My Anthem

Friday, February 16, 2007

A Champagne Night

The hoRst of of allofhelen.blogspot.com asked Desi last night which genre of songs I fancy -- I told her it's C&W. I sang for her alone the openiing bars of Your Cheatin' Heart, and North to Alaska...("FL: Dun git jeles K!").

Cos I was born a countryside bumpkin and yes, a WOG --Westernised Oriented Gentleman.
I believe the 3G Gen terms it differently -- Desi is a Banana Crocodile Dundee."Yellow on the outside, White on the inside." I think locals subs CD with Jinjang Joe, or am I Jinjang Jane?

Thre bloggers plus helen's SignificantOther met up somewhere in neutral c'untry at Sri Hartamas Shopping Centre. The BakGOODSteh owner was not a good hoRst, turned away the four half-loaded mouths, so we compromised on a Gary something restron, methinks it's not Cooper, Big or Mini

The other blogger is the infemes freeluncher who berated me for exposing her "polygamic" tendencies and keen supporter of Perlis' Menteri Besar's softsell recently as the State who welcomes EasyRider marriages. (But I defended by explaining that it's meant as a compliment -- she has the best of the games in life!)I also placated freelunch, who I earlier misjudged as a fellow mail -- not That I am gender-discriminatory! -- by offering her freedinner at almost 9.00pm after she chauffered me for two hours' touristy tour of her Kuala Lumpur SENsurrouns (actually I played dumb that I was mostly a Furongknight thoughi spent the better part of earning small bucks downtown Evil2RedRidingHoods koala lumpuh!

Now at the meal table, FL and Helen engaged in gos'sips ofo'er soft drinks while I exchanged Furong and Ipoh taels with Mr Helen. I even tried to impress tghe lad's spiaking Mandarin with an accent. Of course I outdid them with my inpeckable Sharkspeare's English ... Yes, sharks' fin soup was on my mind, but Helen forgot to order in advance. Will make it on the menu when we do a rendition downtown (I agreed to a Deja Woo before May ...) Ipoh. Must also order in advance White kopi and Helen's femes past&PRESENTries.

Okay. we mainly tallked politics, which I won't bore my esteemedreaders today as soon we'll welcome the True Year of The Fire Boar and we have 365 days to bore/gore Amore of each other. Typically, I overheard FL and Helen exchange juicy bits about Mills&Bones, and bytes about bloggers met and unmet, even trying to make out the "sex" (Translate: gender) of certain writHers. I was multi-tasking, chatting up Mr Helen and earsdropping on my fellow blogerr fe-mail BIG talk, and interrupted them so frequently that I chow-downed, or chowed-down, only half of my RM15.90 Pork Chop in Burning-Hot Claypot.

Helen was so bubbbbly that it was a champagne night indeed. Freelunch was, as usual, armed with her photogenic camera and when she focused in my directon: I told her in a lawyerly fashion that "If you do damage to my repute publishing any unflattering pix, you will soon receive my lawyer's letter. So if you're lucky, you may get an Albert Einstein frontal shot of Desi @2020freelunch.blogspot.com.

At about midnight as my six-star chaufeeur cruised this scribe back to Sombong Jaya about 30 minutes away, Helen sent a sweet MSM thus:

"Thanks 4 the dinner and great company. Waiting 4 the day I can return the honour. Night."

My handphone ran out of credit because these two bloggers cost me to make Maxis richer by some RM15 BIG bucks MS-ing and calling to keep in touch on our timings -- 8.00pm AP turned out to be 60 minutes later, not too bad considering almost CNY Eve and the day after V Day traffic jam.

Since I was buttered well,I replied this orning an=bout an hour ago to the mGf couple from halfway house enroute North To Alor Star:

"D mGf, d greATnurse was bubbbblyDo a DejA woooo byMAY when poetswax lyrical n Helen r PastPRESENTries in eeeeKPOH"

_______________________________________________________________

WISHING ALL MY READERS,
Esteemed, Steamed or Dreamed,
"A PROFGRESSIVE YEAR
of the FIREBALL"

to light up your life, your partner's, your mates'
and all who come into contact with YOU,
Person of the Year 2006.

We progress from day to day
week to week
month to month
and most of all
WE PROGRESS WITH OUR FEET
FIRMLY ON MALAYSIAN SOIL
ACTING AS A FIREBALL TO EACH OTHER


in the Year of the Fire Boar!


P
E
A
C
E



P
R
O
G
R
E
S
S




F
I
R
E

B
O
A
R

B
A
L
L


On Chinoserie New Year's Eve, I add,
May thy year be Hi ne'er sad.

"I prefer peace to prosperity
I wanna a crowd of just me, matey and Amore matey
Wishing thee a Progressive Nu'e Year
Of the fireball! Here, hear!
The pig is whistling sweet melody
Come drink Hi n Lo with teh-See! "

1.40PM, Feb 17, 2007

9 comments:

JOEPSC said...

Desi,


Your sage sayings have gone by,
Hope you're not on Teh-C high,
Prosperity will bring on peace,
Here is wishing you plenty of this,
Plus lots of bliss in pigsy year,
Your fiery good news I shall hear!

TH said...

Desi,

I see others write,
but I know no poetry,
I'm sure Desi will be alright,
if I did it more me!

So here's wishing you,
and your family too,
Happy Chinese New Year,
Prosperity in everything you do!

---

Sounds so odd! But the best I could make. Enjoy your holidays, Desi!

Anonymous said...

~~~gung xi gung xi

Helen said...

Happy New Year and let's do this more often. Will spare those poor shark though. Dun want them to reduce them to extinction...

chong y l said...

joepsc:

I hope it's not to late to wish all my friends across the Malacca straits in the Li'l Dot, as mGf seefei puts it, a Happy and Sinfool Nu'e Year, where small wishes come true,
and big wishes may or not follow!:)

PS: DEsi believs in goodnurse coming in small packs!

chong y l said...

twisted heels:

I know you're all red packed
Minus writHings you're haversacked
after wintry cold
now it's springtime dancing bold
I entice with a Packet of Nazi Lemak
And something Red--a nigh Commie alamak!

chong y l said...

freelunch&helen:

SExt we have Loh Sang
Also C&W sing-along
Desi's fool of red-crackers
Waking up the li'l ones
with a beng-A-bang

Gong Xi, Gong Xi:o) angpow I give thee
You make me laff, please gift me an-AP.:)

Fashionasia said...

dear desi!
here is msFA wishing u gong xi gong xi frm siMILANo....
sorry for being MIA.
Ms.FA going through alotta hell in the ofis...no time to blog hop.
Hope all is wella from the belle!

chong y l said...

fashionista:

I know your MIA is to be at fashion capitals of d worlde
Milan, Paree and Kuala Lumpur?
Nice of thee to remember bell hear during Nu'e Year
I won't boar thee, just offer thee teh-See!:)