My Anthem

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Christmas Eve...lighting UP!

And I am still sober.
I should become drunk like most light hearted Malaysians in the way drunkenness is in a haelthy sort of way. You let your har down -- whatever is left -- you let your chin -- if it's not drooping because of coagilated fats -- and you put your foot on the table -- if the four-legged oakish looking holder that serves you at BF, lunch and dinner through supper -- has not given up bearing y=with your table manners, or lack of.

I remain sober whilst most buddies down a last six beers tfrom the night beofre. I am saintly -- I can't down more than 1/2-glass-fullORempty before I turn lobster red.
Apparently it runs in one's genes. I asked my two kids -- yeah, Dad still thinks of 24-yo and 28-yo as children! -- if they have acquired the ART of holding a beer. They retort I did not bestow on them the right genes. Yeah, Dad is a leftist.

I look at the bright side of things, or thongs, or thangs. leave out the other two vowels for others to have fun_D with Words, and yes, my Bee Gees gurus have taught me wellA -- and Words all I have to take your heart away! By not being a real drinker -- vve fall back on rut bir! -- vve save enough at RM6.50 for small, and RM9.50 for BIG! so they have have enough savings to pad up the dowry should they marry a Minangkabau bride. I hear that's the MNKB style to have the male ditch out HUGE dowries. Of course, the reverse is true of Dindu brides -- their parents would become pauper should they have more than two daughters, I hear.Now I stand corrected if I factually MISsrepresent the female gender standing, or sitting,or lying down.

Just dont let Desi catch you kissing Santa Claus tonight beneath the MISERYtoeTree. It's not niCe to be a spoilsport. Kiss your gf or Gf underneath the pale moon light. Something tells me poets are isconceived to think romance builds up in crescendo as the light pales. Some Jeans tell me the brighter the moon, the louder the desibelles and the aMore the belles feel like doing it. On top of the banana tree if you can't find mistletoe. I can't even tell a missTHEtoe from the ruleOFthumb Christmas tree. If Desi writes silly things, blame it on aweOFhelennic DDC:(

Here's here's wishing ALL MY DEAR ESTEEMED READERS, especially PAVLOVA who remembers Desi fondly I believe, and Primroses, who guessed spiriteDEStination I dream of, and a sweetspirit from Down Under always waiting by Redhead beach to do a duet masterpiece... A MERRY and BLESSED CHRISTMAS. Join Desi if you now Furong vale enought at the Butterfly Valley and we'll belt out:

First of May
, OK!



to outshine the Bee Gees :):)


When I was small, and Christmas trees were tall,
we used to love while others used to play.
Don't ask me why, but time has passed us by,
some one else moved in from far away.


chorus:
Now we are tall, and Christmas trees are small,
and you don't ask the time of day.
But you and I, our love will never die,
but guess we'll cry come first of May.


The apple tree that grew for you and me,
I watched the apples falling one by one.
And I recall the moment of them all,
the day I kissed your cheek and you were gone.

>>> chorus

When I was small, and Christmas trees were tall,
do do do do do do do do do...
Don't ask me why, but time has passed us by,
some one else moved in from far away.

2 comments:

TH said...

Desi, Merry, merry Christmas to you and your family! Hope you're enjoying the holidays..don't over binge on alcohol :)

Have a great new year too!

Greetings from far, far away.

chong y l said...

ah TH, the other twaingy soundbyte from Pulau Pinang, where like frongknights, the menn are generous (they add more prawns to the charkeowteow!:)and the womenn are chiIrpy and chariItable.

So I raise 2 cuplets of Puerh to THeels -- she admonishes NO alcohol, but homerbrued atenoLOL is OK! -- and Sabrina, and Desi will jest watch 'em.

"AP AP2 AP3 NU'E YEAR2009!" 2awe!
PS: Come back for a date in May at BUM2009? Bring along sum whtsgifterChocs:):):)