My Anthem

Thursday, April 21, 2005

donQTakes as a Salute to Cervantes

I have todate summarised certain important events via QTakes, for Quick Takes, mainly as a record without going into elaboration. Today I progressed to take in some donQ takes after the colouful character Don Quixote created by Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes. Please take desiderata's comments with a pinch of salt on a touch of humour, and forgive him if some runs akin to rumour, for rumours in my dear country often materialise into events to be honoured. Your job, dear Reader, is to sieve out the wheat from the chaff. Mine is just to initiate the exericse of your brain-cells, which I must presume God has given thee an adequate quantum, unlike some of our hghly elected or appointed officials. I must not go further lest I get sued for contamination! So here goes:

donQTake 1: The NST runs a page lead today with headline
HELPLESS!
and subheads
YES: There are seven illegal toxic waste dumpsites in Johor
BUT: DOE can't take action against those who bury toxic waste within their property

desiderata: Yes, I get a summons for a compound fine for lighting up some bush or twigs in my garden, and my pocket becomes lighter.
Big shots get away with wastes polluting the b..... whole neighbourhood and some bigwig official says his/her hands are tied (No power to act, another heading in sidebar report, NST page 5)and the corporates get away with blue or white or black or other coloured murder.

donQTake 2: TheSun page 1 lead with headline
MPs query pay rise
reported that "It's rare for those offered a pay rise to ask why. Barisan Nasional members of Parliament surprised many by questioning the government's proposal to increase their allowance by 10% when they did not ask for it."

Desiderata: When the Bill comes up for voting, let's see how many would join the Opposition MPs to vote the proposal to death. Action speaks louder than words.
I recall there was one Senator in a previous august House honourably took the government to task over some amendment to a Bill, but when voting came, he shot up his most honourable arm-and-hand to support the Bill amendment. Teh tarik stall Talk cock, anyone?

donQTake 3: No problem with Bible in Malay: PM
as stated by heading in a Brief, page 2, theSun. The PM said that: "But if it's in Malay, you must make sure on the front page that it is (stated) not for Muslims."

Desiderata: Seconded, and Syabas to Pak Lah. Sometimes I don't envy him his job as CEO, because many below him just don't see it. Many in Malaysia aspiring towards 2020 still are afraid of taking on The Clash of the Minds?

donQTake 4: We get a lot of dark humour AT THE DEWAN RAKYAT sometimes, originating from some MPs showing off their bra(i)n(d)cells; but the media also sometimes contribute some, witness today's in theSun, page 6, header:
Uniformed Islamic laws by year-end

Desiderata: Dressed in Black, White or B&W? My favourite colour is blue, whether Monday, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri or Sat, but NeveronSunday, when I celebrate my Birdday. And that's when I invite thee: Come fly a layang-layang with me au naturale! Adios, adieu, till I see you yonder at the Blue Horizon.

No comments: