My Anthem

Thursday, October 23, 2008

When shadows fall

remember there's light

when headaches strike
remember there's a heART beating still

when friends say Hi
in person
via email
or at Comments

we connect

that means we share a bond
however fleeting
Desi APpreciates
more than the RM20,000-gen AP

that satisfies the materialstic wants
the majority of humans hunger after
I wish not to linger

with UMNO, MCA and MIC wolves
that I have encountered
one too many to count

but of those I can call
Buddy saudara/saudari,
putera dan puteri in my eyes
who would find time
to tehtarik wit' Desi

I believe they can be enumerated by the number
of fingers in my God's gifted hands
I count the shadows
of animated figurines
created by these lovely fingers
on the wall

and I realise
I'm blessed
because
these shadows light
up my heART

I live more, when I am lifted
by the shadows
danzing on the wall


PS: This poem is dedicated to the regular or rare, even absentee, visitors -- like DPP, AM (Subang Jaya), AM (Furong), Mave and Howsy (where art thou lately?), PM?, MMmost certainly!, Helen, Primrose, Theels, Sweets, Kyels, Sabrina, JL and da IMp! who's still advising the former to "go *waste a li'l of thy life at the Conquest Lib wit' that Blondie!:):) -- :( Yan-ny! on the quiet from Catsville, Zorro, Anon, et al... YOU fill in the roster, OK! -- who peep into Desi's abode in the steal fo the Furong night, and leave a Hi- or Lo-, even a Behold! msg. It's like ajinomoto -- it's spicy and lifting!

* Dear Brudder Imran Ahmad,art thou steal in' Kampuchea? I did present him with a faded kopi of "Lad' Chatterley's Labor" by DH Ooouchlawrence...

3 comments:

The Ancient Mariner said...

will have to rethink about this furong tehtarik and kambing rendezvous...

not exactly health food you know.. heheh

sweetspirits said...

:)Oh i o u email oooppps :)

chong y l said...

am:) when it comes, or goes, to food street, i do a tap&danz, so no worries, Be hAPpy, rm or aus20k-ind oso cun!

we shalt do the waltzing maltda with sweetspirits, even with lamp/kambing chop wr=eiging desi down under!:):):) Arent vvve three lucky blokes!