My Anthem

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Creatures Big and Small

There are two classes of poets - the poets by education and practice, these we respect; and poets by nature, these we love.~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of theSUN was smirking at Desi at the BF table this mourn,
maybe it's a Tuesday with Worries. Oh, not targeted at Malaysians like
Me. It's the Other Chinoserie Under Attack...

Snorers,
the skinny
and short
need not
apply to PLA


BEIJING: China's army recruiters can look
forward to a better night's sleep thanks
to a new regulation banning chronic
snorers from joining up.

One of a raft of physical and mental
traits banned from the army, the new
standards governing recruitment into
China's military schools also blacklist
drug-takers, tattoo-waerers and over-
weight applicants, newspapers
reported yesterday.

"Given that chronic snorers' sounds
disturb the life of others, a new
regulation ... has been added," the
Beijing Times quoted army official Li
Chunming as saying.

The Reuters reports adds that the hit-list bans the
short, the skinny and the fat. And applicants will
sit written psychological tests and their urine tested
for evidence of drug-taking.

The purpose is to bring modern recruitment procedures
tailored to the new youth of today's society.

To commemorate the new freedoms to creatures banned
for certain reasons of their anatomy BIG or small,
Desi lends his weight to the nifty situation at
the weighing-in ceremony:

Fat people are not welcome


I read the news in dismay
It's alright, fat people do have their day
The army says I'm exempt from recruitment
"Your weight is a deterrent!"


Unless you are less than 170 pounds
And can under 10 minutes do 15 rounds
And then skip for a hundred
Followed by 10 push-ups and
Last one punch-up with captain Mildread


It's okay, I'd rather be fat
Earning my mates laughs and scorn
The Commander says I can go home now
To all thee hunks,
I give my lowest fare-thee-well Bow.
I'm good for ever and now.
Back to Mama's kitchen
Instead of bullets and handguns
I have oh, so tasty, all sorts of buns
On peanut buttered bread I chow
Endlesly.
Famously.
Deadly.


So be it
At least I die at home
Where I'm welcome
.

6 comments:

Helen said...

Well, if Great Wall army is choosy, then in another few years' time, poor forsaken farmers from faraway land will have to send their kids to the army. These thin and lean farmers' children (not by choice of course but by hunger), will have chance to get 3 decent meals.
I doubt there'll be any thin and fit young men in the big cities... not with Mc D and the Western way of life there! lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Desi!!

Guess who??
It's been a long time too
How do you do?
Like me, I hope you've been fine too.

Funny post today I read
What a coincidence too if I might add
British lady too skinny they said
What will they think of me, me sked!

chong y l said...

Yvy @ ...;
Helen pls Q in line:

Poetry lovers like to go-stan and
Hence I welcome back Yvy who went on a hiatus
It's more Desi's a-Miss, having at Helen's church corner made a stand
Now revisit Poesy at Mistyeiz's corner I mus'

Yes, It's a long Inter:lude, I do remember
Official TT lad' you readily accepted Desi's offer
Accept my APologies if I did not leave fresher footprints
But I spied lots of thee, like mui-mui Helenic beaut too,
Dynamite characters of Ipohlang plus Lin Dynasty's brew

So How can I forget you?

chong y l said...

Helen:

Am I Xcused from Da Church Korner now
I've poured out the puur farmers' plight to Taiko Lin in a pow-wow
Now I hide in Desi's Place in Shame and head-bowe'
Downing 2 MacDees and Triple KFSees
On top of my Teh-C lust Sundae

But it was noble motivation
To stay out of Da Army you see
OtherVice, Ipohlang like thee (&Yvy?) suffer deprivation
Minus Desi's XXquisite tehtarik more than X-rated poesy

TH said...

Ah! Munching down my peanut butter bread for breakfast and halfway reading your blog, lol, what a coincidence.

chong y l said...

THeels:

Munching peanut butter on toasted bread
Makes my saliva flow and my cheels red
But don't you know here it's dinner time here, hey
Oh, you&Howsy soul'd out to Engrund
now luring mGf away

But still I won't complain
When SS Virgo in London runs aground
Make sure Malaysians have all to gain
Chettiar XXpecial - Change RM1 to 7 Ppound!