My Anthem

Friday, May 05, 2006

Bonus Track: TWO LIGHTS

TWINS?

I ACCIDENTALLY walked into the wrong room in the budget hotel named Nilai (in Malay it means "Value") as I was tired from a four-hour outing, consisting of exploring the nearby Mantin town and savouring its gastronomic delights. The last course of "fishhead curry" shared with two long-lost friends as I had just returned from abroad after a long absence, must have induced my wandering into Room 007 (when my registered was 008).

I saw the two lights on the reading table
-- dim as if not to disturb the rest, perhaps, of a dainty maiden? It's an hour past midnight -- only the sound of soft running water exited from an adjoining bathroom, due to a tap not completely closed by a tired soul, I surmised.

Above the table was a portrait, and what seemed a ray of light emitting from a smile, flirting on the face of yet another beauty? My head had lately been obsessed with beauties from unknown landscapes -- they visited me in my dreams, and even at daytime reverie during tea-breaks.

Or the two beauties could be related -- even twin sisters? My writer's imaginings becoming richer by the second-- maybe it's the rice wine, or the fishhead, especially its brains said to contain aphrodisiac and sublimal values.

Two lights, dim and shy, hiding some secrets. Perhaps One of apparitional delight. And the Other, I'll find out, tomorrow, should I have the pleasure of meeting the living delight.

---Ends Short Story ---


~~~~~~~Breakaway begins...

6 comments:

Helen said...

Enjoy yourself!!!!

If I'm in mGF blogs, I'll ask them to post loads of pics.... but seeing its Mr Desi's turf, I'll have to refrain myself. :-P

Oh, a little XoXo 4 you. (hope nobody catches)

fishtail said...

"... and behind the veiled shower curtain came a voice: 'Yes? Looking for me?' 'Who are you?' I asked. 'I am the Mona Lisa,' was the reply, 'you don't think I'm going to miss the grand opening of my movie next week, do you?'

Howsy said...

Where is Uncle Desi? Starting to miss him already!

TH said...

Ah.

Someone got here faster than me!

Clicked a couple of times d..still no new post. 3 days is a long time..(but not enough for my revision)

Hope you had a great break!
(and faster post something mind boggling and make me even stressed out)

chong y l said...

helen-- you're one of my soul-matey ER.

you understand compleatly the sould within -- which is a rare find on blogosphere.

no, in blogswordl, NObody is watching. EVERYbody is. Butt WTH, we'll do our thing -- Xo or YoMe-shoo.


fishtail:

You've wetted everybody's APpetite for more. How about giving us the Amore with some 250-500 words, I know the power of thy fishing pen.:) Send via Comments and Desi'll promote to FP.
Thanks for a beguiling second tailstart.

If this Xperiment (akin Lin Dynastry wokrs, we'll plan to some 25 episodes of SS.) ALL ER are welcome to put on their wildest imgaines.

chong y l said...

whosy and twisted heels:

Lundun-ites like krytonite are powerfool tonics -- if I should go for more Breakaways, I'll draft thee as absentee Guest Bloggers -- you read Desi's mind2 wella.

I miss Theels2, but with Howsy, I dunno.

The postman shall arrive about lunchtime here, you get on with thy Beauty sleep. Cinderalla and beautifool 'Beast'.

Luv from Furong, and I "ta pau" lots of fresh, luxuriopus sea air and pounding of the waves to work up your morning, tioptoe-ing through Black Tulips. They say it's the bloom of lOve.-wink 2, nudge 2- Amore.XoXo