but bailed out by sugar-sweet-Daddy. No GUESS watch any guessing right who this is, or was, or has been, but one day he will -- like good olde Daddy -- take the Chinese community for another ride. Wasn't it starnge that Malaysian Chinese were led by leaders all having the same surname for too long a time -- was it their boon or bane -- Lim and Lim, Ling.


One still hangs on as Father-and-Son-and-DIL triumvirate -- after serving more time than Dr Mahathir's 22 years' record as PM -- one retired just recently, hoping his son may yet earn brownie points with Penang-CM-party-succesor-as-incomingPresident, to continue Daddy's legacy; and one was forced out four years ago as he had hen placed enough henchmen around the power centre to make sure of his sonny's return to Wisma MCA politics....... DON"T BELIEVE ME? Ask wan Datuk Soh CW-lah!

Okay, back to the traitors who got elkected on Rocket and then switched to the listing Kapal Layar -- ooops, Dacing is the new symbol, I heard, unbalanced one. Yes, listing.You want to know how one sonny boy managed to de-list several KLSE listed vehicles? But me tehtarik at Lingam's tomorrow at 4pm and I will give thee a Business/Corporate lesson on making, and losing, BIG bucks ala-Nick Leeson. (After all, I have had a deacde's experience as a Business Journalist! See, I am not modest at all as a writHer!:(

So my grapevine at Saudara's told me that one Opposition ADUN's price in the wet market was at least one million. Of course, you can tell me the details.

Whe the newest ADUN, Lim FM of Bahau, civilly announced that he was getting on board the Barisan Nasional boat, he was doing out of love for the community he represents. Hey, I term that "SOUL'D OUT" if you understand some literature. There's an English saying that in Life on materialistic mother/father/son/daughter's earth, "THERE IS A PRICE ON A HUMAN'S HEAD."

This guy gave up a RM6,000-a-month job managing Dr Chen's property development company at Labu Hills in order to serve the constituents badder on MCA new vehicle. Have it heard another saying:
TELL IT TO ANCIENT AND MINDFUL MARINERS!

I have high esteem for Dr Chen who has had used his own money to fund a lot of DAP's activities. He gave Candiadte C RM5,000 in GE2004, I heard, and he had promised more during the campaign period, but ...

Long story short, I visited Dr Chen soon after Lim FM's seling out, and I in jest, also half serious, told the good doctor:

"Dr Chen you are like Dr Mahathir, who said he was a poor judge of human character.

Dr M picked several deputies and potential sccessors, but they all stabbed him in the back. Yes, abandoned ship-lah and threw themselves challenging him instead. Musa Hitam, Razaleign Hamzah, Anwar Ibrahim...


I paused for my then party-adviser to take in my constructive criticism". (ASIDE: My dear ER, you agree it was CC, right?)

"Dr Chen, you picked all these former staff of yours andthen they became wakil rakyat, and when the time or price is right, they jump ship..."

The good doctor maintained elegant silence as I conducted a near-monologue. He wasn't a happy man when I left his clinic-office.

Will the advser ever become wiser as he grows older? He seems to be backing horses who later turned wolves most times. I shake my head in bewilderment and despair. The thought on my mind lingering -- Maybe everyone indeed has a price on his/her head. Meanwhile, Moo_t, have you got a quote of 20million for Desi's Place nyet?

As an alternative option to consider, I may want to audition soon for a Double Agent role when 007 comes to Seremban town...
No wonder some Y&A visiting at Desi's Place wished for an V: for Vendetta to appear on Malaysian shores to take care of boith THE BN GOVERNMENT and the OPPOSITION PARTIES as well. THE DEVIL WEARS BOTH PRADA, waving BN/MCA and Opposition/DAP branded attire -- GE 2008 CATWALK anyone, in a Year of THE RAT?


IF YOU JOIN THE RUMOUR-MONGERS at Saudara's, you will be highly disturbed to hear that there indeed were many members in the Opposition on the rivals' payroll -- and you can't tell who's the greater enemy -- THE DEVIL WITHIN or THE MONSTER FROM OUTSIDE?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

More keyword from Desi :)

Now the puzzle is almost complete. Seems Lim G-Eng people try to squeeze out FPK husband recontest in Johor, which lost on minimal 428 votes. That's mean if the the Chili family win, they will be the FIRST husband-wife team in Malaysia parliament. Yet another record will not enter into the boleh record book.

If Lim GE want to be a good leader, this is the last chance for him to earn respect from everyone. Thick skin won't fix the damage, an apologies is imminent. Lim Kit Siang can't help his son on this, G-Eng must earn respect himself.

Ktemoc has mentioned DAP people are pretty straight and perhaps NAIVE. I don't think Lim G-Eng has the intelligent to make that move. If he did so, then DAP will win a huge headline that shocked machai and umno, and his image will be on par with Anwar and PAS Tok guru.

I will keep my finger cross.

Anonymous said...

Just want to add something about the first paragraph. Fong Po Kuan husband, Dr Lim Zhen Chun lost by 428 votes in 2004 GE. IMHO, it is a win since Johor state are infested by heavy phantom voters and postal vote.

chong y l said...

ah moo_t, thou art observant and discerning, and knoweth how to read in between the events and lines!:)

How about contacting Desi for thy goblet of Puerh, eh? Make it soon!:)

Anonymous said...

unless of course LGE reads your comment at Desiderata-ylchong.

Well, politics. You win some, you lose some. But the mousedeer dies in the middle, sigh.

Maybe we should consider RPK's challenge and give our votes to bn, e..l though it maybe at such thought.

Maverick SM said...

Now I know you got more than 20,000 votes in 2004.

Eh, that guy who beat you, he's gone for good!!!!

You can still try for 2008, will you?