My Anthem

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Empty vessels, Half-baked cakes

Empty vessels make the most noise,
Desi did not invent this saw.
Someone wiser and earlier sang,
And followers echo with such a bang,
It became an o'er-quoted saying, dang!

Good girls make tasy cakes,
To win over the young lads' hearts.
Yeah, another oft quoted line,
The way to aman's heart is via his tummy.
So damsels afraid of spinsterhood maketh cookies yummy!

But some adults make half-baked cakes too,
Singing quite out of tune.
A leopard does not its spots change,
A lion's mane does not its coat disdain,
So he maketh noise of rising decibels!

You can tell, I can tell,
Half empty vessels maketh the most dangerous noise.
Yeah, I know the law, you're just nosey boys,
If you don't agree with me,just list'n,
Otherwise, you can go to hell!

All's well if only the ending is swell,
The endis not yet in sight.
You poor fool, winning battles, but losing the war,
'Cos your cakes are half-baked, you got diarrhoea,
And your chorus boys join in wild hysteria!

Can ye lawyers all,
Don't just show your ball.
Everyone has got one,
It's not that damsels don't have one,
When they sing the right note, the war is also won!

2 comments:

Arena Green said...

I didn't turn up for BUM2008 and Desi refused to wish me Happy Mother's Day this year. :(

OK lar - next year if I make it to BUM can I make lots and lots of empty vessel type noises and drive Desi up the wall with my half-baked cakes?

chong y l said...

am:

wee hours of the following morn
ap AP ap mum's day
tho mum is the word
it's the HEart that wishes Thee
and awe my ER wit' kids in tow
It's your dae, have a nice cake on Desi, wit' a bow:)
a meow, a moo and a milky coww:)

PS: kambing to lingam's mGf in hyde-ing? Ayam holding kopi for ewe!