My Anthem

Monday, April 10, 2006

Freelancing, Healthing & Soulmeeting

DESIDERATA is experimenting with English by coining new words; for the more sexy wordsmiths, NU'E WORDS, since Amber Chia has carried Malaysia's flag into new terrotry. Playboy is on the new Indonesian horizon, and some people are jealous.

Amber is colour for Preparing to STOP, as Green-eyed monsters are everywhere.

First definition, note the spelling, it has no "a", like in definite:

freelance. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.

...also free lance (frlans) 1. A person who sells services to employers without a long-term commitment to any of them. 2. An uncommitted independent, as in politics...

Freelance such as a freelance reporter (like Desi) who pets paid piece meal, or in kind; Warning: you go penniless if you don't work; and sometimes you go penniless even after you finished work, because the customer does not want, or is unable, to pay...:


Next:

According to Desi's Dick, nyet to be published:

Healthing, noun. ... Way or mode of living, or lifestyle, to ensure a longer lifespan. In mod use, a Combo word of 'healthy' + "living" as coined by a CON scribe who failed at Poetry so sidetracked in dy(E)ing days to be a wordsmith.
Healthing such as in Eating lots of greens, little or no nazi lemak, risking health by patronising joint selling steak, chick or lamb chops...
(PS: whether in Sri Hartamas, or by Fu Rong dusty roadsides next to Haridas tehtarik stall, you suffer the same fate, so my friend Helen who swears by IpohChickenRice minus the skin, tells Desi; a cowgal's word, NOT cowboy's ... there's a worlde of difference/deference.

Last definition:

Soulmeeting -- Noun. A meeting - solo or group - when the individual (solo) or particpants (group) examines/examine their souls and come up with a consensus if he/they go go to Hell, Heaven, or Somewhere In-Between.


According to certain beliefs, there is a term for the station in between - Purgatory.

The American GHeritage Dick again:

purgatory.
...Roman Catholic Church A state in which the souls of those who have died in grace must expiate their sins. 2. A place or condition of suffering, expiation, or remorse:...



NOTE:
Please don not confuse this word with 'SOULMATING', which Desi gave an introduction to just some days ago.

Desi (after long pause): Why the Catholic church link I don't know. From my non-religious reading, common literature also warns about that 'terrotry' called Purgatory. There was even a Western made carrying that name. They say (I haven't seen IT) this place is worse than Hell!:) I also know know how Hell lioks like -- Has any of my ER been "To Hell & Back"? I know one Audie Murphy went once, won an Oscar for IT, butt he ain't no more around Fu Rong.


By right,
today's Post title should be The Other Way Around...i.e.Soulmeeting, Healthing, and Freelancing.
Desi is either confused most times, but foolhardy some times, going up the Jalan Sehala, thinking there was possibly a Ha!-lia stall round the bend, remember?

Hence, Desi can be said to be living life dangerously. Priorities upside down. Inside out. There is a Barry White's song called ... I sang it the other way round -- You're My Last, My Everything, My First, under the view I could regain my youth...Dangeorus thought. My Y&A mentees, THOU SHALT FOLLOWeth ME NOT. See fei, heard me IF NO "see" Me, OK, but Hear Me!


As I was saying, life can be very harsh and hazardous. Often we don't get our priorities right. Correct that! I speak for myself. "Often I don't get my priorities right."

I told mGf Yan some months ago -- she's MIA for next 12 days because she's swinging some B'G projects in sinland or Paradise -- as far as my Health department is concerned, I live in Da Dark, choosing to follow the axiom that IGNORANCE IS BLISS. I mildly excused myself by quoting that "Man likes to live life danggerously." Man in the case refers to the less fair sex. So it does not refer to Yan, or many of my ER, I think more than half! (Mumbling to meself: Howsy may be jeles!)

The Mentor most times from nigh Nashville did not reprimand me aloud, but subtly gives a pinch on my sides which has been expanding equatorially ...luckily she's not Calamity Jane, or I may have to reach for the six-shooter.

But another sisdar far from Catsville has joined in the chorus in Desi's ears, hence REPRISING from Sundae Comments:

~~~~~~~
"The secret or not so secret to good health is a balanced diet. Too much dimsum or nazi lemak is a no no. But then the ordinary folks who get their daily meal from cheap ekonomi rice stall, dun get to choose the chef.... that is why, I dun see dimsum, roti canai or chicken chop on the menu.

Honor Among Thieves? The one by Jeffrey Archer? U like it? Maybe will re-read it again... I am bored reading my ALi Baba & the 40 thieves while listening to "I've Never been to me".


By Helen, at 9:17 PM

My quiet, like mousey, response, lowering tone:

"helen:
Mui mui, thanks for reminding this Recalcitrant one to watch out for JUDAS Sundae 10PM --
I think my hell -- oh, health -- is in mush neglect. Too mush Spa (No, not those at the 'otel-lah!) -gheti, Cowboy remember? Tehtarik, Nazi Lemak, Oh, yes My Sunday CON BF, double braed & BUTTer, ham, not sap, steak, no stick, lamb, yes, chop, chop, Chick, yes, chic as wella!

If no die'T, die lah, and it's Mon-die, Oz fren oso wanrs Desi: No birs! Di, dia, dian, "Diana, where art thou?"

By desiderata, at 11:04 AM


DESIDERATA 'fess: IF one lady says IT, that Desi is walking on a knife's edge, I can ignore. But two. That's tiptoeing Too Close to the Precipice.
"Ignorance is NOT Bliss." That's very loud and clear. Ah, I'm edging towards Confess, even on Monday. Sundae is s'x days away -- too far away.


Especially when theSun page 27 today adds salt to the menu:

"PLUG THAT PRESSURE"

Willingness to commit to lifestyle and diet changes
can lower high blood pressure in the long run


PEOPLE
who really can commit to diet and lifestyle
changes for the long haul will see the benefit
in their blood pressure, according to researchers.

In a study of 810 adults with elevated blood pressure,
investigators found that those who were given a lifestyle
overhaul were generally able to stick with the paln for
the 18 months they were followed.

Moreover, their risk of having full-blown high blood pressure
was abiout one-fifth lower than that of study participants
who received only advice on lifestyle changes.

The findings, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine,
whos that people can change tyheir behavior for the long term,
according to study co-author Dr William Vollmer of Kaiser
Permanente Northwest in Portland, Oregon.
:
:

(GO read the full report -- Reuters)



"A long happy life"

OPTIMISM,
a balanced diet and a daily routine
are the keys to a long and heathy life,

according to scientific studies analysed by a
German women's magazine.

Genetic factrors account for longevity in lonly 25% of the
world's population. For the rest, it is the way they live
their lives, the magazine Fuer Sie (For Her) reported,
quoting a Swedish study.

:
:

(GO read ... -- dpa)



My dearest EsteemedReaders, it's ben a fruitful ong day. Yestyerday was also pretty l;ong and fruitful Helped out a former colleague at a mainstream paper who just joined Desi's platform of Freelancing. "Welcome Charles M, Be Prepared for the life of a church mouse like Desi. But if you behave like a Boy Scout, some of these guides may just help you move nearer to Paradise, by the JalopyRides&WRitesBoard Lights.

Please accept my sincere APologies and excuse my metaphorical misusage and abuse, may cause thee IndigestionORdigressionORindiscretion; whatever! Wordsmut.

Send the medical claims to Charles. Maybe he's related to Peanuts creator.

PS: Helen MuiMui, if I repent like Judas, and also join Dr Elie and his 40 thieves in their cave, will I get to live to 120? Okay, I promise I'd grow lots of veges, I won't rear any ayam dan itik. Just one or two lembu for the susu, to go with my tehtarik. Remember -- A-writer's brew.

4 comments:

Howsy said...

Hey Desi, I'm not jeles of Amber Chia lar...just wanted to defend the term 'Playboy Playmate' or 'Playboy Girl', that's all; not that I've been reading that a lot ;)

chong y l said...

howsy:

Over here it's a Holydae!
I've just put up a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign -- I'm busy, the lights jest turned AMBER, you see!:)

Lols, fro one lazy olde fox to a Young&Anglocised Cikgo!

JOEPSC said...

Amber Chia to Malaysia is as Tiara Lestari to Indonesia. They are pretty, no doubt.

chong y l said...

joe.psc:

I adore Stephanie Sun.
She sings, BI- or trilingual? somemore.
Pretty2.
Joe, is she your GalSextDoor?
whsiper, BT2US,: "Can INTRO, ah?"

NB: BT2US - Howsy and Desi were trying once to short for Between The Two Of Us...of course I won, he jeles summore, now Cat Sun2!

I didn't know lunduners oso kiasu/si-sue?