My Anthem

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

colours of my mind (plus IM)

plus IN MEMORIAM

The ORIGINAL CONTENTS of this post and associated comments have been PARTIALLY REMOVED by DESIDERATA on the early morn of Tuesday October 18, 2005 because the ReAson for those exorcised parts no longer exists or no longer applies.

The ANSWER lies within the initial paragraphs of the following article which first appeared here on one fine SUNDAY under desiderata.english.

And now it is time to move on. (From Desiderata to my EsteemedReaders, who will understand, if you plan to be my friend.)


Are you a Reason, a Season or a Lifetime?


People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are! They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered.

And now it is time to move on.

Then people come into your life for a SEASON because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real!

But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons: Things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.

It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.*** (ends plus IN MEMORIAM)

"MONDAY BLUES again INDEED. I see blues, I see grey, I see red,yellow & orange too; then I'm into Blue Horizon again! Reminds me of MGG PILLAI's chiaroscuro.


A surprising visitor to Desi’s Place last Saturday night lifted his spirits for a while, but subsequently his heart was saddened, then depressed. Hence the disquiet over the weekend.

As I am heavy of heart, I sincerely seek surprise visitor johnleemk’s indulgence to be PATIENT, and let Desi rest his disquieted soul for a few days before pursuing his “highly refreshing” comments to my post “State of Affairs in Malaysia”.

Today, I am going on a MindEscapade with a few respected fRiends, starting with a group I deem a Shakespearean team appearing as 4-in-ONE called THE BEATLES.

from BBC NEWS / ENTERTAINMENT

Sunday, 16 October 2005, 12:28 GMT 13:28 UK

Beatles named 'icons of century'


The Beatles have beaten jazz star Louis Armstrong and TV actress Lucille Ball to be named icons of the century by readers of US magazine Variety.
It named the Liverpool band "the sole group who has most shaped the face of modern-day showbusiness".
The magazine ranked 100 iconic entertainment figures from the last 100 years, with industry figures drawing up a shortlist that readers voted on.
What a Wonderful World singer Armstrong came second, with Ball in third place.
Among the criteria for choosing "icons" were their commercial and creative impact, number of imitators, enduring appeal and whether they appeared on T-shirts.

ICONS OF THE CENTURY

1. The Beatles
• 2. Louis Armstrong
• 3. Lucille Ball
• 4. Humphrey Bogart
• 5. Marlon Brando
• 6. Charlie Chaplin
• 7. James Dean
• 8. Marilyn Monroe
• 9. Mickey Mouse
• 10. Elvis Presley

Source: Variety magazine

The list aimed to represent every side of showbusiness, including actors, directors, screenwriters, musicians, TV presenters, animals, comedians and even cartoon characters.
However, its top 10 was dominated by Hollywood and music stars.
Despite the constant popularity of the late singer's work, Elvis Presley appeared in 10th place, below Marilyn Monroe and Mickey Mouse.
Among other names on the list were US TV host Johnny Carson, singer Johnny Cash and canine star Lassie.
Variety conducted the poll to mark its 100th anniversary. It did not reveal how many votes were cast. (ends BBC NEWS item)


To lift my spirits, yours too I guess, I’ve reprised one of my fav songs from the mop-haired boppers, ICONS dating from the 1960s but their Voices still resonate loud&clear, and relevant, sometimes both reverent and irreverent too, TODAY, even for a BLUES DAY.


Imagine
by John Lennon


Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky

Imagine all the people
Living for today...
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one


And finally, if this does not lift your spirits, it may yet jog some YoungMInds, from THE HORIZON YONDER: the verses may hit some chords with their infant heartstrings, and thus make them stay strong and steadfast through life's trials and tribulations, to fight another day, day after day!


Colour me not


You want to be the mould
Making me the clay to shape
But in your hands I can't bend
I can't grow


You want to be the painter
Making me the canvas
But I like not your colours
I even hate the frame!

Colour me not then
For I have my own vision
I'd like to weave my own hues
And define my own contours


You can't even begin the sketch, the outline
of my being
How can you start to add the strokes?

Leave me alone
For only I can feel the emotions in my breast


Don't colour me,
don't even try
For you'd only scar
The landcape of my mind


PS: The above pome is written from a YoungPerson's eyelens, hope it reflects some youth reality and thus make a connection with thee.


Sometimes, I don't know whether to laugh or cry for MY COUNTRY. Your Country, Our Country?


Hence, the DISQUIET REMAINS.

14 comments:

Sabrina Tan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chong y l said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chong y l said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sabrina Tan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dangerous Variable said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chong y l said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
imran said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chong y l said...

Brudder Imran: You said Let IT BE, twice, can you say after me:

LET IT BE ME...LET IT BE ME...

"SElamat Buka Puasa, wishing you all's Well, here and at thy place, and at Sab's, kyels, even at ABC's and ABM's, because I'm following the message in Kyel's post to day where I laso commented, preAching not my creed, from my sifu, Max Errr-Wat?-man, staring:

"GO placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peAce there may be in silence."

Brudder Im: Saalaam, dan Selamat Malam soon... I'll make it an early to-bed-early-to-rise nite, like you said: Time2Rise...earl at 6-7AM for a BrandNuDay!:) salute with a tehtarik plus Ha-Lia!!!:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sabrina Tan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
imran said...

Eh apa jadi to all the comments?

chong y l said...

Brudder IM:


I dapat telefon call dari adik Mike Jackson, dia minta nak pakai komen-komen sebagai lyrik dalam album yang akan menjiwakan baru "MJ LIVE from MALAYSIA" aka BolehLand!:)

Bila I dapat bayaran royalti tu, saya "tax" 30% untuk spiritedestiNASI dan baki itu akan diseronokkan oleh semua pekomen-pekomen-lah, fair-tak?
Jika nak buat apa-apa komplen atau rayuan kepada putusan Desi ni, sila email 999ylchong991desi994@ha-lai!.com, atau send bullock cart mail kepada Tyrant chinaman c/o chongchingchon, spiritedestination Negara akan datang 2020, off Terengganu, Malaysiii-aaa-aH.


Hey, bro IM:

PleAse go back to frontpage, reead itu plus IN MEMORIAM betul=betul, jiika tak paham, consult sisdar Sabrina, jika masih in the dark, berunding dengan sisdar kyels -- smartkid ini, mesti tahu jawaban kepada Challengia Desi ni.
Jika masih "ter dalam Haze, pergilah ke GRIK, consult bro SOCRATES, sifu philooosofar ini pasti bagi JAWAPAN YANG FINAL&MUKTAMAD.:):):):):):):)
from The Land of the SE7EN S-miles.

ARAHAN SERIOUS: brudder IM, hey, sila send msg sikit=sikit kepada:

chongyl2000@yahoo.com
INI mesti buat sebab nak arrange PRIZE PRESENTATION kepada adik ni dengan kyels,
satu kopi "A CHALLENGE TO LOVE"
oleh sisdar Catherina DC!!!!!!!