My Anthem

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Marching into April

It's been 30 enjoyable days since budding desiderata2000 on the Ides of March. Contrary to conventional belief that March 15 brings forth dark clouds and turbulence, with the skies opening up and raining WMDs and unseen and unforeseen objects, my month-long journey has only seen an abundance of joy and jest, with some sombre moments for reflection and rejuvenation.

I think it's a good time to recap some companions and Conversationists along the ongoing (ad)venture who I hope, will continue, to add joy and value to this mutually beneficial outing. May we continue to have fun and fellowship along the way.

I'm determined to post at least one story a day, and it has been achievable thus far.

I have marched into mid-April with lovely thoughts of all the girls I have not set sight on who recall for me April Love rendered in the Pat Boone evergreen style, and ll the men whom I have not met yet, yet sound so uncannily familiar, recalling all those Funny, Familiar, Forgoten Feelings sung the inimitable Tom Jones, hipswaying style.

Herewith the rollcall, with malice towards none and goodwill towards all, including the outstanding omissions:

Blogging to the R&R Beat

JeffOoi, acknowledged as agent preceding James Bond by 5 plus one,
Bloggers country-wide, maybe region too, deem him second-to-none

Mack(theknife?) Zulkifli, Branding a new Malaysia
Pak Lah took the cue, it's better late than never

MGGPillai throws in his veteran rants and yarns
Ascerbic but entertaining, revealing many skeletons in the barns

Lonestar9 please continue to 'rite and right
It's serious business I tell you, it's also a force of might

mwt was an anonymous whose counsel I took
Link to PPS and a wider field of reach I partook

Dear SH Tan reminds me of Man's Best Friend
Pointing at some misconceptions which I gladly amend

Dear Zorro, I wish I can see through thy mask
Getting to know thee better, that's my honourable task

O Kenny Sia, from Sarawak my distant yet laughingly G' mate
If I'm female, I'll guffaw and guffaw on our first date

Sepetgal always reminds me of the arts
Indeed, culture deepens and softens human hearts

Finally a most enlightening and mutually loyal fan
Nuggets at
http://yancorner.blopspot.com penned by Yan
Thanks for thy soup for the soul constantly
This journey we need each other's words of warmth, spontaneously.


***Composed mentally by YLChong 11.59pm 15th March plus 30 days 2005;
Somewhere in Blogosphere, amidst the stars of human love and understanding, the lightning of of discernment and inspiration and thunder of human rage and righteous indignation? CopyrightORwrong belongs to desiderata2000.

3 comments:

chong y l said...

Hi Yan & dozen fans-o-be?:

It's my honour and privilege.

To the YoungOnes, I hope you can laugh and learn at the same time; compose some Limericks as a MerryGame and a prize from teacher Yan for the best one? (and also from me, if all of you send me 16 fiveliners ...for the most laughling loud one! along the lines of the girl who came back inside the smiling tiger!)

Seeya via my desiderata.english on Sunday, yes, my day of R&R!

kennysia said...

Happy 1 month anniversary YL! Your views on Australia-Malaysia relationsip brought me here in the first place and I look forward to seeing more good material from you in the coming months. You certainly have an engaging writing style that focuses on social issues, and for that I commend you.

Thank you for acknowledging me. :) But in true Malaysian style I shall say "Aiyaaaa... NO NEED LAH!!!!"

chong y l said...

Hi Kenny and MWT:

In life's journeys we meet many passengers, some become acquaintances, others just wave a quick hello, a few become your friends. I hope in weks, months (and I hope) years to come, we can call each other "brudder" or "sis" (saudara, saudari maybe), even exchange confidences besides greetings. Heavenly soars the human spirit and the expansive mind ... G'Day.