My Anthem

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

two CONtrasting scenes

Today's The Star on page 18 carries the headline: Pay rise justified, say MPs.

Contrast this with theSun's page 1 lead headline on April 20, just seven days ago:
MPs query pay rise.

I don't need to elaborate except refer you to my post on April 20, 2005 titled donQTake 2.

I won't work so hard today writing a long post because I am not elected into the august House to talk a lot.

I am my own master, I answer to none except to my own sense of responsibility as a proponent of CivilSociety, and to my own Conscience.


I'll just wait and see how these MPs, both from the Barisan Nasional, and from the Opposition parties would vote on the Members of Parliament (Remuneration) (Amendment) Bill 2005, which when passed, would increase the honourable members' allowances by 10 percent.

Let's talk cock less and see if Action speaks louder than words.

My educated guess is the Amendment would finally be passed and adopted after some posturing of great sacrifice working for the rakyat, save for some dissenting votes from the Opposition bench, perhaps a few independent minded ruling party MPs, Datuk Sharir Abdul Samad, leader of the Backbenchers Club (BN-Johor Baru), and his colleague from Kota Baru, Datuk Mohd Zaid Ibrahim?

No comments: