My Anthem

Monday, February 26, 2007

Insurance and some government agents are like 007

The only Government department I feel comfortable to visit, for my own service or friends', is the General Hospital, commonly known as Hospital Besar, followed by the name of the town it is located in. Hence, when an outstation friend mentioned she was passing Hospital Tuanku Jaafar, I did not know it was the new Olde Hospital Besar she was referring to. Why new then Olde, you ask me? Solve that one yourself by travelling one hour south from Kuala Lumpur in March okay? On thy way to Singland to watch that Phantom. What Phantom? you ask again. Of the Opera-lah, you nit. Luckily I left out wit.

Why do I hold the HB in high esteem?
All my three children were born in the general hospital, for one and chief reason.
My peers preferred the privatye hospitals to welcome their next generation. Sexier I believe, also the wife could boast she could afford the few kilos.

Sext, because since the numbering system was introduced, they are as efficient as the banks, even better than some banks whose officers pretend ot to see the huge crowd just after a festive season. Of course, I know the doctors, nurses and other associated staff at government hospitals get relatively "low" salaries for the type of work and services rendered. So one BIG salute to a branch of true Khidmat Untuk Negara!

Desi's sometimes quite caustic, could have swallowed some soda when someone I offended placed the arsenic in the toothpast tube. No, I had not increased the premium in the Life policy yet. Come to think of it, I never had bought any. I envy some people buying million-dollar policies (yes, not just one!) -- aren't they opening themselves to risk to dying by murder most clean by the named but unfamed beneficiary/ries?

So whenever I was approached by insurance agents (at one time, one in three teachers was fronting as one; now the replaement is Amway or Cosway...) and my answer would always be stock: No'way. I enjoy savig the premiumn to something I would not enjoy myself for that dream vacation to -- yes, you guessed it! -- Norway.

I have a new dilemma -- I either LOST or miss-placed my car ownership card recently, and so could not have my road-tax renewed. I asked my Insurance agent to help me get a Replacement Card, but most insurance agents are like 007, useful only "under cover". Pay your premiums on time. Even if one day late and ytou're killed in an accident, you cannot file a claim from beyond the tomb. Grave.

So it's a case of DIY. The only time I had a DIY was wake up, brush my teeth, fry an omellette and toast some bread, open the jam jar. And fork the peanut butter out of the open jar mouth. If it was a new bottle, I would spend the next half-an-hour using the tin-opener to get at the nuts! The way some bottles are sealed you would think national trade secrets are stored inside!

So I first went to RTD in a buddy's car, was given a set of Borang, and advised I needed a police report.
I next dutifully obtained a copy of the Lapuran Polis -- very efficient nowadays as I was in and out with RM2 copy in less than 20 minutes! -- and went back to the RTD>
Th RTD officer looked at my Borang and attached documents as if she was coming across such a case for the first time, then turned to me and asked: Where is the Puspakom report?

I said I was advised by Polis "no need one".
She turned to another officer seated nearby, exchanged some "un-understanable" banter, then she looked straight at me like a headmistress reprimanding a recalcitrant standard six pupil, said in a serious tone, pointing to a clause: Inspection by Puspakom (all the instructions are in Bahasa Malaysia, but the boxes next to each clause is to be ticked, which I believe it means "discretionary").

If the RTD has a "standard procedure" for such cases, it should spell it out properly by TICKING OFF ALL THE CLAUSES TO BE ASDHERED TO, and not make a complainant come back for seven trips to have 7 instructions to be followed.

So when any of my dear ER wants to meet up with Desi coming soon, please inform my secretary what James Bond vehicle arriveth at my door step by Furong River, or izit Sungai Ujong? Also depends on what's your Pick-Up Line?

Well, our Prime Minister has vowed he wanted to CUT DOWN ON RED-TAPE.I know he means well, but I don't know about his downlines. They don't work like Amway, Cosway, maybe No'way!
Personally, God-fearing Pak Lah has to go trhough all the Borang at each Kementerian with his Ministers one by one by one by one by one ... how many ministries ah?

Being an Opposition supporter my 'hole life by inclination, insinuation and operation, I did not succumb to some of the signals I receive at government departments to smoothen or quicken the process. But I know many Malaysians are desperate enough to compromise. I agree with ex-PM Dr Mahathir Mohamad that indeed, corruption has moved from below the countr to above the table. I wonder who's the chief culprit?


Am I aloud to THINK ALLOWED?
If yes, I blame it on the nation's CEO, past, present and future.
Do they have a case to "sue" me?
If yes, p[lease consider the preceding four lines as "being erased", okay!


I Rest
My Case.
Again?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need puspakom inspection in order to issue replacement registration card? Oh my.

I hope they don't ask for DNA check when I lost my IC. (how I am going to keep my DNA sample?)

chong y l said...

moo_t:

hope you return after CNY celeb much invigo-Rated, not X!

leave pudpskom snf other rent-collecting agancies alone,
long enough they perish
Damp earth to damn earth will return

some DNA are blessed
some are cursed
mine and yours we reserve
that we do not meet with pollutants
and Iblis only certyain putras d'serve

susanloone said...

forgot to leave you CNY wished on yr blog, hope its not too late. i really like the poem 'till the earth touches the sky"---really meaningful. take care.

chong y l said...

slooney:

I met thy matey kickafella at the NPC Fridae nite -- fool of lOve and vibes. He claims thee as his warrior soul-mate! (I gotta a li'l jeles, luckily I was not Hi! on spirits; tho the spirit was willin the bod was weak.
Ne'er too late for CNY greats - it's ChapGoMei, as in Lad (chap) GO-gah-gah after Lady (mei)--'Crazee'Desi(YourGoodfriend Freelunch monikered me thus! wonder if there's a case to SUE? I need 20mil to re-tyre or re-wire.)