My Anthem

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

PRIMEDAY for hi-spirited HideAway!

Shortly after last Saturday midnight after watching MU defeat Fulham 3-2, I logged by and was notified by the criptic, short news break from SweetSpirit: Bali bombed again.

I can understand why Sweets is concerned as many Aussies, including some of her fRiends, enjoy going for a HIATUS in Bali, shortest tropical geAway for some romance from Australia. A that juncture there were no numbers update on casualties.

This morning has a Bluesy update, which is according to the New Straits Times, page 1 with accompany pix each worth a thousand words, and headlines that say it all:
GRIEF AND RAGE

Bali Horror
26 DEAD 122 INJURED


SUICIDE BOMBERS BLAMED

TEARS OF THE INNOCENT: Youri
Retno Adhi, 9, in shock on seeing
The body of her mother who was killed
In the Bali attacks on Saturday. – AP picture
SHE DOESN’T HAVE A MOTHER ANYMORE

For the record, the NST report said:
“Two Australians, a Japanese and 12 Indonesians were among those killed (yesterday). The 122 wounded included 17 Australians, two Americans, four Japanese, six Koreans and 49n\ Indonesians.

“The Malaysian Embassy in Jakarta said no Malaysians were killed or injured.

DESIDERATA: In planning your holiday travels, don’t follow the belief that The Postman Never Rings Twice!!. Trouble is, he sometimes visits tHRice!!! Play safe, as an echo from the past resonates:

On October 12, 2002, just before midnight, two near simulataneously bombs in a nighclub district on Blai, killing 202 people, most of them foreign tourists Thirty-three alleged Jemmah Islamiah operatives have been convicted so far.
It has been noted that the resemblance to October 1, 2005 bombs exploding at three crowded restaurants in Bali pointed to similar sourced terrorists groups for the blasts.

The mayhem continues, it is now not a question of IF, but of Where&When?


With all the negative news crowding the Malaysian and neighbourly scenes, Desi today takes a breakaway hiatus in Priming for Positive Insights, an extended stay on spititedestination mayhaps?

*
*
*
mGf Mr Coww has some GOoD news from over the weekend -- from mid-November he’ll dedicate himself fulltime to preaching the Word, something he has been preparing himself for a long time indeed.

If Desi has lauded any humans for dedicating themselves to Service Before Self, nothing beats these true answerers of that SpecialCalling. I am privileged to have one mGf being a selected Answerer.

I have also distanced myself from many Others who supposedly have answered such calls. No names here because those who eact cili padi would surely feel its hotness, Suffice to say I have tasted some bitter and gall from such people before I make such judgment calls, on their acts, not their being, though sometimes it’s difficult to separate the twain, if thou knoweth what I mean.

Many a time, Coww and I had spent hours, over glass after glass of tehtarik -- okay sumtimes we indulge in some nasi lemak dengan kaming dan telur mata kerbau against doc’s advice! – about the man in cloth.

OfTEN I have complained that they are just too many wolves in sheep’s clothing. I quoted one who preaches from the pulpit every Sunday but on weekdays, puts a dagger in his/her? Coleagues’ backs. Ouch, ouch!!

Coww said it’s to be expected, reminding that we must be able to:

DISTINGUIDH THE SINGER AND THE SONG.


Wise words. For more wise words, I had earlier visited Yan (http:yancorner.blogspot.com) mGf from Catsville always purr-fecting her meow-meow cat’ssong of praises, so here’s part-stealing, or isit STILLing (as in the calming effect on MondayBlues?).

"***Monday, October 03, 2005
Constantly in trouble

I like this description of a Christian by someone –

A Christian is one who is:
Completely fearless,
Constantly cheerful, and
Constantly in trouble.

Do I meet that description?

I have been in trouble recently. The trouble comes when I stand by my principle and would not compromise to protect my own interest. ….’’ Visit her Yan's Corner - In Touch for more priming ...
****"
*
*
*
*
So while I wish “pastor” Coww GodSpeed – and healthier lifestype trying to save sould of those who have souled out to the Devil (like Desi?), and Yan always STILLING myTroubledSpirits, I adjourn to Poet’s Corner for some food for the soul.

John F. Kennedy said of ROBERT LEE FROST: “He has bequeathed his nation a body of imperishable verse from which Americans will forever gain joy and understanding.” A four-time winner of the Pulitzer Prize for poetry, Frost created a new poetic language hat has a deep and timeless resonance.

I know Malaysia has no spring, summer, autumn and winter, but this is a globalised village, remember. Resonance, remember, although September has bade us farewell, October is still a –BER month of positive vibrations, according to one flower. So I envy mGf like Sweets and Sabrina enjoying their dance of life in the great outdoors these few months ending with –BER (as I also spy with envy a Primrose the other dancing pair of feet in her rose gard’nern…).

I’ll “spoil” the air for these springy souls DU and westernized (?) olde Malaysia,, so the poem’s relevance is more apt for those in the Northern Hemisphere as soon the autumn leaves would fall – Howsy, and Boringer, art theee list’ning? One man’s meat is another man’s croissant?

So finding some rest&rumination from Frostie’s

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of eay wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

-- Robert Frost (1874-1963)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Desi,

I love that poem from Frostie. Hehe!

chong y l said...

yes, kyels--this poem is somewhat neglected, comapred with The Road Not Taken.

I feel deep connection with this Frostie verses -- warmth of realisation of what solitued is amidst the cold wintryy isolation.

Howsy said...

Hey Desi,
Not been back to the UK yet; only next week. Still cherishing every single inch of sunlight and stuffing myself silly with the Malaysian space-mission worthy gastronomic cuisines while possible!

chong y l said...

Hi, howsy:

Am glad "patrioctic" Malaysians like thee are back here to help prime up the economy.
I know it's the tummy that spurs the action, WTH! it's GOoD justification.

Have you booked a place on that space ride? I've done mine -- I dunno know if the cheque will bounce -- I hear there's almost zero gravity UP THERE! I'm brining my coconuts along; Make sure shiuld you come on board,you bring some dough and eggs along.:)

Hey: If you're down in Seremban way, call HP: 016-2095561 after 8pm, will treAt thee to Haridas' tehtarik and two sticks of Ssatay!

chong y l said...

yan:

It's thee Imust thank -- for the inspiration and manna for the spirit&soul.

Sumtimes I feel souled out -- coping with this increasingly materialistic world; trying to seek warmth of spring from the cold of winter. Frostie and another Errrr-man help.:) ENJOY!