My Anthem

Friday, September 15, 2006

Voices of Harmony

Friday's childe wins at love, they say
In oyur arms, Friday was my day...
So Desi's write this cool morn must go my ER way
I pledge no DDC that Helen won't catch
I can't assure for the rest!:)

But to start/startle thee in good mood,
I give thee Stephen Bishop
It's not that Steven Calling @seefei.wordpress.com, not so good
That's a li'l saucyORsassy, mayhaps knotty, so I'll here STOP:(



All Of My Life

(It Might Be You)
~ Stephen Bishop



Time...

I've been passing time watching trains go by
All of my life...
Lying on the sand, watching seabirds fly
Wishing there would be
Someone waiting home for me...


Something's telling me it might be you
It's telling me it might be you...
All of my life...


Looking back
as lovers go walking past...
All of my life
Wondering how they met and what makes it last
If I found the place
Would I recognize the face?


Something's telling me it might be you
Yeah, it's telling me it might be you


So many quiet walks to take
So many dreams to wake
And we've so much love to make


I think we're gonna need some time
Maybe all we need is time...
And it's telling me it might be you
All of my life...


I've been saving love songs and lullabies
And there's so much more
No one's ever heard before...


Something's telling me it might be you
Yeah, it's telling me it must be you
And I'm feeling it'll just be you
All of my life...


It's you...
It's you...
I've been waiting for
all of my life...

Maybe it's you...
Maybe it's you...
I've been waiting for
all of my life...


Maybe it's you...
Maybe it's you...
I've been waiting for
all of my life...


When I was starting my career as a journalist, there wre many incidents which tested my conscience in holding on to Ethics in Journalism. There is this burning idealism in Desi then and now to seek the Truth in what I wrote/write, and that one's conscience is left appeased at the end of every working day, so the sleep is sound and safe.

I'm writing all this in the present tense. Because I believe some things remain constant. Another constant is Change. Tensed was I when faced with opposing thoughts, contentious views, and worst of all, with contemptious counsel, from so-called seniors. They put thee down as a green-horn who would mature and be tamed by TIME. But even with passing time and ever-chaning tides, I find consolation and reinforcement of my beliefs when I see and hear some Voices of Harmony.


Yes, TIME.A good teAcher.
Ever changing, bringing tides of different forces and impacts on every individual's transient journey on this Good Earth.
But some times we forget ourselves, and allow TIME to ravage us. Eroding the inherent GOoD in us. Instead of growing Up, we grow Old.

TIME - That was the initial word to the song above -- such beautiful lines to make my day.
Haunting images,
Youthful reflection,
Despite the passing TIME,
The idealism remains.

Much matured like ageing wine. Nevertheless still as precious.
Except one is wiser with experience. Some bitter. Nevertheless teaching. Reaching. Enriching, the lust hopefully.

Today's Post is partially "motivated" -- I don't know for the life of me why some Aussies preferred 'instigated' -- by mGf nigh Catsville@yantouch.wordpress.com's Post on that fateful day five years ago that claimed some 3,000 lives -- mostly innocent, I believe -- at the New York World Trade Centre brought down by "terror" bombs in the form of two air-liners crashing into the two towers.

Partial quote of the poem she recalled ~~~~~~~

from:


If Tomorrow Starts Without Me

Monday, September 11, 2006

"When tomorrow starts without me, and I’m not there to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyes all filled with tears for me;
I wish so much you wouldn’t cry the way you did today,
While thinking of the many things, we didn’t get to say.


I know how much you love me, as much as I love you,
And, each time that you think of me, I know you’ll miss me too;
But when tomorrow starts without me, please try to understand,
That an Angel came and called my name and took me by the hand,


The Angel said my place was ready in Heaven far above,
And that I’d have to leave behind all those I dearly love.
But as I turned to walk away, a tear fell from my eye,
For all my life, I’d always thought, I didn’t want to die..."


Desiderata
knows he has a gift God given to write spirited prose and poetry ~~
but whe it comes to understanding the human spirit and the eternal conflict within each individual' daily life and struggles, I steal peeps and peeks into Yan's A-bode to see some light.

I'm saying this not to butter Yan though she served up good CON BF if I guested at Kuching's (Sherwood?) Inn ... I'll always remember Kuay Chap with her bestA friend, quite a nu'e babe at blogsworld resident at @patchwork.wordpress.com, whom I was privileged to have befRiended about three months back? How TIME flies and I have gotten wings yet.


Let's see if these two buddies at Catsville have somethin' -- like spunk or punch? -- in common? Patchwork wrote ~~~~~~~

"The Woman

August 19, 2006 at 3:02 am


"I don’t like bullies. I don’t like being bullied and I don’t like others to be bullied, especially women. I believe in standing up for justice. Hey! Man, you may have your say too. I was pondering on how tough a woman can be and their worth. I was pondering upon myself, who I am and where I am heading. Coincidentally, I received an e-mail from a male colleague who sent the following write up of “The Woman” (a conversation between an Angel and the Lord). I thought it was sweet and I want to dedicate it to my women friends to tell them how fantastic they are and to my male friends as they need to be reminded. Author unknown When God created woman he was working late on the 6th day. ..."

Dear Other ER: Pay my EsteemedReaders-cum-Blogger matey a visit -- I collect 30% conmiss... for this promo-emo.

I always end on a four -- Fei, See!:)
Desiderata hopes he did not commit an erratum, so if you find This Voice dis-CORD-ant, just say that Teh-C is not thy cup of tea. How about Cafecino-roseserie then?.
OR One man's meat is another lad's Poison.
FAshionistA -- your frangrant -- or isit flagrant -- perfume for toDIE?

Sighted at Mkini's Letters Calumn:



We are left with four choices

Umar Mukhtar
Sep 13, 06 5:03pm


While it is almost delightful that our dirty linen is washed in public by someone no less credible than the father of Malaysian political dirty tricks, one worries if the Malaysian public is getting used to all these hanky panky, with the resigned acceptance of a muted flock.

It shall certainly be so, if we feel that the recent revelations are inevitable trappings of the BN brand of 'political stability'. Since we continue to believe that the BN is our only government of choice, our present choices for national leadership would then in reality be limited to just four:

A bungling simpleton still reeling from the wonder and bewilderment of finding out that the job of a prime minister is more than just about making people feel good, and his family feeling even better.

A proxy for a persistent old ex-dictator who overstayed his welcome because he is paranoid of being found out about whatever mischief he was up to.

A deputy and ‘lady-in-waiting’ whose resume among the grapevine is lengthier than his record of political courage.

And finally sadly, whoever that emerges from the comical crop of keris-wielding and biker-loving young apprentices in patronage-politics of Umno Youth.

These are our passive choices if we choose to ignore global competition, a growing population and a shrinking pie, and for as long as the oil is still flowing. And we knowingly doing so at the peril of those who come after us.

Or shall we look at the present elite discord for what it really is – a mockery of the vote and trust we gave these leaders, and the sham they made of the democracy we hold dear.

Only then shall we be compelled to look harder at alternative politics and wield the courage to risk whatever that may come with change.

But change we must.

PS: L've to Awe, have a cup of teh-See,
Don't Ever Be Thou Knotty, That's Desi's terrortry!

6 comments:

Fashionasia said...

desi..
Really miss all your lovely poetic posts!! i'm hopeless...everytime i read some romantic piece my heart skips a beat...
so easy to fall head over heels ya!
So tomorrow is Malaysia's birthday...16th sept according to history books. ..
Will desi still berkibar the Jalurgemilang with head held high singing NegaraKu or sing "hang down ur head tom dooley...hang down ur head and CRY" ??

Helen said...

Just a thot... now that Desi is matured (old is taboo to both sexes, hor? :-))and wise, are you taming any green horns? :-P

I'm glad your belief is not swayed but re-inforced with time. I know there are not many individuals out there who dare make that claim. :-)

Talking about Adam and Eve, I'm reminded of an old joke I heard.

Adam was bored in the garden of Eden. He told GOd he'll like a companion. The perfect companion. Nothing less. God agreed. Adam ask, "how much is it going to cost?"

God replied, "an arm and a leg."

"What? What would I get for a rib?"

The rest is history.

Maverick SM said...

Desi,

you were saying something about meeting for coffees at some place? Is is jesting?

chong y l said...

FAshionistA:

Ah, poetry, song and drinking wine -- the stuff to a maiden's heArt
Desi -- a trembling at FA's head over heels swoon
Be carrefool, no twiste heels, another so soon

No, Sept 17 I hope mGf at Catsville will do honours
But somehow I feel te mood is subdued
can't blAme Sabahans & Sarawakians
They often feel like second cousins

Still, we wish them wella
Have a balla
if steal can dance
sing and poem recite-lah!:)

chong y l said...

helen~~

I'm "taming" more than Y@A, even trying the "olde" foxes
I dunno if Desi can land in trouble or knot
You bail me out can
Ready with 20million 'man!

Adam and Eve should now re-APpear
Introseduce nu'e trend with FA
Make love and more amore
Make babes, not war
Olde fighting young
everybod is sore, bored?

chong y l said...

mave sm:

I'm serrriouuussss!
Check email, bring check2! ~~ Desi
knot writing potery for thee
Maybe offer teh-See at Jln Alor, LOL!

PS: Anak Merde -- IF interested, line to Mave, K!