My Anthem

Saturday, February 24, 2007

What is thy fave Beatles' song?

Mine is LET IT BE.

It enables the scribe in me to empathise with people caught in difficult situations -- crossroa, dilemma, conundrum, tight corner, wahtever you call it -- without a viable solution in sight. So at that moment in time, we can only resort to waiting it out, just Let It Be!

Not too good a prospect to be left with, but Life does not leave you with options all the time. I don't know what faced Hobson so terribly historic that history honours him with a title to his name, I wonder if he had a choice? I wonder if the future someone powerful enough would recommend my name to be asociated with something more positive -- like Desi-YL's Option being a winning one!

Pre-CNY, I leisurely wandered thirsty into xpyred (I often say minus da d!) territory and I was satiated as mGf I have longed to eet in person was promoting All You Need is Love, sharing George's melancholic (my reading) rendition of "As My Guitar Gently Weeps", and Paul's "Hey, Jude" with its pretty singable karaoke refrain Nah, na, na, na. na. na. na Hey, Jude, Jude, Jude....fading with a temptation to go on forever.

Thanks Reduced and Recycled for the nostalgia bestowed @xpyred.textfiend.net...

When scribes begin to refer to the past as The Good Olde Days, or even when folks gather at CNY reunion dinners or Cowboy poker tables, we always talk in terms of halcyon days gone by. We could spontaneously pick up a partner to dance to Marianne Faithful's playful, abandoning and warm soothing chorus by the fireside Those Were The Days, yes!

Sister Cathy on Day six of CNY gifted Desi a copy of

THE BEATLES
10 YEARS THAT SHOOK THE WORLD


by MOJO
with FOREWORD BY BRAIN WILSON

The four-year effort coordinated by Editor-in-Chief: Paul Trynka
(Desi would pay an arm and two legs for that byline to replace Paul T!)
quoted the EIC as saying:

"Looking from today's vantage point, over four decades on from when The Beatle came to the world's attention, we might think that the story is complete, that there's nothing more to be said. We'd be wrong. Eric Burdon , the gravel-voiced singer with The Animals, expressed it as well as anyone" "there is something beyond time about The Beatles, something fairy tale."

Brian Wilson in his Foreword said:


"Some of my favourite Beatles songs are Tell Me Why (I love Paul's bass line), Michelle, With A Little Help From My Friends and LET IT BE. Paul's version of The
Long And Winding Road too, I absolutely love. All You Need Is Love is brilliant. And I love the hunourous horn arrangement that George Martin did. In some ways, the 1960s seem so long ago, but in others, I feel like we need that spirit more than ever."


I have going through some downtimes, which is inevitable if you live Life intensely -- as a writer is wont to! -- and if I don't have some gentle shoulders to lean on, I turn to the mop-haired foursome from Liverpool. Let's hear from you if you have any of their anthems to help thee get through your difficult moments or phases in this young, old or not that old, transient life on MothergoodEarth.

I rely on the faithful assurance and re-assurance of~~

Let It Be


Beatles - Let It Be Lyrics
When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be.

Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
There will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be.
Let it be, let it be. Yeah
There will be an answer, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdrom, let it be.


And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.

I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be.
There will be an answer, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

let it be~~~ nice ~~~ so need to be reminded...beatles rocks~~~

Anonymous said...

People ask the perennial question - which is the greatest pop band of all time. some say rolling stones, led zeppellin or the beatles. to me there is no comparison - why. Because the beatles is beyond comparison. they are from another planet. they are not only the greatest (can you give me a better superlative). they are god, they are out of this world. they come only once in a million lifetimes. If anyone stil wants to argue, i rest my case. Let It Be.

chong y l said...

freelunch:

yes. the beatles rocks. Elvis rolls!:)
Dinner and supper rock and roll; do you follow with HI spirits, Mr/Miss, ah?

chong y l said...

nstman:

Thou art my Beatles gangmanber.
Imagine we duet/(or triet?) with xpyred Let It Be on A Hard Day's Night in Strawberry Fields Forever...

peAce...bro!

Anonymous said...

I tell you, the Beatles are aliens. There's no other explanation for it!!

heh heh :)

Anonymous said...

A million years will pass and people will still be talking about the Beatles. They rank with God as the greatest of them all. Beatles forever. And Let It Be.

Anonymous said...

Anyone who doesn't acknowlege the beatles as the greatest is not a human being. If you have any problems, come and see inside or outside the building.
After the beatles, the greatest bands are as follows

1 Led Zepellin
2 Beach Boys
3 Bee Gees
4 Elvis Presley
5 Simon and Garfunkel
6 rolling stones
7 Gerry and the Pacemakers
8 Tremeloes
9 Chicago
10 yet to be decided

Anonymous said...

More than 30 years ago, god, or otherwise known as the beatles, preached love. Today the word love is a forgotten word. Now we have terrorism, hate, bigotry, envy, jealousy. Today the Beatles are more relevant than ever. Now all we Need is love.

chong y l said...

nstman:

ranking d Beatles with God?
Nah, nah na na na na nah nah nah, with God's sext of kin-lah, like Hey,Jude!

DESI DONWANNA BE SUED FOR ALOUDING my blog to be accessory to commtting blasphemy.!:(

Like Pak Lah -- power by association!, wonder if I can bet an AP? -- Desi's a God-fearing man.:)

"Now all we Need is love." THat one I will chorus with thee, and xpyred without da d=itto!:):):)

chong y l said...

xpyre(NO d):

do you mean people like you, me, nstman and frelunch are of ALIENam

chong y l said...

nation, a class above Bumiputras! The mighty power of lOve!:)

chong y l said...

nstman:

Trying hard, I beg to defer to thy order of preferences:


5. Beach Boys
3. Bee Gees
1. Elvis Presley
2. Simon and Garfunkel
9. rolling stones
4. Gerry and the Pacemakers
7. Tremeloes
10.
_______________________

6. Herman's Hermits
8. Supremes

PS: The rolling stones just "slipped" in mainly on One Song: "I can't get No (Satisfaction)

So buddies, we do have much in common -- just wonder allowed how xpyre's and freeluncher's oders of merit be. or not 2B!:)

PPS: I took oouch led Zeppelin cos I thjought it was a jetplane FL was dreAmin' of!

Anonymous said...

And god created the Beatles. Let It Be.