My Anthem

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ah, finally Haris Ibrahim recants...

AND WOULD DESI give him "benefit of the doubt"?

No, it's NOT MINE to give. It's father TIME who would finally hand down the TRUTH, and the TRUTH SHALL REMOVE ALL DOUBT!

From the People's Parliament, BADder later than NEBber, ala Hey Jude:)~~~~~~~~YL, Desi, knottyaSsusual



Posted on September 23, 2012
1

“Am I making a racist statement? Am I instigating racial hatred? Is what I am doing dangerous considering that racism in Malaysia has reached a dangerous level never seen before since May 1969?” - RPK, in his ‘Cina sudah kurang ajar! Dah lupa 13 Mei ke?’ post.
The excerpt quoted above comprises 3 questions and one statement of fact.
I don’t give two hoots about the questions.
The statement of fact I have highlighted in red.
Janji Demokrasi at Dataran Merdeka
Janji Demokrasi at Dataran Merdeka
To those of you who were at Dataran Merdeka for Janji Demokrasi on 30th August, did you see racism of any kind in your midst, or a oneness of spirit and purpose for all who were there?
BERSIH 3.0
What of those who were at BERSIH 3.0 and 2.0?
Did the tender scenes of the makcik in the Ganesha temple in Jalan Pudu  putting bits of salt in the mouths of those anak bangsa Malaysia of all ethnicities and gender, seeking refuge in the temple after being hit by tear gas and chemical-laced water, smack of racism?
Was I merely feigning concern after we were all hit with gas and water at the Bar Council during BERSIH 3.o when, blinded, I together with so many others, sought to share the little water and salt we had?
But then I have, like so many other Malaysians, been blind to colour and race for as long as I can remember.
Have the Anti-Lynas campaigns been racist?
One fo the many anti-Lynas protests attended and supported by Malaysians of all ehtnicities
No!
The only thing racist in this country is UMNO, BN, Dr M and the mainstream media.
And now, of course, RPK’s untiring efforts to sow the seeds of fear.
For some time now, I hoped that it was a case of, being away from home, Manchester was out of touch with sentiments on the ground.
It now seems otherwise.
In my “Oh Lord, how soon we forget!” post on 3rd January, this year, I had said :
“Many of you appear to be of the view that RPK has betrayed us, and has sold out.
I think you premise this on his interview with TV3 last March and his latest interview with NST and Utusan.
I do not share this view.
Mine is premised on the man and Marina that I believe I have come to know.
We cannot both be right.
Let us all hope and pray that the error is yours and not mine.
You have my word, though, that should I discover the error to be mine, I will not hesitate to disclose all that I know to you.”
I admit now that the error was mine, and not yours.
And I apologise.

No comments: