My Anthem

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Freedom Before Publishing, Faultlines After

Raja Petra Kamarudin was a clear favourite speaker at the BUM2008 Gathering last Thursday.
I took a short break after introducing him briefly (I had a reason but I am not telling, hear!:)

For what it is worth, I had wanted to share a secret wit' the roaring audience that evening, by then hungry as wolves at 7.30pm, having stayed on fromabout 2.30pm wit' one short Hi-Tea break because as Chair, I allowed it. If I had left it to the dictatorial Co-Chair, Bernard Khoo @ Zorro, there would have been no T, and pandemonium would have broken out, as hungry Bloggers are damned angry ones too. In te first place, they started off being angry about many things.If you have to ask WHY, then you had been away for far too long from the company of the likes of RPK!

Okay -- that rahsia. In email exchanges seeking Pete's (RPK, I can call you Pete, yes? This enderament I believe is resorted to by people who have graduated to being buddies, for YLChong @ Desi is definitely being presumptous here!)

*******************************************************************

I am now taking a short break; hey,I am not at thy bark and gall,OK! I miss'd my lamb and am coping wit'CON BF as fallback! Meanwhile, behave thyself and go read the full story of the following extracted from a new Online newssite which I have been secretly reading, and Today, I'm giving the Malaysian Insider its first plug -- but I don't know where I should send the Bill; gates' addie anyone?)

A case of the underdog taking on the bad guy
KUALA LUMPUR, May 3 ─ He refuses to be cowed by authority. He has a low estimation of the police and other institutions. He believes that the moneyed class and powerful in the country often get a free pass. He is prepared to believe the worst about the government, its agencies and its politicians.
When Commercial Crime Investigation Department police officers questioned prominent blogger Raja Petra Kamaruddin for alleged sedition yesterday, they came face to face with someone who embodies many of the qualities of the doubting middle-class Malaysian.
If Raja Petra’s postings on Malaysia Today have a following in the country, it is not only because he writes without worrying about legal concepts of defamation or sedition, or that he combines expert story-telling with a dash of facts. It is also because many people in middle Malaysia identify with him ─ they share his concerns and suspicions.
:
:
:

****************************************************
Now, "digression" being my second name, in one email reply from Sdr RPK (in response gifting me a 'carte blanche' to pick up his writes; Ah ha, thanks for the AP! ~~ Desi), he shyly, or is it slyly, noted that I spelt his name wit' an extra 'd' as in "Kamaruddin". (I do that sometimes -- also to my/your/our All-Blogs Prez Ahirudin Atan or Ahiruddin Attan, even to one guy called Chong Yen Loong:(

As I was saying, so I learned my lesson well. I had wanted to share this rahsia at the BUM2008 night in closing - so it's now placed on record I am saying now this narrative that was ringiing in my head but was not of sufficient desibelles to hit the floor.

"Dear RPK, turning to my right, your Dad was far-sighted in gifting you this name that is easily shorted as RPK, and now the connection that leading member of the PR coalition is clearer to YL, the newshound.n Zorro claims he's the most senior of senors blogging, I always remind him I'm from Jurassic Park. It's nice, it rimes wit' a four-letter "F"*** word which is exclusively used civilly only in RPK's terrortry.

Anyway, as I was rambling, RPK's Dad is to be congratulated for having a single 'd' as in Kamarudin.

Can you imagine if it was a double 'd' as in"...... ddin"?

The whole blardy roof at Lake View Club would have come tumbling down!
And those poor guys at Bukit Aman, their days to join the late SA of Ijok are premature -- many have not tasted the curry-wit-cilipadi that RPK serves.
Maybe for once the Peace Hll could do wit' a double the desibelles -- then the 'hole blary building would come tumbling down the hill. What great fun-D --- then Rockybru could re-build for Lake View a brand new building rivalling that Palace of Justice! -- wit' a function room that can take at least 5,000 for BUM2009!:) -- Yes, I am ever the Optimistic writHer on Sundae, steal knottyaSsusual:)"

No comments: