My Anthem

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Emo all bottled up

red sails in the sunset
harbour lights

a bottle floating on the sea
does it hold that mystic message
a boy wit a gallant innocence born of story-booked wonder
raed about robinson crusoe and his thursday (female) -- my imagine --
but reality friday (male)
happiness is allowing one's mind a wander
perhaps a tycoon randomly
gifted the finder-keeper
a will to his I-land in the sun

a lad just turning a round 10
baby-faced yes as all chubby kids are heavenly endowed
and adults and young girls do not shy to ruffle the
crown of windblown hair
even a peck with hands,or bolder one's lips, the ruby-red cheeks

but his mind is on that 20million i-land
(my English teacher early told us the "s" had no sound
so I exercised premature Shakespearean licence to word-play around)

under the moonlit sky
recalling Elvis strumming Blue Hawaii I watched last New Year
a sudden rush of a teenage princess
appears
smiling the cutest littlest smile
it's not for others to see
just for chubbyfacedluckyme

tonight i hear the strains of music
enchanted
as the waves keep rhythming with sweet melody in my heart
i feel warm blood rising all the way
from beneath my soles kissing sand
tricking its upward streak via knees
and finny-funny-fanny emo in my tummy
rumbling through a lad's bursting chest

a neighbourhood gal's heartbeats merge into a lad's
as he reaches out for that bottle brought in by the waves
maybe we will inherit that I-land
in the sun
if not i will travel the seven seas when I am a buckaneering lout

(i think johnny depp knew two decades later how the lad felt)

hunting down that bottle full of emo
with a mystic message of hope
that mircales do come along
with waves that kiss a young lad's
footprints in the sand

NOTE: Lines drawn one moonlit night at the blue lagoon
10th, 11th or 12th mile, port dickson
a lad at 10 is never precise
like the emo bottled up
and its meaning etched temporarily
like some sea-water washed love
letter in the sand

1 comment:

The Ancient Mariner said...

Next week I will be in Kelantan on (what used to be) the Beach of Passionate Love. Eat your hearts out, beach bums ...