My Anthem

Monday, February 05, 2007

Monday's Child

While recent generations have grown up with the version which in which "Wednesday's child is full of woe" an early incarnation of this rhyme appeared in a multi-part fictional story in a chapter appearing in Harper's Weekly on September 17th, 1887. In that version "Friday's child is full of woe." In addition to Wednesday's and Friday's children's +++role reversal, the fates of Thursday's and Saturday's children was also exchanged and Sunday's child is "happy and wise" instead of "blithe and good":


Monday's child is fair of face.


Tuesday's child is full of grace.

Wednesday's child is loving and giving.

Thursday's child works hard for a living,

Friday's child is full of woe.

Saturday's child has far to go.

But the child that is born on Sabbath-day

Is bonny and happy and wise and gay.



Trivia

This poem was recited on Snow White, starring Kristin Kreuk, to describe the new names of the dwarves.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This entry is from Wikipedia, the leading user-contributed encyclopedia.

DESI: You ask: How many? My fave number, of course, SE7EN.

You then ask: Have you patented this SE7EN as my trademark?
My staed to disappoint you: Someone else arrived at the starting lne before You and Desi!

You further have the cheek to ask: WHO?
I further have the gall to answer: No, that's NOT the singer or band, that's western. Another one, Asian.

Next don't aRseK anymore, just NOTE that I also play +++role reversal with several of my Y&A here. I'm mentee to them being Mentor!

DESI in serious mode from now onwards, which is a very, verily, short time:

I woke up this morning wondering: What child am I?
Do we really suffer the fate befitting the day on which we were fortunately/unluckily born/e?

My feeling generally I'm a Wednesday's Child.
My hope for Salvation is that Wikipedia tells me today (YES, i only found out topday!) that
sometimes, Wednesday's Child trades places with FRiday's child. Did Matt Monro influence such feelings?He who delivered the theme song in Quiller's Memorandum. Who can name me the star or starlet opposite Michael Caine? Or is Desi so faulty in memory recall it was not Mike?

Dear ER: You tell me two things today, as we are all fine of face today, for 24~~~~~~~

(1) What day's Child are you?

(2) From your life's experience to date, without influence from Desi's writes, do you feel generally the day you were born on matches the specific characteristic spelt out to you in the Nursery Rhyme?


(3) If you don't want to confess in public, being so shy like "PrimeDae's Childe", then Email chongyl2000@yahoo.com. I'll tell you your real fortune, provided you append that cheque!

My purpose for today's Post is to state, with no hesitation, that my late Mum (May Her Soul Rest In Peace) is a combination of a Monday's Child and Friday's Child. While "late" literally means she has moved on from this GoodEarth, I have used "is" because I know for sure she's Somewhere, out there, with a perennial half-smile, on a face full of brightness and cheer, with heart of gold shining through the clouds of grey and shades of darkness, on me and all my loved ones and friends, wherever we are.

When I receive my showers of blessing and safety every day,
I know I'll be fine. I pray, you too

JUST IN PASSING:

Two similar faces who come close to fulfill similar desiderata of fineness of face cometh to my mind:

(1) The Prime Minister's late wife, Datin Seri Endon Mahmood,
May her Soul Rest In Peace.

(2) Sdri Wan Azizah, PKR President,
wife of Sdr Anwar Ibrahim, the Prime Miister-to-be-or-not-to-be.

"I pray: MAY GOD GIFT NEGARAKU WITH MORE and MORE SUCH EXQUISITE PERSONALITIES.~~
Amen."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sdr Anwar Ibrahim, the Prime Miister-to-be-or-not-to-be.

hahhahhahahhahahhahahahaha

some humour there...

TH said...

Here to disturb you a bit! :)

I'm a Tuesday child, but definitely I lack grace, hehe.

chong y l said...

freelunch:

Not just humour, i heard the rumour, it's coming through!:)

chong y l said...

twistedheels:

No Disturb sign is not in sight
No gracefool also a delight
as long as you write me a nice story
to nestle in my small house of 4- storey:)