My Anthem

Sunday, January 22, 2006

I Walk The Line...

It's so predictable.
The Chief Firenman has come out once again.
He puts out the fire that his "firemen" subordinates had set up.

Bravo. Trumpets sound. drums roll.
The Chief has spoken. Everything is solved, and Children please quieten down...

Until the next fire...

From the SUNDAYStar frontpage:

Memo withdrawn

The matter is now closed, says
the Prime Minister




KUALA LUMPUR: The memorandum to Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi has been withdrawn.

And as far as the Prime Minister is concerned, the matter is closed.

The retraction of the document signed by nine non-Muslim Cabinet ministers calling for a review of laws affecting the rights of non-Muslims was made during a meeting between Abdullah and five of the signatories at Seri Perdana in Putrajaya yesterday.

They were Housing and Local Government Minister Datuk Seri Ong Ka Ting; Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy; Health Minister Datuk Dr Chua Soi Lek; Works Minister Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu; and Energy, Water and Communications Minister Datuk Seri Lim Keng Yaik.

“I met them and I told them that they need to retract the memorandum and they all agreed. I hope the memorandum will no longer be an issue from now on,” said the Prime Minister.

Abdullah, who is Umno president, told newsmen after launching an Umno recruitment campaign that he considered the issue closed and urged everyone particularly politicians to stop harping on it.

There should no longer be any debate on whether it was right or wrong, fitting or otherwise, in sending the memorandum, he said.

“We don’t want this to remain an issue because the parties who sent me the memorandum have already withdrawn it.

“They understand the views expressed by others over the sending of the memorandum and that is why when I asked them to retract it, they agreed,” he said.

Abdullah said the only sensitive part of the whole chapter that stirred emotions among various parties was the act of sending the memorandum, and now that the ministers have taken it back, “it is over.”

But this does not mean that the subject of the memorandum could not be discussed at Cabinet meetings, he stressed.

MCA president Datuk Seri Ong Ka Ting welcomed the Prime Minister’s assurance that the issue would be addressed by the Cabinet.
.
.

Gerakan president Datuk Seri Lim Keng Yaik said the meeting with Abdullah was necessary because the press has made the matter concerning the memorandum a “hot issue”.

.
.

MIC president Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu said the MIC “really appreciate the advice and views of the Prime Minister and will adhere to his decision.”

.
.
.

Go spend RM1.20 and read, digest the fool report ... and educate thyself on a Sundae brunch or hi or lo tea. For Desi, it's the usual CON BF Xcept this morning I'm taking 1/2 the portion. BNo more appetite, but will make up for it come
SUP(p)ER time!



DESIDERATA:

I had in an earlier earlier Post gave a "small salute" to the TEN-minus-one (like minus 1 tape at the Karaoke joint, remember?) miniSTERS (adopting one LONE-style...) put forth the MEMO. I said I might upgrade the salute if they could stand the test -- sticking to their guns.
But it's proven Desi's prediction -- it's the DOG WHICH BARKS, WITH NO BITE! Or another word associated with my dear Friend -- call them COW-....?
(Fun challengiA: .... fill in the blanks, and gas'ing rite will win thee TehTarik plus SUP(p)ER tonight!

Now adapting from the SundayStar's headline,

Desi's sub-title for today's rumination reads:

SALUTE WITHDRAWN.

Last night at sup(P)er chat with some mGf, we also discussed the subject, and of various organisations holding a daily candle-light vigil in front of the Hi-Court buildings at Jalan Raja, fronting Dataran Merdeka.

I shared with them I often "saluted" such activists.
There are many loud Malaysians who have many things and issues to rant and rave about -- directed at the Government mostly. But do they Walk The Line?
Desi likes to throw them a challenge by asking them to join "the troops" at such demonstrations of their commitment to the Cause.
I had even drafted some "memo" to ask them to sign on, or requested for some "indicative" show of support for some of the civil causes. Many behave/d like chickens, or isit COW....?

I am glad I can count on my two hands' fingers -- now proceeding to the MIStheTOES - a number of people who would join Desi in Walking The Line...Some may be physically far from my side -- one is having flu and country in cold winter, and others up north and east and west away from FuRong, but ne'er mind, I know for sure their heart&soul will accompany Desi&FRiends tonight...

One night the coming week (will confirm later..) Desi will invite to some likeminded ones out there near Kuala Lumpur, have a DATE WITH DESI?

8.30PM, Jan ..., 2006
Venue: Front of Hi-Court buildings, Jalan Raja, Koala Lumpur.


Followed by THAT SUP(p)ER I talked about! On Desi, don't bring your purse, but remember to bring some candles and your EYE-SEE!

from The Man In Black
Johnny Cash

I Walk The Line


I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, I walk the line


I find it very, very easy to be true
I find myself alone when each day is through
Yes, I'll admit that I'm a fool for you
Because you're mine, I walk the line

As sure as night is dark and day is light
I keep you on my mind both day and night
And happiness I've known proves that it's right
Because you're mine, I walk the line


You've got a way to keep me on your side
You give me cause for love that I can't hide
For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide
Because you're mine, I walk the line


I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

6 comments:

JOEPSC said...

Desi,

In a situation when dogs bark without bite or politicians dream up an enemy when there's none in reality, an average man will get annoyed and agitated to think along these lines:


Playing politics of power, party or gesture kind,
Has corrupted both the land and minds.
Traces of dirt, some fleeing chicken,
A dead cow, cowards, all similarly stricken
By the might of some parasitic youthful club,
Aligned, agitating, hiding behind the governing hub;
Grubbing like idiots, seeking imaginary foes,
Wasting away precious time and dole.
A great show on display, the world can see;
Lacking wisdom, hardly intellectual, many agree.
Shameful and childish, some would say,
Yet, others think those people are in disarray.
Grow up politicians, be not like rattler!
Everyone is at the end of his tether.

Anonymous said...

Hi Desi:
On a bright sunny Sunday morning, I opened my daily newspaper and saw the front page headlines. I then wept for Malaysia. To all you caring Malaysians, please read between the lines and try to understand what was the underlying message of the memo in general. In any organisation, if the top management plays only lip service, the employees will be disgruntled. If the management consists mainly of strong, aggressive and bigoted senior managers, the lesser managers will not see any way for their views to be heard in their board meetings. Chances are the lesser managers will be outtalked and outnumbered by these more senior aggressive managers. So what other avenues are left for these lesser managers to have their grouses heard in these board meetings? See where this is coming from? Don't read the memo, read the underlying message.

chong y l said...

hi joe-psc:

maybe we should have a sin-mal collaboration creating the most regarded political film portraying the grandeur and majesty of
OUR POLITICIANS?

Maybe nyet, 'cos the people are not vely litigious, they might sue both of us and take us to the cleaners.

I don't mind bathing in NU-water though!:)
Joe, you like Lake Titiwangsa?

Better not, unless you're Tarzan 'cos
there are many mal(E) crocs init!

chong y l said...

dear SH:

you must be winding down a bit with approaching CNY to welcome that Doggie in the window?
reading in between the lines -- that's what smart Malaysians do when reading the morning papers. we are so well trained that we also must read what's left UNSAID.

Better still, join your neuighbiourhood buddies at the Mamak stall. You get moree "reliable" information about this and that politician, his biz, his no.2, no.3 and no.4. Millions, still counting...

PS: Did yuou hear about one suit against some MCA leaders not paying fro some RM40,000 incurred to feast their masters? (Got reported by one more independent Chinoserie daily...). I'm trying to get a translation from one media friend...

Gossip goes down well with my morn and evening tehtarik ...don't no about my blood pressure tho.:)

Anonymous said...

Desi,

It's great that ear squats are not allowed anymore. Tee hee.

P.S. - I am liberated! :P

chong y l said...

kyels:

yes, ear-squats might be GONE, butt there are other worse forms of human indignities that ill-led humans can think up to insult their fellow humankind.:(
Kind is too generous word to describe this 'kind'!:)

GOoDdae, seya on 14th nite of CNY, yeah!:) We'll keep some crocs nearby company for jest one night of bourgeosie l'ving!:):):);):):):)
ever HOPEfool, Desi.