My Anthem

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

carat and stick

Wandering

some fogotten lines
a forgotten page
some forgotten times
a forgotten face

as a child with roving eyes
i want to wander
beyond the horizon of blue
to meet an imaginary you

soul to my wondering mind
echo of my beating heartstring
i see ache i see longing
in the imaginary face

are we both caught in the same maze
yet not meeting cos we're in
a different course
seeking touching
but there's no landing
just some faint echoes
maybe one day
we'll rendezvous
then maybe i'll taste
the nearness and the likeness
of me in you

till then sometimes
i rely on deja vu
realising an early rendezvous
with a once familiar face
now only an image on a page


Chong Yen Long
midnite sensation, 919, 200s'x

PS: The poem is dedicated to EsteemedReaders like Yan, Helen, FashionistAand mei0305
and joepsc and one dreamerI, poet asses-pirant like Desi; also some other ORI members of the G7 like Sabrina. Kyels and Sweets, also Primrose and John Little! wonder if I should exclude the last named as some Verrses of mine are meant to corrupt Y&A! Ah, never mind, as one MIA Imran used to say: Waste thy youth a mite!

So For Those who have declared they either APpreciate poems, or
have been touched to begin AP-ing pomes,
or they too are Wandering in the
windmills of their mind/mine.



Oh, Da Stick!




Desi has not been offering ChallengiA for a long, long time.
It's about time I do/did one, yes?
Teaser starter: And what type of Q is that, to start with?

That's unofficial, off course, now the FUN--d starts officially!

Q1:From The Star, page N19~~

Penang CM says FDI up 400% to RM4bil in 2005 since body created

PENANG: The Penang Government’s investment arm, InvestPenang, will not be disbanded as it has been effective in promoting investment growth.

Chief Minister Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon, who said this, added that there had been an upsurge in investments since the body was created in January last year.

He said last year’s total foreign direct investments (FDI) was RM4bil, compared with RM1bil in 2004.

“This means that the FDI has increased by 400%,” he told newsmen after opening Tanjung Bungah’s 'Clean Up the World' campaign here yesterday.

Poser to ER: Tell Desi what's the "ellor"?

Can you play Dr Watson and point out to this other DR that he has committed an "ellor" that's so elementary it's not even Maths. Arithmetic, mGf?

DESI:
Some reporter, a sub-editor, a news editor, and the CM's press secretary were sleepig on the job?

Q2:

First a short story, sent by mGf Jonathan via a brief videocast, titled KoreanClockLady:

Desi's recall is based on ONE hearing, so if the details are not accurate, jest enjoy the gist of the metal, okay?

Mat Salleh on a phone conversation with Korean Clock Lady.


MS: I have a grandfather's clock that needs to be repaired; I understand your shop can do it?

KCL: Yes, we do. How old is your cock?

MS: My clock is 70 years old.

KCL: Oh, 70 years is not considered old! How big is the cock? Is it metal?

MS: Is that so? I thought a grandfather's clock is considered old. It is 10 inches long; yes, metal.

KCL: A 10-inch long cock. Is there a winder so something? What's the problem?

MS: Yes, there is a hole at the back, I think that's for the winder key. The problem is I've lost the key, Can you fix the clock?

KCL: Yes, bring in the cock and we'll have a look.

MS: You have experts to repair my clock then?

KCL: Yes, we havemany certified cock experts. We have some 100 over such cocks to be serviced in our shop.

MS: Well then, I'll bring in the clock. Do you do the repair manually?

KCL: Yes, we will repair the cock manually. We are experts in repairing cocks using our hands.
:)
:)
:)

Poser to ER:

What do Koreans, Japanese and Chinoserie have in common in their tongues?

Klue:
Remember Dr Mahathir relating how the Japanese stewardess exdending a warm welcome to the air passngers, then wishing them: I hope you enjoy a conmfortable fright?

Q3:

Why do you think Desi often spell the third day of the week thus: wedNURSEday?

Q4:

KLUE: Related to Q3!

Have you noticed two Community Messages over Light and Easy the past month or so that have this word in common: MEDICINE?

Msg1 is smoething about "Laughter is the best medicine".
Msg2 has repeats of a jarring note about "Prescription Medicines".

Poser: What is the "jarring" note about?
And what the blardy hella are you doing about it? (How about a quick Msg3?)

PS: I did a quikkie Msg about S-mile, some time back, remember?


DESI: Sometimes I believe if pampers don't work, I'd have to use the Stick. After the Carrot.

There was NO RESPONSE, not 1, not even 1/2! to my Mondae's ChallengiA.Desi's more than a li'l disAppointed. DisAPointed with a capital AP!
Hence I'm reproducing the Quiz, and IF I DON'T GET ANY ATTEMPTS, 1/2 TRIALS, or FAKE
EXPERIMENTS to demo some sort of brainwork on thy part, dear ER, by COB tomorrow, which is wedNURSEDAY -- a day of ...? -- I'm no more writing any prose, or verse. Or anything worse.
And that's not a threAt!I am no UMNO or MCA Youth kaki. MIC? It doesn't feature on our horizon, so says Anak Merdeka and her cronies.

8 comments:

JOEPSC said...

Desi:

Many thanks for your wandering verse. I too am wondering if that image on page will materialise to match your discerning mind.

The DR is confused by 'increased to' and 'increased by'. The sum is increased to 400%, but it is increased by 300%.

The yellow people cannot manage 'L' with their tongue, so 'clock' is 'cock' or possibly 'crock'.

Fashionasia said...

OKla....i give face to desi and do the quiz. :>

Q1, its 3 fold increase therefore should be 300%

Q2: they can't get the L and R r(l)ight???

Q3: easy this one, desi visit the pretty nurse every weds!! must be the highblood pLeasure...hehe

Q4; dunno...

Helen said...

Q1 : If FDI was 1 billion in 2004, 100% increase would equal 2 billion rite? 200% = 3 billion, 300% = 4 billion and 400% = 5 billion?

Q2 - What do Koreans, Chinese and Japs have in common with their tongue? Errrr, I'm tempted to say many amazing feats K/C/J can do with their tongues but I know you don't want that on your blog hor? :-) (but knowing me, I'm sure Desi knows what my filthy mind is thinking...)

Q3 - WednuRseday? Mr Desi is fond of the purring cat. Think Cheshire Cat...

Q4 - I'm lost in wonderland... I need my medDEEcine. lol

I like your 'wandering' very much. Don't wander too much, OK? I know for a fact we WILL meet one of these days. That's for sure! :-)

chong y l said...

joepsc:

I know you're the reliable Sports!
Score bullseye on 2 of 4: 50% right!
Or isit 75% by DR Koh's calculation? (Bow my head to be raedy to be sent to Ipoh church Da Korner!:( Or now Penang church? 4 Knotty Teh-C!

chong y l said...

fashionistA and helen :

I truly like/enjoy your answers. Given in the same way as Desi giveth the pun-fun-D!

When Desi combine Both my fave poetic as'pirant-frens 2B,you're almost there; therefore the Score:
75+% RIGHT!

FA: to Q3, your answer is RIGHT in da spirit of it! But the fool answer will "hold" till tomorrow, can?

Helen: to Q3, your answer is "suggestive", which is definitely NOT a crime, could be a creamer on tiop of Pastries?
Yeah, will leave it till tomolo, maybe mGf Howsy may provide "100%"- correct answer by 'tis midnite!:(

Q4: helen, you're SPOT on -- now go send msg3 to Light&Easy!
I had done one, a secodn from my Mentee will jest them UP!
Also request Caroline & William on the morn show to play "Sweet Caroline" for US BLOGGERS l;ah, in acknowledgment of OUR CONtribution to raise standards!:):):)
Send them 3 laffs/lurves from FaTsyehn, HellaNotDestroy! and offer teh-C without sugar.

chong y l said...

PS: Ooops, must remember to send lurving from across the Cosway -- Joepsc wants to build bridges between our two countries -- in da spirit of Pak Lah, who BTW, also likes Poetry. I quoted him somewhere in my forestry of words -- Searrch da arghh!kives!:)

Maverick SM said...

Parables are Parables and innocents are ignorance too.

You got to explain and made our heads lighter, ok?

400% is right; that's the total mah! It's arithmetic not mathematic or statistics.

What we should asked is: the issue is between SME vs MNCs? The complain was the vendors, not the big guys!

chong y l said...

maverick sm:

Was the poem on CigaretO aka Marlboro Man a Parable?

Moral of da story pls?

Me making ER life lighter? Light Up the cigie/cigar for damn?
No Man, I don wanna shorten their life -- Desi wants to see V3030!