My Anthem

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Of Human Bondage

I was pretty young -- young not pretty -- when I saw the movie adaptation of (I stand corrected!) Somerset Maughm's OF HUMAN BONDAGE. I think the actress was Yvette Mimieux (Hope I git her and spelling right2!), but male chavinist that I still am, for the life of me, I can't recall who the actor was. Hey, you young fellas outdare, tell me?!

As innocence truly accompanies ignorance, I then hardly absorbed the literary beauty of SM's bent but I did swoon over VM's contours. Yes, I had classmates at age 10 who would throw a chalk to the floor,then pick it up closer o the teacher -- yeah-lah, not male-lah! -- to challenge others to report on the colour of her UW.

If you had to ask what UW stands for, please get outa hear! Migrate to Malacca where all the under-16-year-old gals are safe from Mat Skodeng now that the CM is Ali soemthin' that rimes with kastam. I am from the NineStates,so why test Desi on Melaka's politicians' namaah?

Okay, after a long&windingroad, what's bondage?

Let's start wit' bond/s.

You have James.
You have monetised wan.
You even having those binding friends.
Also a gentleman's word. I think Desi's qualifies.

Of human bondage, I spied this extract loaned by a Voice, befriended by MidnightVoiz and vve both AP desiderata by max ehrmann....... (If you ask me what's desiderata.my admonishment: Oh no! it's not verses found at a chapel in some stupid US county around 1692 ...)

Alexander Fraser Tytler, "From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to complacency; From complacency to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage."

1 comment:

Donplaypuks® said...

there is also bail bondsman which dsai did not have to refer to, bond envelope and that pop singer fool 'My name is Bon, Simon Le Bon!'
http://donplaypuks.blogspot.com