My Anthem

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Will I get A-Joker?

When lucialai.org obliged with more info on the Asia Blog Awards, it simplified Desi's blogging life. So the lazy bummer in me jest *++Cut&Paste. Santa Lucia, you can send Desi a Bill, won't kill it, but I'll write thee a kangaroo cheque, picked up a pile when I once worked for the Oz gomen.

*++asia blog awards
POSTED@lucialai.org: Friday, 8/09/06, 1:36 AM FILED: announcement, blogging

some of you might have forgotten about the asia blog awards which i posted about in the month of june . more than 100 people had visited the asiapundit website to nominate thier favourite blogs. if you want to know whether you blog had been nominated or who were the ones who nominated you, click here.
well, nominations had closed and now voting begins! the first set of nominated blogs are out and you can see them here.

i understand from reading the FAQ in the asia blog awards site, that there’ll be 4 rounds of voting. so these 10 blogs are only the first round. there’ll be another 3 rounds of nominated blogs up for voting soon… and final round will be in march next year (er… hope i’m right… correct me if i’m wrong). wah! so long eh! why break into quarterly rounds? personally i don’t like this idea. too long a time, people will lost interest (or forgot) in the awards. it’s better to have a one time voting during a one time period and get it done with. well, whatever, let it be since i have no say in its ruling.

do go and vote for your favourite blog, ok? me? i spy only 3 worthy good blogs that i like… and my vote goes to the one from the asylum.++**


The Bee Gees are still haunting Desi; mayhaps my mind was too caught up with Da Darkness when the lights all went out in Massachussets.
Or was I still recalling the fondness of the First of May, shared fondly with another gal from nigh Catsville, da hoRst @yantouch.wordpress.com
September is the month when poets, or Poet-asses-pirant, Try to Remember.Traditions are important to upkeep. For keeps'akes.


So somehow, I think there is Another A-Joke in the Air?

Lucia broke the nu'es that Desiderata was shortlisted among Ten Malaysians for the Asia Blog Awards NegaraKu category. I surfed over to her abode, and yes, Da PenangGAL was not pulling my legs. I think she was put off by the Dirty Harry lingerie-ing all over. I thanked this PenangGal, who's not afraid of B'g, B'd, Wolfish Koala Lumpuh as she ventured like Li'l Red Riding Hood into the capital city all alone, asking direction to Jinjang from any Joe public. OMG, I had to say another I.S.A. for her!

Desi admits he has a soft sport for PenangGals -- like Sabrina Tan and Theels, now addy Lucia -- who talk Hokkien in a sing-song voice, like the Eastern stars. I realy don't know how they differ from the Western stars; sorry I digress but you'd better get used to IT, as I deem it a Blogger's privilege to A-buse!


From the shortlisted TEN, one hoRst @fireangelism.com already posted about:

Is this a joke?

and she seems to ask similar questions to Desi's ~~ Great minds think A-like, Jokers seldom differ? Viz extract:

"So what do I get if I win this thing? Riches? Fame? Harem of virile sturdy boys? A spanking new Mini Cooperr? A holiday villa in Italy? A keg of whiskey? My URL tatooed on your asses?

Okay, seriously, who the hell nominated me for this?
"


Coincidentally, or Accidentally, maybe even Telepathically, a few days earlier I also wrote on

Who started A-Joke?

and partially extracted from the Bee Gees, is the refrain:


I started a joke, which started the whole world crying,
but I didn't see that the joke was on me, oh no.


And I ask of all my fellow bloggers awe -- old, young-er and nu'e, in all your naked glory -- Tell me, frankly and forthrightly: Is the Joke on Thee? Or on Desi?

OR will the greAtest joke be on the Three Musks--nominators-suspects-rites?

I think these 3 burgers-hoRsts have the Answer:
@howsy.blogspot.com;
maverickysm.blogspot.com;
anakmerdeka.blogspot.com.


Meanwhile, asiapundit.com, being the Organiser of ABA -- sorry earlier I referred to them as Orgasmniser -- now in its Thrd Year running, has announved to the www the Top Ten quarterly shortlist, comprising (drumroll...)


Best Malaysia Blog

The nominees for best Malaysia Blog Q1 2006/2007 are as follows:

Cheeserland
Clueless Person’s Lair
+Desidarata
++Fireangelism
kurtlow.com
*myAsylum
MySabah
Quaintly
** TV Smith’s Dua Sen



You will be required to rank all of the nominated sites so please review all of them before proceeding.

E-mail registration is required to participate. Your address will not be sold, given away or used for spamming. All collected addresses wil be destroyed within one month after the close of polling.

The poll will be launched shortly. Please take the time to review the nominated sites.
September 5th, 2006

DESI:

Code-ine:
+ This Blogger I don't know.
++ This one I mentioned above.
* This one I visited on Howsy's recommendAtion.
** This one I know who defines for blogsworld what SATIRE is.
The rest I 'm visit again&again this wickedend and try to mark them like a school teacher would, at tuition, as the incentive is BIG MONEY.

I urge my ER to join in the FUN-d by joining The Vote; the "d" was added by Desi in hope of BIG BUCKS like rain drops keep fallin' on my head! 20million is my tar to get, Remember, it's The Day after 9-11, of course, you do!

This hoRst won't mind if you don't give him one vote; jest gift him TWO will do! I'm sure most of my EsteemedReaders have either a spouse, a bf or gf, or a partner ala Sir John and Mr Furnish. Never mind if you don't catch Desi's DDC,
The Joke is likely to be on Me!:(

Seriously speaking, on a farewell note, VOTE the best according to merit. If Desi came out lust, it's OK, as Just being plunged into such company among the Top Ten listed A-bove o'lady made MyDie.SemuaNya Okay, as bidding has already started at eBoy for desiderata2000, according to my A-gent, sweetspirits. WE won't go Down Under. WE always look up as my A-bode is also known as My Blue H'aven!

Have fun-D will travel to se7enth heaven with thee:):):):):):):)

4 comments:

JOEPSC said...

Desi,

Congratulations on your nomination!

Wow, you'll be aiming for your 20 mega dollars soon, and your spirited destination will be a dream coming true. Sleep well and good luck.

chong y l said...

joepsc:

T'anks for barrelfool, now where's the briBe? Ooops, briDe with a G string?

We'' do a three-sum on the ridge when we get 20million -- the Indons called eBoy, according to Sweets' feedback, bidding in Rupiah!

I shouted SIN-dollars, and they left for their Ire-lands!
I'm steal al-ONE on my I-land...
T'anks agin for thy compeni.

Anonymous said...

no need to thank me, uncle desi. just buy me tiger prawns the next time i'm in kl (and managed to meet you).

yalah i went to kl alone many times already and stayed in quite a no. of hotels all alone in kl too. why fear eh? in life, one must learn to take risks! only then exciting!

actually i haven't vote yet... er... voting hasn't started yet, right? why announce the nominees already but not start the voting yet - strange.

chong y l said...

lucia:

I musti t'ankfools thee with tehtarik, bestA Haridas from Furong, will wash down Tigress prawns in Jalan Aloh!, then flied rice in Subang Jaya where people are NOT sombong but jaya, watelse, as I fleelan there lah! (Klsetrekker,ciom, so tracke Desi downer dare!)

Voting starts when ah -- brave PPGal, you Musti no, you bringer of da goOd nu'es in al its naked glory wat!