My Anthem

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Challengia: yummylicious bits and bites

DESIDERATA's Challengia has been won, not by one, by two challengees; and aptly in this world of gender equaity, one came via fe-mail from Catsville, and the other via (E)mail all the way from London but yet hiding back home on a suspicious mission. We are getting lots od contradictions here today, all because one honourable minister asked a fellow parliamentarian Go, jump in the lake, but he couldn't even if he had wanted to!


Is there an English HOWLER in “Kit Siang can jump in a lake”?

Yan said...
Hi, Desi,

My copy of NST reads - "Kit Siang can go jump in a lake"

If it's conversational, especially in the stage the "Iron Lady" is in, it's acceptable to me.

Otherwise, it should be "Kit Siang can go and jump into a lake."

Yan

12:30 AM


desiderata said...
Hi Yan:

This is the Challenger answering the Challengee:

CONgrats, You are RIGHT on the first attempt, also the first acceptor! So many First here -- First Lady ...first GoOD speechwriter ....

I'll make sure I'll deepfreeze the ONE SSatay -- a giant stick -- till when we meet down in the Seremban Maze.

Yes, parallel to "Out of the frying pan INTO the fire."
You can't jump when you're already IN the lake, unless like Superman or catswoman,she jumps OUT OF the lake. Maybe the Iron Lady did!:(

Hey, Yan, what do you think he first "ass" in SSatay stands for?

4:36 AM


Yan said...
Hi, Desi,

Wonder how Spiritdesination Satay taste like?

I don't mind being the cook there!

Yan

P/S This is posted second time. The first did not show up. If it shows up later with double posting, charge the "blogger".. Not my fault!

4:55 AM

Yan:

Your P/S isit Personal Secretary ran away with that stick of Ssatay and I'm steal trying hard to retrieve them, not her, so we can arrange for a PRIZE Presentation -- You the gallant one, Howsy the suspicious one (Xplain later), and Dangerous V who tried vely hard as he was so hungry fighting on many dangerous fronts! -- when the Malaysian Guinnesss Book of Records people will record the event for posteriority. TWO giant yummylicious SEREMBANSatay beats KAJANGSatay anytime! Of course, one more ordinary usual spiritedestination satay (on standby as the franchise name when we go International, 1/2 royalty goes to thee, Catsville import for OUR I-LAND COOK! or CHEF, grander sounding eh? as consolation for Dangerous V!


howsy said...
Hi Desi,

The first thing that came to my mind was...yes you are right...how can you jump when you are already in a lake? Should be jump into a lake isn't it? So shallow of her to make such a comment. That will drown Kit Siang off (if that was her intention) if the lake is deep and he doesn't know how to swim. Can't she think of more 'fight phrases' like 'Jump off a cliff or 'jump off a building?'

Better send her back to Standard One again. She has lost all her credibility all these years. Look at how she talked in the Parliament? Like a kepochi makcik. So unprofessional!

11:00 AM

DESIDERATA:

I smell as rat when some PhD student comes all the way back under the disguise of Makan-makan, but the mission is to "drown some pussy cat"? IN THE LAKE? Now, now, we want to enjoy the bourgeosie life summore, dont we, ENJOYOMG wat -- culinary delights fit for export to space nation? Those bloody Americanos and Russians and Chinamen would buy our SpiritedestinationSatay?
Hey, be carefool, nowadays if we don't watch it, they use the ISA on ppl who collaborate with those funny guys UP THERE -- they use the ISA on both the Suggestor, the Messenger, and the Laker (now we have an ex-ISA detainer for company! Wonder if our Opposition Leaders kNOws how to swim? Howsy, your next mission is to check this out.:)!
Hope it won't happen to Howsy, thrown into the cell I mean, NOT the lake, I know for a fact you swim very well, you mentored that Msian guy who swam the E.Channul, didn't you? Patriotic, man. Stay back for one more course (from a luvly Rose, no, not from Texas, or London, before you head back to London on a higher mission.
Also I pray this for mGf Yan's and my thin-skinned own s(H)akes.
I: i
S: say
A: amen



And from a Garden somewhere in big, bad wolfish Koala Lumpur (nice soil to bloom in), a
Primrose said...

I went missing a few days. :) But am back because I came to Desi's for teh tarik while bringing along some spaghetti to belanja you. :) No beef. Just chicken and err, bacon (psst, non-halal).

9:27 AM

DESIDERATA:

You made me salivate just with the pix, I think my tummy'll go dummy-mummy-yummy at the realthing.
But you made me work for the belanja, didn't you?
I checked the 'ick, and it clearly defines:
bacon n. pig's flesh (now the back and sides) salted or pickled and dried

And to the prime Rose, it says "now" the back and sides, previously? You're the Xpert in the KITchen. Thanks for the belanja with laugh.:) from Agent 001 minus One.

I also check'd "yummylicious" in the 'ick, but it refers me to a Rose. So I hope you come back to desiderata.english on sundaes and mentor Rafidah Aziz for sum English lessons. Desi would sit in as an obedient students2. Howsy may just stand there with a cane3. Yan would serve Catsville Ssatay for des(S)ert. Dangerous V will keep virgil by the door that the virginal English speAking Opposition does not jump in/into.

Lols, if Howsy's proposition and thesis come true, I may be able to lift some English to the queen's of the Bard (sounds like another dish?), who by the way,Primrose, HE ENJOYS BACON lots, that's why he writes such beaut, exquisite love poems. I'm steal trying to write those luv poems, but sumtimes I mix up my prepositions eg. into for in, out for outside, beside for besides, you get the hang (as being hanged by the neck for being knotty), or drift (as drifting into the lake!
:):):):):):):) SEVEN laffs at two outstanding, or outsitting, or outdrowning, Yang Berhormat thus mo(U)rning.

Dear EsteemedReaders, for steamy spaghetti, please place orders at http://primroses.blogspot.com

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Primrose said...

Hehe! Yummy+Delicious is yummylicious. SSatay? My first thought was SerembanSatay.

Yes, yes...come taste my spaghetti. :) I'll make halal version if you so wish too. :)

chong y l said...

primrose:

you missed the date by about 11 hours --i know you're beesy in the KITchen; it's alright, I have sum timum, inions and oooh nuts kuah -- may go swimmingly well with your Spaghetti.

Well, I've placed my SE7EN orders.

Daer Hungry¬sosteamedReaders (a li'l Angry waiting their turns to order) -- pop by the yummylicious Primrose's KITchen -- like Yan, maketh goodereth Chefs on spiritedestination!:):).

Sdr Imran and h j angus and sdri mito-C (where art thou? come join the feasting -- this Generous Rose even caters for Halal orders! -- not at Parliament House, there it's roasting or laking), but at the Rose Garnern, somewhere in wolfish Koala Lumpur!

Howsy said...

Hi Desi,
I apologise if I had put you in a vulnerable position to be snapped up by ISA or Bukit Aman boys. My intention was not to jeopardise your blog. Just that more skeletons were being let out recently and they are still making up stories and blaming others to cover up their gluteus maximuses.

NST today has a correct grammar of 'into the lake' and Kit has thought of a better 'fight phrase' like 'jump from Petronas Twin Towers' (check it out at this weblog).

chong y l said...

howsy:

no worries lah for Intro me to BAman (I already have a file there o'lady since AHC dies ...:) -- what I'm fishin' for is sum company, man, so I don't have to laff alONE!

as for Rafidah's misquoted English, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt -- it's the NST journos methinks are the culprints -- from reporter, to sub, to news editor and chief-sub -- I was almost goin' to write cheap-subs, then the Russians may get me for running down their sales to Mindef!:( More ISA, lols! I hope the NST does not pick this up. When I said in jest may be taken seriously against me -- in the courts less the jester.

Pardon me, HOWsy, while I adjourn to look up (to CONfirm my vague educated gu'ss -- posteriorOROppToFrontsides? what's " gluteus maximuses " in my 'ick, please adjourn to Primroses garden for some SpaRghetti ... take my offer of tehtarik with thee:) Send the Rose my cool lakey regards.:)

I checked the Petronas Twin Towers -- didn't see that Frenchman Spidie doing' his act there in the hotsun at 2PM; maybe 2AM tomorrow -- like what MPS are used to -- in the steal of the night...
I: i
S; s
A: amen,

This play=play is for mGf heading back to London -- or Timbuktu on detour? -- hope those fRiendly guys from PeaceHill don't stop you at the KLIA; sorry if I put thee in any cool soup for my ramblings. Off course agin!:(

Anonymous said...

Desi,

What is all these about? Me missed so many things in one night... Was in the hostel (friend's place).. No internet access... Boo hoo.

chong y l said...

kyels -- no worries, you did not miss as much as we miss you taking part in some SSatay games involving Satay name and English grandma speaking at Parlimen House -- nowadays rojak Ingerris also-can-one.

Hope we bloggers are not asked to jump off the Petronas Twin Towers becos we seem to be poking holes at the MPs' attire, satire or ... I'd better retire or I'd confuse YoungKyels summore ... please visit PrimRoses at her gardnern now, not for flowers, sum Sparghetti-lah, washed down with TTarik, off course!:)

PS: If you really want to solve your dilemma, read the previous day's post.:) Sorry I can't summarise for thee, it's springtime o'lady!

Howsy said...

Gluteus maximus is a...er...more polite term for you backside a.k.a. bum a.k.a. arse.

chong y l said...

howsy:

sometimes being overly polite may not raise our knoweledge level -- I gu'ssed it was referring to the backside, bum -- but arse? I remember in the olde days of the TV series "Mind your language" -- the Japanese students was definitely not polite, consistently asnwering; Arse-so!:)

I better mind my language before my 'steamedReaders desert me:(

PS: Howsy, how come you didn't meet me at Haridas' for tehtarik and that stick -- Ssatay, man, the best in NS and the 'hole of Malaysi-i-a-a.

Howsy said...

Hi Desi,
I'm still in Ipoh, mate; leaving back to the UK on this Sunday. So not passing through Seremban. :)

chong y l said...

Howsy:

you must be eAting two plates of the Ipoh chick rice, rite? The one with taugay, the vege .. not mixed with towkay, the moneybag!


Bad news (sorry to spoil thy lunch/dinner) -- Haridas has received Town Council notice to vacate the place by the roadsie serving the best TetTarik for some 10 years now?

Ooops, I can't hoRst any of my EsteemedReaders if they don't accept my standing invite before December 2005, LATEST!

But I'd know where he'll (his sons actually run the stall) -- I'll assure I'd miss the ambience -- the nasi tastes better yummylicious (thanks primrose for adding to my ltd vocab, big gap i do have) with a touch of seremabn haze lubricants, and the Ttarik tastes yummier with some rich Petronas fumers melding into the H2O!:)