My Anthem

Monday, December 08, 2008

Something borrowed, sumthin' hallow'd...

Especially to my Muslim friends who have performed the Haj; "SELAMAT HARI RAYA HAJI".

Last night I had a celebration of nostalgia with some close buddies -- and a re-discovered poet-buddy of mine must have "Desi" in mind/kind when he composed this poem, which I again lived up to my reputation that preceded me across SOUTH of the border borrowed (I burrowed through the Straits of Malacca to do this, how's that!) his intellectualism wit'out an AP!:) I know a buddy won't mind, poets naturally are kind, sort of. Bloggers like Desi are presumptious, sort of.

Today's fave phrase "S O" seems to be sorting itself out hear! Off you go now, bud/butt of'!

So JOEpsc, Terima Kasih.
Tehtarik and Furong's bestA kambing awaits Thee at Lingam's -- Don't bring thy CJ!

So here's something borrowed from http://jp-sijun.blogspot.com/;
Go visit thy neighbour to read more of a fellow poet-asSpirant's hallowed ground.


Saturday, December 06, 2008

Nostalgia


Photo: JOEPSC



Abiding me through thick and thin,
A good companion you have been,
Profoundly you know me for years;
While I have aged but none the wiser,
Still fall like one enchanted lover.

Upon the tinkling of your bell,
Out ring your chants of haunting spell;
My eyes do mist with film of tears,
My mind is lured to somewhere yonder,
Where memories of old grow fonder.

You do inspire a hope and dream,
To slake my lust for days sublime;
A picture from the past you paint,
In it I still hear sound of scream,
Though some are lost in mists of time.

You leave me restlessly to crave,
For something somewhere in time gone by;
And this won’t pass to grant me rest,
But pesters on with every sigh –
Sad yearning beats hard in my chest.

You can’t hold long the days of old,
To let all mysteries be told,
That’s why I’m always back too soon,
When nothing there will make me flee,
A precious solace waits for me.

Events of past do come alive,
Familiar voices do revive;
Soft wind blows from the tranquil deep,
To whistle old songs in the trees;
And loved ones ever make eyes weep,
But soon they’ll fade with passing breeze.

Nostalgia ­­- sentimental longing,
Enduring every whim and fancy,
To heal a heart that’s ailing,
Fill mine with comfort to the brim!



Written by JOEPSC

**********************************************

One fave song I sometimes sing in low desibelles (I did that lust night:, May the First2), also mimicking the BeeGees' falsetto:)

In The Morning

In the morning when the moon is at its rest,
You will find me at the time I love the best
Watching rainbows play on sunlight;
Pools of water iced from cold night, in the morning.
'Tis the morning of my life.


In the daytime I will meet you as before.
You will find me waiting by the ocean floor,
Building castles in the shifting sands
In a world that no one understands,
In the morning.
'Tis the morning of my life,

In the morning of my life the
Minutes take so long to drift away
Please be patient with your life
It's only morning and you're still to live your day


In the ev'ning I will fly you to the moon
To the top right hand corner of
The ceiling in my room
Where we'll stay until the sun shines

Another day to swing on clothes lines
May I be yawning
It is the morning of my life
It is the morning of my life
In the morning
In the morning
In the morning

No comments: