My Anthem

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pearls of Wisdom

and the one about TRUTH.

"If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor." ~~~~~~~ Albert Einstein

This Sunday or Deepavali morning I promised to deliver a piece of writing to a sponSIR! As a responsible SIR myself, I believe a gentleman's word is his bond -- I don't know about gentlewomen, ladies or girls, never been one myself:) -- so today I'm keeping my word.

I'd just completed three months of intensive English tuition to two lucky Furongites -- or should it read unlucky? -- at pre-University level. Such willing guinea pigs are "rare" to find, but they taste exquisite as it offered me a chance to experiment with new teaching methods. I used the word "rare" because I'm forward looking to the continental dinner they are gifting me tonight, and I can alread visualise the succulent roast lamb. It was at the famous "Coliseum" in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman that I learnt the word "rare" to describe a piece of an English goat still dripping with blood that the Mat Salleh and mad sally enjoy attacking as "food". And the gall they had putting up signs like "Chinamen and dogs not allowed" at eating establishments defined Colonial.

That was a "long" Intro which is equivalent to an Entree, and you know Desi's routine is to have a CON BF-- continental breakfast on this special day. So it's a bonus today -- no, not to-die the Oz way as I'm not going down under a-Long with the rest of the world's stockmarkets!:(


****************** PEARLS SHARING STARTS HERE, Leave that dinner plate aLONE! ******************

What "images" does the word "pearl" stir up in thy mind, dear EsteemedReader?

Okay, first the definition according to the dictionary.com~~~~~~~

pearl - 19 dictionary results
Sponsored Links Pearl Necklace Supplier


http://www.pearlnecklacecenter.com/
http://www.pearl-necklace-jewelry.com/


–noun
1. a smooth, rounded bead formed within the shells of certain mollusks and composed of the mineral aragonite or calcite in a matrix, deposited in concentric layers as a protective coating around an irritating foreign object: valued as a gem when lustrous and finely colored. Compare cultured pearl.
2. something resembling this, as various synthetic substances for use in costume jewelry.
3. something similar in form, luster, etc., as a dewdrop or a capsule of medicine.
4. something precious or choice; the finest example of anything: pearls of wisdom.
5. a very pale gray approaching white but commonly with a bluish tinge.
6. mother-of-pearl: a pearl-handled revolver.
7. Printing. a 5-point type.
8. Also called epithelial pearl. Pathology. a rounded mass of keratin occurring in certain carcinomas of the skin.




Some potential answers about the "images" are:

* Coming/kambing from PENANG, you almighty proud one would exclaim: My island in the sun -- Pearl of the Orient -- Pulau Pinang!
** For biblical minded teachers, they warn you about "ingrates":

Don't throw pearls at swine!

*** For movie-goers like me, I remember with nostalgia PEARL HARBOUR. Can you recite or sing the lyrics to the theme song -- "There I'll Be"?

**** For today, I'm zeroing on a special kind of pearls. The one that won many a lad (like Desi?) a fair maiden's heART!

A few weeks ago, I received an interesting offer via Email from a gal named G.G. (my 7rh sense says it's a female; IF I"M WRONG, Gigi please forgift me wit' another string. My early Blog readers would know by now I've often dreamt of owning an I-land for a kingdom -- so if someone is offering Desi pearldom for now, why refuse?

Hence, now starts the post Body I'm alternatively sub-titling as:

Explore Your World of Pearls of Wisdom OR Vicedom!

This is a half-FUNd post as it is sponSIRed as I wrote in the Intro. More on the Truth of the matter, now let's deal with PEARLS. As for Penangites, it's not about your self-centred pearl of the Orient! The Malaysian world does not revolve around the DAP-led island in the northern sun, though I enjoy your oily charkeowteow and its swinging gals -- non-Sarong, for those hail hearty from the little dot south of Johore's border where lots of SIN-ing, SING-ing or SINGE-ing go on, I'm democratic, take your pick! -- with pearly-white teeth:)

Yes, SIR, because I am a wordsmith building up quite (a word which can mean a little, of medium quantity, or plenty!) a reputation in Blogophere, I was contacted to write a 300-wordpost. If I write directly in plain English, you would just skimp over my copy; if I add in some Da Desi Code (DDC), -- which endearment mGf Helen gifted me on my birddae! -- it may gift thee the codeINE for thy headache. And I know many of you are getting headches nowadays with rising fuel and food prices, falling wages and faling stock prices! If you don't understand half of what I have writ thus far, go consult Albert Einstein via Google, for in deed,it's a challenge in life to nail down any TRUTH of the matter! More or aMore of this later, I promise:), wit' Desi's trademarked s-mile seen miles away.

Now, to the core of the matter at hand, or aptly, at heART!:)


**********************************

WHY did I respond to this request from G.G. to write a sponSIRed post?

Ah, it was a moment of charity, I was on a HI! Also, GG, she was so persuasive, especially with his/her prompt responses to my emails. I WAS, AND REMAIN, IMPRESSED BY HER SUPER-SWIFT FOLLOW-UP, A PRE-REQUISITE IN MY VOCABULARY FOR ANY SERVICE SECTOR TO SUCCEEED!


Now I quote an excerpt from
"The Simple Truths of Service"
By Ken Blanchard and Barbara Glanz


"Years ago you could abuse customers and they had no choice. There was nobody else doing your business. Today things are very different. If you don't take care of your customers, somebody is waiting, ready and willing to do it.

Today your competitive advantage is not the quality of your product or service. If you don't have a high quality product or service, you're not even in the game. Your competitive edge today cannot be your price, because someone can always undercut your price. What you need is a fair price. The real competitive edge you have today is how you treat your customers. The one thing your competition can't take away from you is the relationship your people have with your customers. "

G.G. bult up an instant rapport with me -- Desiderata of all people not inclined to Email offers, having been recipient of thousands of offers from princes, tycoons and inheritors of all sorts of fortunes amounting to USD-...millions to share with me, a "stranger" -- it must be a "super-moron" who falls for these Nigerian scams!

So my first real pearl of wisdom to share today -- THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH IN THIS WORLD!

As I was saying, I was huegly impressed by G.G.'s swipt communication via Email and followup action, via postal service, from the first word GO! I received 21 lovely sparkling shining globes stringed on a chain held together by gold-coloured 21-karat jewels (in Desi's eyes, OK!), encased in a chestnut-coloured 2" by 2" by 1/2" box. Like the one you see Johnny Depp whould throw at you at the end of the world following a Carribean outing, but that is, if you have an actor's wilde imagination like Desi! Hollywood trail, remember?

I surfed over via the LINK provided --and hey presto!, you now have a ready source for GIFTS ideas for your loved ones for all the VIP occasions!:)

Today is DEEPAVALI eve -- a festival for Hindus to mark the triumph of GOoD over evil -- it may be a li'l late to buy a necklace or bracelet or band for your girl friend or wife, but you can always plan for next year to gift her a charming "black pearl necklace" plus a pair of exquisite pearl ear-rings to double her bliss! ~~ http://www.pearlnecklacecenter.com/earrings_det_01.htm

The season of GOoDwill internationale is fast approaching -- yes, December 25 is just about two short months away, and it's soon gonna be Bonus time! -- so try to lift her off her feet adorning her with an akoya pearl necklace for starters? http://www.pearlnecklacecenter.com/necklace_det_01.htm
Genuine, all the way from Japan. OR double her bliss, gift her a freshwater pearl necklace ~~~~~~~ http://www.pearlnecklacecenter.com/pearl_necklaces.htm

And the result is you will forever treasure when your darling sweetheART would jump for joy and give Thee that loving kiss -- make it two! -- under the mistletoe so-ON!:) at CHRISTMAS and the NEW YEAR (2009)... when you give her any of these pearls wrapped wit' thy LOVE in a chestnut-coloured box of surprise!



________________________________


From physical pearls, let me close going back to the starting block, and share some more discerning pearls of wisom with my faithful readers:)

Fredrick Nietzsche
Quote



1. In the beginning was nonsense, and the nonsense was with God, and the nonsense was God.


Mark Twain Quote




2. Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.



Albert Einstein Quotes




3. Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.



4. I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.





Plato Quote


5. One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.


Winston Churchill Quote




6. If you are going through hell, keep going.



7. Yes, that's the one right at the beginning!

"If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor." ~~~~~~~ Albert Einstein

So as to the Truth about pearls, don't take Desi's word for it; I quote from the famous ones for their pearls of wisdom. An for natural or cultured pearls, get the Truth of the gems from the sponSIR!:)

I have tried to fathom the wisdom of man's search for happiness on Earth, and I have not arrived at any set of criteria to fulfill the DesiderataOfHappiness. But for certain, don't wait for the sext World War as Einstein has warned "... World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." It's better to preach the message of peace and hope and joy. And what better way to do it but by giving him/her a SIRprise gift of pearl plus wisdom of thy heART!

So I can safely say, but summarise via a poem as a CONCLUSION (Hey, all writings must have an Intro, Body and a Con......., I remind my obedient students!) to all the female youngOnes and notsoYoung -- and to the males, including Desi, a sweetREmindER!:(
but always YoungAtHeart:)

While Diamonds are a girl's/woman's best friend
Pearls are the way to her heART
So a final, parting word from Desi, poet-aSsiprant
who hence knows aMore than the average Joe
the ways to a lady's inner orb of Joy
Gift your lay love a pearl necklace at her next birthday
She'll swoon over your body, oh Boy!
and demand another one, one more bracelet, band of Pearl
for any other anniversay day
And that's good
It will put both loved birds in the mood

No comments: