My Anthem

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Optimism versus Negative Forces

Today's post is instigated (contrasted with "inspirted") by a few "negative" forces I encountered in Blogosphere, especially via "Comments" channel/s,both mine and at a few of my buddies' (they know who they are:).

As a writer, I believe most people gifted with the talent with a flair for words -- I use the term "wordsmithry" though I ain't sure if it's available in the Oxford dick -- use it as a positive instrument. In other words, I postulate that most writers are by nature OPTIMISTIC in their works. I know I am and I try to encourage such positive vibrations in the people I interact with, whether in person or via cyber-space.

But a recnt few encounters with what I term "negative forces" forced Desi to DELETE several comments and at a last resor, give fair warning to these "grating" voices that they are BARRED from my Blog.

It's Desi's Place, and Desi the woner lays down the rules -- this warning is spet out to at least two such elemnst "sad pipe" who doesn't have the balls to properly ID himself/herself, and one YapChongYee who just doesn't follow certain norms of ethics and etiquette as a Guest visting other people's abode/s. There is an unwritten code among civil society members that there is mutual respect between guest/s and host; otherwise, there is NO MEANWHILE CONVERSATIONS, so the Guest/s must leave, not the option of the Host must cease.

I have been advised by several Blogger-mateys to activate "WORD VERIFICATION", or hold the Comments for moderation, but I am reluctant to do tis as I believe in SPONTANEITY in conversations with my ESTEEMED READERS (ER). "Esteem" means a respect which lays a burden on both parties -- Host and guest -- and so it takes two to tango.

On this reluctant note, I hope I have got my message across very clear that while I hold dear to the credo promoted by VOLTAIRE in public discourse, I won'tlietrally "defgend to the death" some moron's right to go off tangent from the TOPICunder discussion to rant and rave like a mad man promoting hatred and disharmony. That can be done at an asylum, and even then, he/she must pay for his/her own treatment.

There is no such thing as a free lunch in this world.

I want to continue to write, and I am proud of my endeavours doing my litle bit/byte for Malaysia, let no negative forces stop or deter me frommy optimism.
And I especially abhor morons who wear the cloak of being "martyrs" exiling themselves to foreign lands ("I am afraid to come to Malaysia, they will arrest me under the ISA!" is their mournful defence... F*** you, don't put yourself up on such high pedestal! is Desi's disdainful response...) when the TRUTH is that they have departed as PR to their adopted country seeking what they deem greener pastures, and most times, have ONE LEG there and another back in their land of departure. Safely escounced in their new "home", they then let fly with their condemnations of their previous homeland (i this case, NegaraKu) and then make victims of those who stay back in Malaysia to genuinely fight for their homeland, for better or worse.

These are scumbags of the worst kind I do not even wish to dignity with a second word -- SO FARE THEE WELL WITH NO REGRETS FRO DESI.

No comments: