My Anthem

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

wedNURSEdae

By now if my esteemed readers still wonder WHY Desi writes kind of funny -- or funDy! -- an example is the TITLE of today's Post, it's due to my determination to play word-games with my ER -- I would have used wit' if I continue that game here! -- as a Blogging jouney is to be ENJOYED, and also to be STIMULATING enough we learn some thing new along the way.

From my childhood, I learnt lots of nursery rimes/rhymes and songs, and Matt Monro -- or Monroe eating full of eggs! -- adapted from one for his theme song in Quiller's Memorandum, do you remember WEDNESDAY'S CHILD?

Wednesday's child
is a child of woe
Wednesday's child
cries alone I know


So if a person is caught in such a situation, what does he need most?
SOMEONE like a NURSE to yes, nurse/sayang him. Yes, I use "him" to denote the universal person that's neutral gender afore the days of feminism and bra-burning...Sorry, I stray! The other word is "(I) digress", which is a Blogger's privilege to abuse at whim and plenty.

The more important point I try to convey, especially to my pre-U stdents who pay me pittance for a 3-month English intensive-but-youcuntcallitexpensive!-course, is that MANY TV NEWS PRESENTERS PRONOUNCE THIS THIRD DAY OF THE WEEK with a NURSE SUND for the middle syllable. One fels like showing him the middle finger for misleading all the young ones. The "e" is nes is SILENT, STUPID! Like the first "i" in medicine, SEE! Even wit' both eyes closed, like Jackaria? Or was it some other burger ex-MP from Masin?, Malacca, where kids above 12 but below 16 are not encouraged to venture into for December school hols... Holidaysspelt out in case some mistake it for holes. Not wholesome vocab at Desi's Place where some grown-ups in the steal of the night visit and read more intomy sentences than what's in my poetic mind, mine.

Shalt I take leave now as mGf Liew MK waits at Seremban Central Market --yes, Furong has one -- you snooty KL-ites don't have monopoly over CMs like at Pasar Seni, arty-farty wans, K! --C U latter, oops, later, must watch my spelling as some of my ex-teachers do accidentally drop by orin or through, whatever.Damed Ingeeris can be bewildering...Go ask UMNO Information cheap...(Is he also a cheap Minister via back door under Pak Lah?)

No comments: