My Anthem

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Yesterday's Post Is Hanged,or Hung?

Today's not the usual Sunday's Rumination write in perfect English. It is not the run of the mill entry. Yes, run off the mill... so if you have no time for some follery, please get the hear out of hell!

I had titled my Post yesterday thus:
The MYTH of De Incincibilyty of a TUNship...

On second or third reading as I came back from T-Break, I realised one word was not spelt properly. No, not the "De", you idiot! 'twas Incincibilyty.

So I tried an experiment: LET THE MIS-SPELLING RUN ALONE, ALONG THE WHOLE DAY,and SEE IF ANY OF MY ESTEEMEDREADERS ("ER" for you first-timers, I pray there many, especially from those who boycott, or galcott, MSM!) WOULD CATCH DESI'S LAPSE...

Alas, even at 1 second past midnight i.e. 00:01AM, none of my loyal readers pointed out to Desi the mistake. Mayhaps the missspelling was not pretty enough, I consoled myself. Wept silent tears and gave up my Midnight Rumination piece. Not a peaceful night. I would have writ "peacefool" were I my usual self, but enough of my indulgence. Anyway, I did not have my usual Sundae BF, CON BF remember? Because the french toast ran away with the milkman. I presume the toast was female. If I erred and my readers of the fairer sex protesteth, feel free to rant -- remember there is a channel called COMMENTS!

As I was saying, this was an experiment -- No,not to determine the sex of my ER! -- to see how alert my readers were (assuming there were more than one...).If you remembered your Science teacher's lessons well, an experiment must start with ASUUMPTION/S.

Next, it's followed by METHOD. (Part of what I learnt as Scoentific Method, in the great tradition of Da Vinci and Einstein. I cite only two examples as I claim greAtness by associtaion. Guess how? I gift thee the answers when I finish my next BOOK hopefully by August 31, 2008 -- if not, 2009. Just like the de facto leader of PKR, these are important DEADLINES to meet, otherwise,one of us is dead meat.

Anyway, as I was saying, this was an experiment, so the next stage called for OBSERVATION.

1. All was silence on the Comments' front.
2. "NO" -- there were no IE breakdowns in Malaysia the whiole of yesterday except for states of Kedah and Perlis -- yes, I called 1300-something, smoething...


Post CONTINUED on Monday, May 19, 2008:

I was gladdened by these two comments received during the INTERVENING PERIOD, and I think mGf moo_t and Ancient Mariner "delivered" me from comitting Hara Kiri on My Blue Heaven.

Explanation follows, you just be patient and not complain against this English tuition teacher's lessons! (ASIDE from the backside pinch: The lessons are "free" some more, and I think one ex-MB from neighbouring state to mine would APpreciate it!) I continue with this noble mission with APpers like him/her!

*****************************************

2 comments:

moo_t said...
Hmmm, I didn't spotted that, too busy on work, outdoor field works.

I admit I take a glance and it is invincibility. Now is it my eye or you change it? ;)

2:41 PM
The Ancient Mariner said...
I hv trubble reeding yr SMS too...

Thou art a lokal English teacher's nightmare*

*What de stallion said, "Last night I had a night mare.."

5:30 PM

*****************************************

I took a long break and was about to continue with the CONCLUSION, which is the most important part of any experiment, thus:

1. All was silence on the Commenters' front was because THERE WERE NO CALLERS AT DESI'S PLACE, so if there were no eyes, how could they spot the Misspelling, however pretty she was?

2.IF THE ABOVE CONCLUSION WERE TRUE,then YL Chong was about to shut the blardy damned place down! Which blardy fool of a writer would keep on writing master/mistresspieces if they remain UNred? I had always averred that many of Malaysian electors were masochistic before March8, 2008.

BUT DESI'S CERTAINLY NO MASCOCHISTIC BLOGGER!
Like that refrain from "Sound of Silelnce", Dustin Hoffman remember?
No? Then Anne Bancroft, seducing the young graduate?

writing songs that voices never shared
no one dared...


These two Commenters who stole in-- strolled in? -- prevented the suicidal thoughts flooding Desi's midnight mindscape from becoming another reality show -- some Blog committing Hara Kiri!

I believe their chivalrous acts deserve a Bloggers' Award for Life-Saving which I will recommend to the sext BUM2009 Orgasmic Committee.

My belated responses to heir kind Comments which saved an almost drowning Blog!

**************************************

desiderata said...
moo_t:

Now you are defensive about growing olde and failing eyesight ... and not attaining
V2020!

And alleging that Desi could be guilty of committing "fraudulent" act of "chaning" my invisible attire in the steal of the night? Can you afford a suit for 20mil, ah?

5:58 PM
desiderata said...
AM:

SMSes should be BANNED 4ever becos they caused lots of misunderstandings! I read your sms yesterday and today I waited at Lingam's from 11am till 3PM, and no AM appeared for tehtarik dan kambing!
Now you complain about my English being sub-standard! I quote the Ba(sta)rd often like:

"2B or knot 2B, that's the brand of the pensil I Lost at C!:)" instead of wasting blardy dime memorising the RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER -- so when R U arriving-- you sms-ed 11am-3pm, and I waited 4 hours. 4 in chinoserie is "C"four-liau-liau-LOL!

6:03 PM

*****************************************


PS: I picked this up from RPK's Post -- you have to search the full article yourself, I ain't from Pamper's!:(

"They say a drowning man goes down three times before he goes down for good. If you want to save a drowning man you have to save him when he surfaces the first or second time. If you allow him to go down the third he will never surface for the fourth time. The Chinese say that four means die and after the third time consider him dead. And will the same apply to Umno? Umno is going to go down for the third time this year. Will it be able to resurface and re-emerge for the fourth time? I doubt it. I think when Umno goes down the third time it will be for the final time."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I didn't spotted that, too busy on work, outdoor field works.

I admit I take a glance and it is invincibility. Now is it my eye or you change it? ;)

The Ancient Mariner said...

I hv trubble reeding yr SMS too...

Thou art a lokal English teacher's nightmare*

*What de stallion said, "Last night I had a night mare.."

chong y l said...

moo_t:

Now you are defensive about growing olde and failing eyesight ... and not attaining
V2020!

And alleging that Desi could be guilty of committing "fraudulent" act of "chaning" my invisible attire in the steal of the night? Can you afford a suit for 20mil, ah?

chong y l said...

AM:

SMSes should be BANNED 4ever becos they caused lots of misunderstandings! I read your sms yesterday and today I waited at Lingam's from 11am till 3PM, and no AM appeared for tehtarik dan kambing!
Now you complain about my English being sub-standard! I quote the Ba(sta)rd often like:

"2B or knot 2B, that's the brand of the pensil I Lost at C!:)" instead of wasting blardy dime memorising the RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER -- so when R U arriving-- you sms-ed 11am-3pm, and I waited 4 hours. 4 in chinoserie is "C"four-liau-liau-LOL!