My Anthem

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Who Started A-Joke?

Desiderata, as many ER would know by now, always enjoys songs as they are poetry set to music as also by now you'd know Desi shamelessly self-promtes hmself as being an Poet-aspirant.
Sometimes like thick-skinned politikus, a writer must trumpet his own songs.

From my collection is a favourite Bee Gees' "To love somebody" album which has this
self-deprecating lament. I prefer to put IT as a question like WHO SAJ?


I Started A Joke


I started a joke, which started the whole world crying,
but I didn't see that the joke was on me, oh no.


I started to cry, which started the whole world laughing,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I'd said.

Til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.


I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I'd said.


'Til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was one me.



Joke1?from theSUN Sept 4, 2006, frontpage~~

No standard!
KENG YAIK BLASTS POLITICIANS WHO RAISE RACIAL ISSUES TO FURTHER AMBITIONS



KUALA LUMPUR: "No standard politics!" That was how Gerakan president Datuk Seri Dr Lim Keng Yaik described the politics of those who use the racial card to further their political ambitions.

Warning that their actions would create disunity and divisions within the multiracial country, he branded those who exploit racial issues to climb the political ladder as "opportunists".

Racial issues should be raised at the proper forums, Lim told the media after closing the party's 35th delegates conference yesterday.

By raising them openly, "putting on the face of a Chinese chief minister (Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon) and taking pot shots at him", only shows these people have "no standard".

"I can see the opportunistic intentions of those who exploit racial issues a mile away," he said.

"I do not care who they are. They are not fit to be political leaders. And I do not even want to waste my breath replying to a young man who employs outdated and `low standard' politics."

Although he did not name the "young man", Gerakan expressed displeasure recently over statements made by Umno Youth deputy chief Khairy Jamaluddin that the Malays in Penang had been marginalised by the Gerakan-led state government and that they did not enjoy development as the other races in the state.

Lim lamented the rise of racial politics in the Barisan Nasional. He said it is a disturbing trend because the struggles of the coalition are for the well-being of all the races.

The trend of highlighting racial issues in the media or in public is outdated as this strategy was used in the 1950s and 1960s. "Now we are in 2006 and they still play racial politics. I'm glad Gerakan has not responded to all these useless racial criticisms," he said.

:
:
DESI1: Did Lim Keng Yaik, two decades in BN politics, suddenly wake up to find himself a Rip van Winkle?

Did Lim Keng Yaik start A-joke?



Joke2? From The Star, page N8, Sept 4, 2006~~


‘Stop exploiting race and religious issues’

KOTA KINABALU: Political parties and non-governmental organisations should promote harmony and understanding to strengthen the Malaysian society, said Umno vice-president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.

“They should focus on creating harmony, rather than dissent, and understanding instead of conflict, among the people.

“This is the type of initiatives we all want to see,” he told reporters yesterday after opening the Papar Umno division meeting about 30km from here.

He said this when asked what his advice was to political parties and individuals raising race and religious issues.

The Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry Minister said the Government would be happy to see positive intervention by all groups to promote greater understanding among the people, instead of harping on differences.

Those raising issues related to race and religion, he added, must heed the Prime Minister’s advice to stop bringing up these matters.

“No debate on such issues should be considered tolerable because it might create problems within society,” he said, adding that those involved in such debates did not have other issues to exploit.

Muhyiddin said their actions and statements only created ill feelings and if they had things to resolve, they could make representation to the Government or even meet the ministers concerned to clarify matters.

The rights of all Malaysians, he added, were enshrined in the Constitution and protected through government policies that had taken into account the interests of all races and religious groups in the country.

“Everyone has a share of the economic pie,” he said, urging all groups to refrain from exploiting race and religious issues as the Government was trying to focus on the implementation of the Ninth Malaysia Plan and other socio-economic development agendas.

DESI2: Did the UMNO politicians wake up after some four decades to suddenly realise from among their midst had risen modern clones of Melaka-in-the-15th/16th-century folk heroes brandishing keris like Hang Tuah and Hang Jebat?
Did this UMNO Vice-President, just a few breaths away from the UMNO Presidency -- hence the Premiership of NegaraKu -- suddenly wake up on the nation's 49th birthday another Rip van Winkle?

Did Muhyiddin Yassin start A-Joke?

Joke 2B? From The Star, page N8, Sept 4, 2006~~

Khairy to wait for BN meeting to explain

MALACCA: Umno Youth deputy chief Khairy Jamaluddin will wait for a Barisan Nasional Youth meeting to be convened to explain a remark attributed to him that component parties would take advantage of the situation if Umno became weak.

Umno Youth chief Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein is expected to set the date for the meeting.

“I'll wait for the date and we will discuss with Barisan Youth on how to strengthen unity, co-operation and relationship,” he told reporters after opening the Tangga Batu Umno Youth, Wanita and Puteri delegates conferences here yesterday.

He said the Barisan Youth meeting was the best forum to him to state the truth. “I don't want to discuss (the matter) in the newspapers because I know it's not constructive.”

Later speaking at the delegates meeting, Khairy said that a balanced income should be the party’s main agenda and there was no time for other petty issues.

“It has been 20 years and the nation is well developed in the industrial sector and others, but in comparison with the other races, Malays are still left far behind,” he said.

“We really want to see the improvement of the Malays, that’s why I voiced my suggestion,” he said, adding that the Government could consider studying the income gap among races.


DESI2B: Is this young upstart, and his MCA counterpart, Ling Hee Leong, the A-Joke 2B?

Joke3? From theSun page 2, Sept 4, 2006~~

Keadilan to fight BN in nine states




PENANG:
Parti Keadilan Rakyat adviser Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim disclosed yesterday the party would put up a fight in nine states in the next general election.

He said he would be in the frontline in Penang and his wife, party president Datin Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail, would be in the frontline in Selangor.

"Many do not see the strength of party Keadilan," he said at a press conference after Keadilan's annual national congress at a hotel here.

Anwar said that unlike the Barisan Nasional, where the races are divided among the component parties, it is multiracial in Keadilan.

"In Keadilan, it is a Malaysian party, all the races are comfortable together, and the party has a bright future in the general election," he said.

"Unfortunately, we die at the hands of the media.They are given instructions to black out anything we have to say, and the only media reporting Keadilan news are the Chinese papers.

"But we are going to fight and we are going to win."

Anwar also denied recent rumours that he has plans to rejoin Umno, describing them as attempts to create embarrassment for him, and confusion among his supporters.

"I even received an sms from one of my lawyers, telling me he met some Umno leaders in Kuala Lumpur who claimed they even have the forms and can show my application letter (to rejoin Umno)," he said.

"There has been a major shift towards Keadilan so there is no reason why I would want to go back to Umno."


DESI3: Is Sdr Anwar Ibrahim credible after some two decades in the Barisan Nasional. Did he also wake up as another Rip van Winkle?

Did Anwar Ibrahim start A-joke?



DESIDERATA:

Friends, Malaysians, countrymen, Lend me your years.
I'm not here to play any joke on thee.
I'm here to wake thee up and not become another Rip van Winkle.


I'm here posing you an important question regarding the three main speakers, plus one secondary, cited above.
These are some of the important Protagonists in the Epic Play
Being acted out now on the PWTC STage.
In absentia are the main Players, comprising:
current Prime Minister, his Deputy and a former Prime Minister, significantly, all from UMNO.

I ask of them: Who Started A-Joke?

And I ask of all my fellowmen, women, and youths, and children: is the Joke on Thee?

I hope you find some sort of redeeming answer before the next General Elections.
In fact, I pray that you find the one and only right answer before the next General Elections.
I:
S:
A:
men.

2 comments:

Maverick SM said...

Have we become a joke nation?

chong y l said...

mave: THat's a good description of NegaraKu at the moment -- esp with the behavior of so-called leaders guiding citizenry to V2020. I wonder should it the the Other way round? Agree? No collusion! Anak M is NOT around!