My Anthem

Friday, April 05, 2013

JK Rowling distracts Desi from POLITIKUSSING..

YES! AND was I glad for the 2-hour diversion from the madness of Malaysian poltical stage to the Astro TV story of the HARRY POTTER creator's "unofficial biography" over Astro Diva movie that started at 10PM as I arrived home from HI-TEA with PKR Strategy Director RAFIZI RAMLI hosted by PKR Cabang Seremban, so can I have my ERs' AP to defer my political writHing to enjoy some creative escapade?

I also owe it to myself as "Desiderata" since the 1hr 45min movie is about a fellow writer who went from impoverished single mumhood (don't tell anyone OK!) on welfare to fame and fortuine by her flights of imagination. Can I now also digress to quote one of my fave ALBERT EINSTEIN QUOTES -- "I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge . Knowledge is limted. Imagination encircles the world."

As my eyelids are struggling to keep open -- hey, I had a "long" day out at 3PM for the 4.30PM Hi-Tea as two buddies from KL came awe the way to support a rising PKR star -- hopefully soon to be MP of Pandan post GE-13 -- so I took an easy way out by Googling to spy this extract from harrypotterspage.com, via: http://www.harrypotterspage.com/2011/07/30/video-jkr-unauthorized-bio-film-on-lifetime-tonight/


Update: Video: JKR Unauthorized Bio Film On Lifetime

Posted by Lilysowl On July - 30 - 2011
Poppy Montgomery as JK Rowling We previously reported that an unauthorized biography film was being made on the life of Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling.  And now tonight,  Magic Beyond Words: The J.K. Rowling Story premiered at 9:00 pm EST on Lifetime TV.  It will air again tonight at 11:00pm EST and tomorrow (July 24) at 7:00pm EST.
Here is a summary of the film posted on Lifetime’s website:
“Magic Beyond Words: The J.K. Rowling Story” dramatizes the British author’s struggle to bring the beloved wizard fantasy of Harry Potter to life. Starting out as a single mother on welfare, she becomes one of the world’s wealthiest women, with more than 400 million copies of her visionary books sold across the globe, resulting in a billion-dollar film franchise. The film is an inspiring look at a woman’s rise to become one of the most influential writers ever — from her humble beginnings as an imaginative young girl and awkward teenager to the devastating loss of her mother and the genesis of the Harry Potter phenomenon in her early twenties. The rags-to-riches tale also follows Rowling’s tumultuous first marriage, becoming a mother, her divorce and the dark days of living on government assistance while publisher after publisher passed on her first novel … before it became an international best-seller and established Rowling’s rightful place in literary and cultural history.

NOW can I adjourn for 40winks -- and mayhaps dream about Joanna Rowling's pathway from Rags to Riches to replicate Des's way out from PeytonPlacesque Furong to London or New York?

I promise to awake when the first cockerel crows the morrow and tell you WHY or HOW "Joanna" transformed into JK.. Ms Patience is also Ms or Mr Virtuous OK!

No comments: