My Anthem

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

MISSION MERDEKA: My Blue H'aven Beckons4Change to Continue...

If there is one turning point that NegaraKu will treasure as "historic", it will be the will of the 58,000-strong VOTERS of Permatang Pauh today, the D-DAY not just for PKR leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, but more significantly, to mark the 51st anniversary in five' days time the Independence of Malaya from British colonial rule on August 31, 1957. Will we be able to achieve a higher plane of independence from BN-UMNO hegemonic culture of corruption? Truth will greet or choke us tonight as the Election Commission officially announces PP's by-election results.


Former DPM and PM-in-waiting DSAI's MERDEKA MISSION -- Independence from Oppression, Crime and Corruption -- will be notched several steps forward if the electorate in PP in their wisdom return Anwar to Parliament with a resounding Victory over his BN opponent Arif Shah, who by the way, will still reman a Penang ADUN even in losing his parliament fight tonight.

My Blue H'aven was started 3-1/2 years ago on a Mission4Change.
CHANGE came on March 8, 2008.
Greater and sustainable change must be the will of the PP electorate Today, in this touted Mother of All By-Elections in NegaraKu.

If Desi stares at the CloakOfDefeat cometh tonight, I will pen a Midnight Voice for the last time, for a "long" time to come, to live up to my name.

I will reflect if such efforts4Change should even continue.

I'm quite sure I won't be driven to this MalaysiaBoleh dilemma.

But Malaysian politics has been plummeted to such lows -- Sodomy? Second time around, UMNO-oh-No! -- that some scepticsm among fair-minded Malaysians is understandable. We must be prepared for the strangest of eventualities! I pray that my misapprehension is unfounded and ungrounded.

God bless the people of Permatang Pauh. You are an a historic crossroads on behalf of all fellow Malaysians. I pray I can be proud of Thee tonight.

Hope springs eternal in this Midnight Voice in Furong. I know there are any number of chorus boys and gals in the background singing in tandem. The melody is in the hands ofthe 58,000-strong PP choir. "Gb....!"~~ YL-Desi

No comments: