My Anthem

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Restless Sunday...Voice Season 4 gave some relief from Politics

I was feeling a little concerned at some local politics -- I mean in PeytonPlacesque SEREMBAN -- as a Journalist one is inclined to pen down one's thoughts on what's bothering you. It's easy enough if it was a Gal who''s "ALWAYS ON MY MIND" -- but this wasn't something romantic involving a cowgirl. It's local politics, and it involved some socalled "party buddies".

At lunchtime I "shared" my concern with one of the buddies I knew only recently, but I guess'd I could trust him well enough as he was not among those "hunting down a candidacy" as a potential Wakil Rakyat. The socalled buddy involved that was "cause" of my concern had been hankering for a slot as a State Assemblyman at GE13, and the shortlist for Negri9 was slated to be announced SOON>

I felt restless througfh dinner time; so when the Blind Audition Rounds of The Voice came on I midway caught the final round -- worth mentioning is TWO NEW COACHES in Shakira and Usher maketh this season novelty although I do miss the well endowed Christina Aguilera; sorry I didn't miss that huge guy that much as his music "genre" was not really up my Koboi alley. Well, Blake has always been my man, so......


As I watched the talents fighting for the last of 12places on Team Blake, Team Shakira, Team Adam and Team Usher, it dwaned on me that I must only spend Sunday rumination in my "comfort" zone of songs, poetry and writing. Not waste time, energy and my talent on useless, potentially "dangerous" persons/causes.
(Digress: one prolonged Face-Off with RPK and Haris Ib of MCLM -- now dead or alive? -- is one too many for my short Koboi life!)

So I dismissed that "concern" of fighting among candidates for limited slots on PKR slate. UNLIKE THE VOICE where competition is based really on TALENTS, in politics sometimes other less pleasant skills are needed to land a slot.Survival in politics at GE time especially brings out the negatives of man, and all too often, it's the ENEMY WITHIN (PKR) WHO IS WORSE THAN THE ENEMY OUTSIDE (of PKR)

Desi knows himself -- he's just lending his forte as a writer to promote CHANGE via Pakatan Rakyat. I have a talent with words (Yes, I'm not modest about my proficiency in this department for I have been earning my bread&butter, with Kaya thrown in sometimes!, using my God-gifted skills, so as the Bee Gees sing: "And words are all I have, To take your heart away."


And wit' the singing, and lovely Shakira au naturel  with constant  smiles to feast on, Desi's day-long CONcerns faded away; hence I cold tap on this keyboard to finish a highly personal post, jest FORTHE RECORD, about se7en minutes before the HP hums 12midnight....


And tomorrow it's another new season of 24-hour interludes of Life, so let's just pray we see the sun rise 7-9 hours hence.


God bless all my friends and sincere people of the world who stand up to be counted when the occasion demands it. GOoD Night!

No comments: